collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466709 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3195 on: January 15, 2021, 12:12:42 PM »
I slipped on a patch of ice yesterday and now my legs and toes are sore :(
I’m sorry to hear that.

I am so frustrated right now.  :cry:  My dad bought a computer program that he doesn’t know how to use and I’ve spent the entire day working with it. I don’t mind helping him with technology but he didn’t like any of my suggestions and kept telling me “I want to do it this way”  and then when I did it that way he decided that he didn’t like it so I had to start over. After that he decided that he wanted it done the first way again.

I love my parents but sometimes I wish they would leave the technology stuff to me and not try to be helpful.  If my dad had just let me handle the computer program I would probably be done by now instead of still working on it.

I have been in a good mood today so that has probably made the situation worse.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3196 on: January 15, 2021, 12:27:07 PM »
I was waiting to be picked up from the eye doctor sitting on one of their benches outside. An older man was on the other bench. A lady came out with a walker and wanted to sit by the older man but he pointed at me and said "she should give up her seat". I said that just because I'm still young doesn't mean I don't have a disability myself and offered the lady to sit next to me.

I hate invisible illnesses and people who assume I must be healthy and fine by looking at me. It happens a lot in waiting rooms because I'm usually the youngest person there. I can feel the judging eyes on me. Bah.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: January 15, 2021, 12:44:03 PM »
I was waiting to be picked up from the eye doctor sitting on one of their benches outside. An older man was on the other bench. A lady came out with a walker and wanted to sit by the older man but he pointed at me and said "she should give up her seat". I said that just because I'm still young doesn't mean I don't have a disability myself and offered the lady to sit next to me.

I hate invisible illnesses and people who assume I must be healthy and fine by looking at me. It happens a lot in waiting rooms because I'm usually the youngest person there. I can feel the judging eyes on me. Bah.

It really gets to me when people do that. I remember one time my mom was having trouble walking for an extended period of time and got an electric cart to shop in the store. There was another lady that was asking for an electric cart and when she saw my mom had one she gave my mom a nasty look because my didn’t look like someone that needed  an electric cart. I’ve never forgotten it.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 12:50:06 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: January 15, 2021, 01:34:56 PM »
And someone else called out this afternoon so I have to cover THEIR stuff now.  Gee, why is my work getting more and more backed up?

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: January 15, 2021, 01:46:19 PM »
And someone else called out this afternoon so I have to cover THEIR stuff now.  Gee, why is my work getting more and more backed up?

I’m sorry this keeps happening to you. :(

I had a wardrobe malfunction. Luckily I was home and not out when it happened. It was quite surprising when part of my clothing literally came apart.

Ponyfan

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: January 16, 2021, 02:11:34 AM »
Yet more emails from Disney telling me to consider booking a cruise/holiday soon!

Stop it! We don't yet know how things will turn out in the next 12 months!!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: January 16, 2021, 06:28:50 AM »
We ran out of milk and the next delivery from the milkman isn't until Tuesday, so I had to venture out down to the Co-op to get some more. It's only about two minutes down the road but it's a claustrophobic, cramped place and it's unpleasant at the best of times. Today, however, there were really rude people in there, completely ignoring the one-way system and barging about like angry bulls, so it was even worse. :facepalm:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3202 on: January 16, 2021, 02:34:42 PM »
I'm extremely annoyed at my broken down body today. Mentally and emotionally I'm in a great mood but my stupid body doesn't want to do anything. I've been trying to clean up the kitchen and pantry all day. I'd like to get this junk off the floor so I can mop. My brain tells me 'okay, go!' and as soon as I do one tiny little thing my back and legs are causing pain and giving out and I have to sit down again. I did sit in a chair while I organized the pantry but I have other things to put in there and I'll have to carry them and walk. Like, 15 feet. It's in the hallway. Right there. But noooooooooo that's just too much for my body to handle! :mad: :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: January 16, 2021, 04:06:51 PM »
We ran out of milk and the next delivery from the milkman isn't until Tuesday, so I had to venture out down to the Co-op to get some more. It's only about two minutes down the road but it's a claustrophobic, cramped place and it's unpleasant at the best of times. Today, however, there were really rude people in there, completely ignoring the one-way system and barging about like angry bulls, so it was even worse. :facepalm:
This is why when I have to go it's either just after opening or just before closing. Nice & quiet, almost nobody but staff & everybody gives distance.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: January 17, 2021, 01:19:32 AM »
Trivial complaint: there is a hole somewhere in my (newish) trainers that lets in water when I go outside, making my socks wet and my toes feel cold...

I'm extremely annoyed at my broken down body today. Mentally and emotionally I'm in a great mood but my stupid body doesn't want to do anything.

Take it easy on yourself, there are good and bad days. You went to the effort to tidy your pantry, so that is a WIN! You made a good start, moving those other things can wait. Small steps! :)

Miniature Sheep, some customers are just plain selfish, as Ponybookworm says, sometimes going at quieter times is best to avoid them bumping into you, but when you run out of something you need to go asap, eh? When I do my "big" shop, using my car to transport the heavy things, I stock up on fresh milk and also that longer-keeping Cravendale milk to store in the back of the fridge. We get through a LOT of milk in our household! Last year, my husband saw someone locally was getting rid of their little old fridge, we collected it & it now lives in our garage as our "lockdown" fridge, it has been very handy for storing our fresh food, saving us the need to make extra trips to the shops.

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: January 17, 2021, 07:57:10 AM »
I hate how all those paywall news websites always assume that just because you want to read one paid article, it means that you are willing to enter a committed long-term relationship with them. Sure, I don't mind paying just like I will pay for a physical newspaper, but why would I want to register an account tied to my e-mail, provide my personal data, enter my credit card number, read and agree to the Terms and Conditions, read and agree to the Privacy Policy, read and agree to the Clickbait Policy, receive a newsletter to my inbox that I need to actively unsubscribe from, and then have to remember to cancel before the end of the current billing period just so that they don't charge me for another month/year. I mean, would it hurt them so much if I could just, say, send a text message to a premium number and receive a one-time code that I would enter so that I can read that one particular article and then be on my merry way? Seriously, all those online news agencies need to realize that I only wanted to read their stupid article because it happened to be one of the results that popped up on Google when I searched for some story, not because I find their journalism to be that much more special than everyone else's. [rant over]
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3206 on: January 17, 2021, 08:54:57 AM »
I'm extremely annoyed at my broken down body today. Mentally and emotionally I'm in a great mood but my stupid body doesn't want to do anything.
Take it easy on yourself, there are good and bad days. You went to the effort to tidy your pantry, so that is a WIN! You made a good start, moving those other things can wait. Small steps! :)

Thanks :) Looking at the kitchen today, I guess I did do a lot yesterday. I think I can get it finished.

My complaint is allergies :bawl: My eyes are itchy and there's a lot of pressure in my sinuses. Even though it's winter something is always blooming here and it rained all day Friday, so everything is feeling fresh and renewed, flinging pollen everywhere.

Edit: My evening complaint is ants in the kitchen! They were in my cats food bowls. It's the tiny ants again. I'm calling maintenance tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 04:15:16 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3207 on: January 18, 2021, 05:55:48 AM »

You have my sympathies. I was once kicked out of the disabled area of a train to make room for a bike.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: January 18, 2021, 07:38:10 AM »
I popped into Aldi to pick up a handful of things yesterday, and thought my bill seemed a little on the high side, but didn't question it. Now I realize I accidentally bought Greek yogurt instead of the regular vanilla whole milk variety I usually buy...it was $6! I'm irritated because I'm low on cash this week. The worst part is, I hate Greek yogurt. Hopefully my kids won't know the difference and will eat it.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: January 18, 2021, 10:22:08 AM »
I was at the store today and an employee approached me saying he thought I was his friend. What really took me by surprise is that the man that I've never seen before said my name.  I think it had to just be a lucky guess that his friend happens to have the same name as mine but it made me really uncomfortable and I was too shocked to by this fact to reply to him that that was my name.  Once he talked to me he said that he was mistaken and I wasn't the person he thought I was.  I'm sure he meant no harm and made an honest mistake.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal