collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467389 times)

Offline AvianWing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2085 on: November 12, 2019, 08:34:09 PM »
How did the temperature seriously drop 30 degrees in one afternoon/evening?  :cold:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2086 on: November 12, 2019, 09:05:51 PM »
I woke up all sweaty. I hate that. I also woke up with a headache and heartburn. Not. Fun. :mad:

My eczema is flaring up too and I think I have a new spot on my scalp of all places. It's at the end of my craniotomy scar so it's extra itchy. Ugh!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2087 on: November 12, 2019, 10:16:14 PM »
It's been raining all night, so all the wonderful snow we had is now slush and ice. Gonna be fun going to work today,

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: November 13, 2019, 06:10:41 AM »
Sailor Moon Stars part 2 came out yesterday in the US. I was really excited to get it but the store that always has Sailor Moon DVDs didn't have it yesterday.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2089 on: November 13, 2019, 06:52:29 AM »
I can't find my good gloves! They're probably in the pocket of my good coat. Which I can't find either. Waah.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: November 13, 2019, 08:48:03 AM »
I woke up all sweaty. I hate that. I also woke up with a headache and heartburn. Not. Fun. :mad:

My eczema is flaring up too and I think I have a new spot on my scalp of all places. It's at the end of my craniotomy scar so it's extra itchy. Ugh!
Hope you get better soon!
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: November 13, 2019, 10:00:10 AM »
Sailor Moon Stars part 2 came out yesterday in the US. I was really excited to get it but the store that always has Sailor Moon DVDs didn't have it yesterday.

Ponyfan

I found that as well!  I don't know if they didn't get their shipment or if their employees just didn't get around to putting it out (around here that's a real issue-people expecting to be paid without actually doing anything).

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: November 13, 2019, 10:54:36 AM »

Ponyfan

I found that as well!  I don't know if they didn't get their shipment or if their employees just didn't get around to putting it out (around here that's a real issue-people expecting to be paid without actually doing anything).

I checked a different store today and they didn’t have it either but the employees were still unboxing DVDs and putting them out. Maybe something did happen with their shipment as I can’t even find it listed on Walmart.com yet.

Ponyfan

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: November 13, 2019, 03:16:05 PM »
I have recently started a new job at the Post Office and some of the customers are unbelievable! Adults walking in asking how to send a letter because they've never done it before. People putting a UK 2nd class stamp on their massive parcel that's going to Australia. I turn my back for one second and someone's taken our whole supply of passport forms. Someone thinking  stamps, envelopes and packaging are all free... No it's the Royal Mail not the NHS!! It's an eye-opener to the real stupid of society.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2094 on: November 13, 2019, 10:20:29 PM »
I have recently started a new job at the Post Office and some of the customers are unbelievable! Adults walking in asking how to send a letter because they've never done it before. People putting a UK 2nd class stamp on their massive parcel that's going to Australia. I turn my back for one second and someone's taken our whole supply of passport forms. Someone thinking  stamps, envelopes and packaging are all free... No it's the Royal Mail not the NHS!! It's an eye-opener to the real stupid of society.

Welcome to the world of Customer Service :biggrin: Also, if you haven't already been there https://notalwaysright.com/

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2095 on: November 14, 2019, 03:38:14 AM »

I once saw a guy in the post office near where my parents live, who came in to do some kind of transaction.
His card didn't work in the machine and he ended up yelling abuse at the clerk as if it was his fault.
He stormed off and so the clerk started serving me, next in the queue...

I post stuff a lot so international things I bring ready marked up and with custom forms and airmail labels which was clearly a relief to this poor guy. But in the middle of our transaction that customer turned up again. He started saying that he'd accidentally used his wife's pin or card or something and so now he could do the transaction. Came straight up to the desk while the clerk was serving me and tried to butt in.

Clerk was awesome. Told him that he'd have to go join the queue now again as he was serving and there were other people waiting.

On this occasion the clerk was the only one on duty (it's not a huge post office and not in a huge town).

The customer was an older guy...who apparently thought the PO was his personal space.

I worked for a long time in a library on the front desk and experienced a lot of this kind of thing from people, though. Sadly it's true that the person behind the counter gets a lot of garbage. I used to put out newspapers only to find them shredded into sections and tossed all over the place by the end of the day. If you can read a paper, you can put it back neatly, right? Apparently not. And the stuff people would try to get onto the computers if they had no ID...sigh.

The reality of the world is that people, in general, suck. They may be nice to the people they like, but their true nature comes out when they expect someone to provide them with a service. We live in a really entitled world where the customer thinks they are amazing and the only person in existence, thus nobody else matters. Sad observation, but unfortunately true...

And of course when they get something wrong then they get angry like it's your fault because how could it be theirs? Sigh. This is also symptomatic of the UK in general right now, tbh, but yeah. Customer service is like that. You get to see the real face of people working on the front line.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: November 14, 2019, 10:37:38 AM »
I checked a store again for Sailor Moon Stars part 2 and still can’t find it. :( I was really hoping to get a copy in time for the weekend. I even contacted Viz about not being able to find the DVD and just got a standard response of check out the webpage for retailers. The store I’m checking is listed as a retailer and they carry many Viz titles but I can’t find Sailor Moon.

Ponyfan

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: November 14, 2019, 12:06:42 PM »
we need the furnace replaced, that is gonna be a few grand.

Offline Kandykidsaturn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: November 14, 2019, 02:24:18 PM »
I got a spinal injection for my herniated disc related back and leg pain yesterday.  While that pain is gone, it triggered a horrible headache that I’ve been stuck in bed all day with.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2099 on: November 15, 2019, 06:44:05 AM »
The AC went out last night. We're in a cool front with low humidity so it wasn't bad... until it started to rain! Oh, and as soon as the rain stopped the prisoners showed up to do yard work. So not only is it humid now but my allergies are going to go crazy.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal