collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466620 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1665 on: June 15, 2019, 03:46:15 PM »
@Taffeta The funny part about the Naruto/Bleach/One Piece conflict is that they were all Shonen Jump manga/anime. You could literally enjoy all three in the same monthly publication... which is what I (and I imagine most normal people) did, back in the day. All of the venom between the fandoms is too stupid to fathom. :facepalm:
Yep.

I only followed Bleach, but I take the line that if I'm not interested in something I'm not going to waste my time going specifically to areas where fans of the two series I don't follow are in order to write that Bleach is better :P.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: June 15, 2019, 04:31:50 PM »
When I see someone call something "garbage", I honestly lose interest in whatever else they might have to say. You don't care for it, that's fine. It has flaws to point out, that's fine... But when you say something that many people love is just pure "garbage" you're not expressing your opinion in a way that is either respectful or respectable.

And yeah, take it from someone who (as an adult) got into MLP with FiM. The FiM fandom was built entirely on separating itself from the old generations, which they mocked, said were "too girly", and, of course, referred to them as that "garbage" word.  :rolleyes:

|My Collection|

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: June 18, 2019, 12:34:18 PM »
I hate having to wait a week for a new episode of something. I usually wait and hoard up eps but I've been watching the older series through so had to catch up to the end. Sigh. Meh. Impatient Taffeta is impatient.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1668 on: June 19, 2019, 02:13:10 AM »
I can't sleep again :freak:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: June 19, 2019, 04:57:45 AM »
They bulldozed the Japanese book shop.

It is probably coming back but not before I leave London.

And I had a totally wasted journey.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: June 19, 2019, 05:39:26 AM »
People who brag in spite of someone else's unfortunate situation

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: June 19, 2019, 10:45:59 AM »
Apparently I have a new landlord now, and this was dropped on me with no prior warning, literally just a text message like "the house you're living in has been bought, you need to set up a new standing order". Well, thanks for the heads up. :pout: They also sent me something about putting me on "one of [their] tenancies" so if this means signing a new contract, I may see about shortening my lease on this place. I was meant to be moving out at the beginning of next March but I've just had so much trouble with the place, I'd much rather leave sooner.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: June 19, 2019, 10:54:10 AM »
Aside the annoying thing mentioned above, TFL have it in for me with their bus stops.

So the one at Piccadilly that I have used for years is also bulldozed at present.

That's the third bus stop I use that's out of service in less than 48 hours.

I came back into London on Monday to find the central station stop gone so I had to get to another stop to catch a packed bus there instead.

The bus stop on the road opposite where I live is also closed, so I had to lug my shopping back a long way yesterday.

And now today, the bulldozed one in central London.

...So this may seem really trivial but I can't navigate and I rely on buses and bus stops. Having to find different stops or reorientate myself to a different route at short notice is NOT fun.

...Oh yeah, and there's a rail strike too.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1673 on: June 20, 2019, 12:00:11 AM »
I have to say, Taffeta, the way you describe the buses and trains in London all the time make it sound like traveling around is just a great adventure, you never know where you end up, and when. My worry is that if you brits who live there has such a problem, I can't imagine how it would be for out of towns people.. or turists :shocked:.

My complaint is that I get these weird rashes whenever I've been out. Monday me and hubby was bicycling almost 20 kilometres and when we stopped he got big eyes and snapped a picture of my face to show me, and my entire face was covered with a red rash.. it was gone by the time we got home and my face looked normal. Today i woke up with the same small rash on my forearms, around the elbow and it itches like crazy! Really annoying, especially when I don't know what triggers it..The sun? The wind? The air?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: June 20, 2019, 02:11:15 AM »
I have to say, Taffeta, the way you describe the buses and trains in London all the time make it sound like traveling around is just a great adventure, you never know where you end up, and when. My worry is that if you brits who live there has such a problem, I can't imagine how it would be for out of towns people.. or turists :shocked:.

The irony of it is that London probably has the best public transport network in the country. But it's also because I rely on them so much that when they go wrong it's a major issue for me.

Though the other day my train changed its destination mid route so...I mean, it wasn't even like it was terminating early, it just decided that it wasn't going to go to x place and went to y place instead. That actually worked out better for me, but still..who reroutes a train in the middle of its journey to a completely different destination??
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: June 20, 2019, 11:21:48 PM »

...So this may seem really trivial but I can't navigate and I rely on buses and bus stops. Having to find different stops or reorientate myself to a different route at short notice is NOT fun.

So annoying! Back in the 90s, when I lived in the East End of London, there were all sorts of disruptions (especially with the DLR, new stations being built etc) so it was a daily lottery of walk / tube / bus - or sometimes a lift in my friend's car! I  got so vexed at times that I even considered doing driving lessons there (but I observed some of the driving instructors, the poor state of their vehicles plus actually driving in unknown bits of London and I chickened-out!!)

Back home, until I passed my driving test, my main travels were on bus / taxis / bus and walking in my trainers  :lol: my college was in Henley and my friends lived in the surrounding countryside so many of their homes were not served by public transport. At least it kept me trim doing all that walking!  :lol:

Complaint:
finished my root canal yesterday, only to be told that a fine crack has appeared in the tooth and prognosis was not too good and to get a crown asap... the dentist who will do my crown is now off on holiday and not available until mid July  :cry: :cry: ugh, should've pulled out the tooth and saved on all this hassle....  -_-

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1676 on: June 21, 2019, 12:56:06 AM »

The irony of it is that London probably has the best public transport network in the country. But it's also because I rely on them so much that when they go wrong it's a major issue for me.

Though the other day my train changed its destination mid route so...I mean, it wasn't even like it was terminating early, it just decided that it wasn't going to go to x place and went to y place instead. That actually worked out better for me, but still..who reroutes a train in the middle of its journey to a completely different destination??

Oooh, another adventure! Lucky for those who had planned for the original place o.O

Earlier this year a channel showed a programme about the London underground and the people working there. I got claustrofobic just seeing all those people packed in that tiny space, and how the staff had to close the gate when the number of people reached maximum limit on the platforms. What if there had been a fire? Or somehing worse, all those people trapped like that scared the bazonkas out of me. But what surprised me the most is how early they closed. I thought in such a large city it would stay open longer.. I mean, in Stockholm, the subway close between 11 pm and 1 am on weekdays. In one episode of the show, the staff were prepared to stay open to 1 am on new years eve and that was stretching it o.O. Between that show and your posts I've learnt that if I ever come to London I should have comfortable shoes and be prepared to walk a lot.

To get back on topic, my little teenage kitten decided that my back would be the perfect scratching post while I was on the loo doing my business. Could not get away either, or catch her back there so now I have a back that looks like it's been whipped.. gonna have a shirt over my dress today to cover that up as I don't fancy getting weird looks around all the people today.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: June 21, 2019, 01:14:11 AM »
@ glitterball, that sucks :( I hope your tooth holds out.

@Beldarna - I avoid the tube if I can because buses are often better, despite all my complaining xD. Especially at rush hour - tubes are a nightmare. They also don't run all night (a lot of buses do) in part because there were a lot of strikes and protests when it was suggested. Some lines do run all night on weekends now but not all. I know the show you mean I think :) The tube is the oldest underground in the world though and some of the tunnels are victorian so I guess that explains a lot...

Where I live now there is no tube, just suburban overground, which is not the most reliable (but still more so than the trains near my parents' house, where I grew up). But yeah, the changing destination train was a bit of a novelty.

Also, naughty kitty o.o.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1678 on: June 21, 2019, 07:07:33 AM »
I'm still complaining about not sleeping. I was able to get maybe four hours before I woke up this morning. I think my meds are to blame but one of them is to help me sleep... obviously not working. It's three weeks yet til I see my psychiatrist again. Sooooo tired 😴

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: June 21, 2019, 07:18:36 AM »
I was listening to an album on my iPod. There were some glitches in iTunes when I bought the songs from the album and for some reason the computer version of iTunes lists one album as 2. I didn't think this was an issue until I noticed yesterday that one of the songs seemed out of place. iTunes placed the climax song out of order due to the error.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal