collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 465641 times)

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2715 on: August 06, 2020, 07:07:16 AM »
I've been put off responding in poll threads lately, because I accidentally voted for the wrong pony in the "Favorite Brush'n'Grow" thread and I can't fix it.
should be perma-moderated

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: August 06, 2020, 08:14:07 AM »
The Raunds Library is still closed, guess I won’t be going to work there in a while.  -_-
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2717 on: August 06, 2020, 03:21:51 PM »
I went to take some garbage to the garage and when I came back inside and sat down I felt an incredible pain in my leg. My mind immediately defaulted to fire ants so I checked my chair and started swiping at my shorts. More pain. So I ran to the bathroom and tore my clothes off still thinking it was ants. Nope. I turned my shorts over and it was a big wasp!

I'm allergic to insect stings so I started to panic and beat the wasp to death with a towel. It got me three times in the thigh and once on my hand. I took Benadryl right away and I think I'll be okay and won't need to go to the ER.

What the heck though?! It crawled up my shorts and hung out there until I sat down. Like??? I'd tell the wasp to go home because it's drunk but it's dead now.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: August 06, 2020, 05:38:07 PM »
OW! You poor thing.. I hope you'll be alright.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: August 06, 2020, 07:16:26 PM »
I ordered the Fruits Basket Season 1 Part 2 DVD from Amazon 2 months ago.  It came, but I didn't have time to watch it.  Finally had time to open it up and put it in and it's a Region 2 DVD.  Nowhere on the order page did it say that it was Region 2!  I looked multiple times before placing my order and even today, it still didn't say anything about being a different region.  So now I can't watch it.  I did report the listing to Amazon as incorrect so hopefully nobody else ends up screwed over by it.  I've contacted the seller and I'll see if they'll actually do anything because their seller page says to check the regions on DVDs before purchasing.  I did that, they didn't have it listed correctly.  If they don't do anything about it, it will result in a bad review (something I don't usually do but other people need to be warned if that's going to be the case).

That's really frustrating.  I hope that the seller will make it right.  Region codes should be clearly/correctly  listed on all pages since there are a lot of different regions.

Ponyfan

So, the seller's response was "Since the order is so old, there's nothing we can do."  Because as the seller, you definitely can't just refund or exchange the item like a decent human being.  Okay.  1 star review for you and a review on the product that says it's region 2 and not to waste your money unless you have a region 2 player. 

I'm very sorry to hear that.  You would think the seller would make it right since it was their mistake for listing it as a Region 1 DVD when it is Region 2. 

I went to take some garbage to the garage and when I came back inside and sat down I felt an incredible pain in my leg. My mind immediately defaulted to fire ants so I checked my chair and started swiping at my shorts. More pain. So I ran to the bathroom and tore my clothes off still thinking it was ants. Nope. I turned my shorts over and it was a big wasp!

I'm allergic to insect stings so I started to panic and beat the wasp to death with a towel. It got me three times in the thigh and once on my hand. I took Benadryl right away and I think I'll be okay and won't need to go to the ER.

What the heck though?! It crawled up my shorts and hung out there until I sat down. Like??? I'd tell the wasp to go home because it's drunk but it's dead now.

Ouch.  I can't imagine how much that must have hurt.  I hope you don't have to go to the ER.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: August 07, 2020, 01:29:14 AM »
Didn’t sleep well last night because my dad had to go downstairs to the bathroom because he had the poops. That woke the dog up she got excited to see him, and she started coughing (that almost got me upset), then my brother came upstairs because he was staying down here because the dog is scared to go into her bed playpen because of what happened before. So my dad stayed downstairs with the dog. Took me awhile to get back to sleep.

I’m cranky today so I might not be active on here till the afternoon.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: August 07, 2020, 01:54:48 AM »

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :ack: :ack: :ack:
Need to find an ouchy Emoji cause that must have been so sore!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2722 on: August 07, 2020, 04:47:08 AM »
Thanks everyone :hug:

No ER trip was needed!

It was a paper wasp which aren't pollinators so I don't feel too bad for killing it. And I was right, it got me four times. The sites are easier to see today. I think the one on my hand was shallow since it didn't keep hurting hours afterward like the others.

All in all painful but far from the worst (which is still invasive fire ants whom I am terrified of.) But I think I'll be avoiding the garage and outside for a few days ^^;

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2723 on: August 07, 2020, 09:59:58 AM »
Glad you're ok, BlackCurtains!

@Pokeyonekenobie Re the Region 2 DVD - will it play on your PC?

I have a region free dvd player here because I have a lot of DVDs from the US as well as UK/European bought ones and so on...but I'm not sure how it works in reverse with R1 and R2 because of the NTSC/PAL thing. I know that US TV systems struggle with PAL format things...but the PC ought to be able to play it??

(Japan is also R2 but NTSC, but if it's Japanese it might not have subs if you need them).

If you have a CD drive of course. Or an external one ;)

My complaint for today...is two actually.

My parents went out to town for the first time in 4 months today, to get their prescriptions. They had a lot of things to make sure they did, and they walked in instead of getting the bus, and wore masks and used sanitiser...and then Dad apparently decided he needed to linger inside the newsagents to read the headlines while Mum bought a lottery ticket. Don't remember that on the essential list. Sigh. Trying to get them to absorb that little things matter is so tiring. Thankfully sister is here to lecture them too now but it makes me worry about them deciding bigger risk things are no big deal ><

And I was going to go into town with them - or at least part of the way - but I had to stop in and wait for a plant to be delivered. Which of course, didn't come till they got back.

Sigh.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 10:14:33 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: August 08, 2020, 09:26:29 AM »
    Woke up this morning an my younger sister is throwing a fit for some reason. When I ask her what is the matter, she tells me “you know what’s wrong! Open your eyes!” as I think she was trying to rearrange the cupboard? Like, if I knew what was wrong I wouldn’t be asking about it. And then when I offered to give her a hand, she yells at me some more staring “I’ll just do it myself, because you can’t ever seem to figure it out. 19 year olds don’t need chore boards, but you do!” Like thanks for that. I appreciate being reminded of the fact that I am a bit slower when it comes to household things like cleaning. I love being reminded of the fact that I will never be good enough for you to treat like a human person because of my own stupidity.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2725 on: August 08, 2020, 09:42:41 AM »
Mewtwofan :hug: you're not stupid.

---

I dropped my hair tie in my tea -_-

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2726 on: August 09, 2020, 03:33:51 AM »
I am put on medication A. It has, however, been very difficult to get ahold of so instead I've been taking medication B which is kind of a reserve and pretty much the same thing, only from another company. Last week when I went to the pharmacy to pick it up I was told that medication A has been permanently put off the ordering lists in Sweden, probably because it was so hard to get anyway. Medication B is getting difficult to get as well but none knows if the supply is gonna increase or if they will stop it altogether like they did with medication A. No pharmacy had my strength in place of med B so I had to get an emergency prescription for a lower strenght which costed me around 200 sek.

My doctor has offered me to switch to medication C until we know exactly what's happening to medication B. I've tried medication C before and while it lets me sleep through the night it did nothing much for my pain and I gained a ton of weight. I had finally gotten to a dose with med B where I felt like a human being. I slept during the night, I was not as tired and I had the strength to do things. Now I have to take a lower dose to make it last for as long as possible so i can switch to med C without too much chemical hassel and I intantly started to sleep badly again (only four to five hours a night) and the pain increased.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: August 09, 2020, 12:23:41 PM »

My complaint for today...is two actually.

My parents went out to town for the first time in 4 months today, to get their prescriptions. They had a lot of things to make sure they did, and they walked in instead of getting the bus, and wore masks and used sanitiser...and then Dad apparently decided he needed to linger inside the newsagents to read the headlines while Mum bought a lottery ticket. Don't remember that on the essential list. Sigh. Trying to get them to absorb that little things matter is so tiring. Thankfully sister is here to lecture them too now but it makes me worry about them deciding bigger risk things are no big deal ><

And I was going to go into town with them - or at least part of the way - but I had to stop in and wait for a plant to be delivered. Which of course, didn't come till they got back.

Sigh.

:hug:

Sometimes living with my parents gets to me.  We are together all the time  and that leads to some minor conflicts.  Earlier my mom asked me to get the cheese for her.  We have many different types of cheese in the fridge right now.  I admit I have trouble reading people sometimes but I guess she thought I didn't want to get the cheese for her because she went to the fridge and starting going through it for the cheese.  She finally said she wanted shredded cheese.  If she had told me that at first I would have been able to get it for her.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: August 10, 2020, 07:16:24 AM »
I just went to print some notes, but the printer went ahead and installed an update instead. Then when I succeeded in printing the notes, there was an insect scuttling about on them. So was that the update? I'm not seeing how it could feasibly be useful to print live insects at home, to be honest. :blink:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2729 on: August 10, 2020, 09:28:03 AM »
I just went to print some notes, but the printer went ahead and installed an update instead. Then when I succeeded in printing the notes, there was an insect scuttling about on them. So was that the update? I'm not seeing how it could feasibly be useful to print live insects at home, to be honest. :blink:

I'm really sorry but this made me laugh out loud xD.

You have the power to bring forth a swarm O.o. Use this power well.

@Ponyfan, thanks for the solidarity :) It is stressful sometimes. Sigh.

@Mewtwofan = you are definitely not stupid.

@Beldarna - that stinks >< Is this supply issue because of Covid?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal