collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 463975 times)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1575 on: May 10, 2019, 12:34:47 PM »
I made a complete pig's ear of gathering some pencil pleat curtains. One of them I've sorted out, so it's pleated, it's up, it looks okay... the other one, well it's hung up but I'll have to replace the cords tomorrow. At least it's fixable. I've done plenty of hand-sewing in the past so it's no biggie, I just feel a complete berk for having messed up something as simple as that. :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1576 on: May 10, 2019, 01:55:12 PM »
Thought it too good to be true.
Looks like my university might be striking at the end of May.

To be honest they have an absolutely valid reason to strike this time and I totally support their cause.

I just worry about the nature of the strike as my uni can get scary when strikes happen. This year's SU have been reasonable for the most part, but the last two years when strikes happened violence and forcible building lockdowns also happened. And this is exam period, and students shouldn't be victimised for their final exams.

I finish my invigilating around the time this is meant to kick off but the last thing you want if you're a student - especially a final year student - is to have to sit an exam in a hostile atmosphere, or to get to uni to find the exam you expected to sit is moved or cancelled.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: May 12, 2019, 02:09:12 AM »
I made a complete pig's ear of gathering some pencil pleat curtains. One of them I've sorted out, so it's pleated, it's up, it looks okay... the other one, well it's hung up but I'll have to replace the cords tomorrow. At least it's fixable. I've done plenty of hand-sewing in the past so it's no biggie, I just feel a complete berk for having messed up something as simple as that. :/

Eeek did the strings get accidentally pulled out? Get a big upholstery needle or bodkin to feed them back through (if sewing a new tape is too much hassle).

Thought it too good to be true.
Looks like my university might be striking at the end of May.

Oh that's a worry  :(

So on Thursday I bought a bag of freshly-baked, double-choc-chip cookies to take on a play date, but we went home with the bag un-opened. Took them yesterday to a BBQ, same thing happened.

BB4 date is due today and these highly calorific, chocolatey, delicious morsels keep WINKING at me and telling me to eat them. I must be strong...
 :yummy: :angel:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: May 13, 2019, 11:10:25 AM »

Eeek did the strings get accidentally pulled out? Get a big upholstery needle or bodkin to feed them back through (if sewing a new tape is too much hassle).

Yes, that's precisely what happened but to add insult to injury, the cord ended up in a tangle so I had to cut it, then the stuff I tried replacing it with was too hefty for my needle, so I'm going to have get something a tiny bit finer or a bigger needle. It will be repaired eventually! :lol:

And my complaint for today is that while trying to be well-behaved, I successfully resisted the urge to buy some creamy wafer biscuits on the way home from work, but now I've had some nice fresh coffee, I really have a hankering for some of those biscuits and there are none in the house.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: May 14, 2019, 07:10:14 AM »
The next time my parents go on vacation one of my brothers is watching their dog.  He has decided that letting me sleep in past 4 AM is unacceptable because he wants to go outside.  So this morning I put him out and left him out.  When I left for work he wanted to go in but I made him stay outside.  I told him that since he wanted out he could stay out.  He would have had to stay out all day anyway while I was at work but I think if I make him stay outside until I'm ready to go to bed he'll get the point (he really is a smart dog, he's just spoiled rotten by my parents).  And if not, he'll start getting locked in the office at night and he can stay there until I get up for work. :zzz:

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: May 14, 2019, 09:37:21 AM »
The whole "influencers" thing... I must be getting old, because I don't understand any of it. The word alone...  Why on earth would you be influenced by someone who calls him-/herself an "influencer"? Wouldn't that give you the feeling that you're being had? You don't have a mind of your own? :brow: And why would you want to become one? Are you really so full of yourself that you actually expect people to be influenced by you? :nuts:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm getting old. I don't belong in this crazy age. :lookround:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: May 14, 2019, 10:21:14 AM »
The whole "influencers" thing... I must be getting old, because I don't understand any of it. The word alone...  Why on earth would you be influenced by someone who calls him-/herself an "influencer"? Wouldn't that give you the feeling that you're being had? You don't have a mind of your own? :brow: And why would you want to become one? Are you really so full of yourself that you actually expect people to be influenced by you? :nuts:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm getting old. I don't belong in this crazy age. :lookround:

I agree...maybe I'm old too...don't understand and have never understood peer pressure in any of its forms anyway.

Took me till almost 4pm to get home today (finished invigilating at 1pm, it's usually a 20 min bus trip and then 30 mins by train home). I did take a detour into the city but the biggest issue was that all the trains were out thanks to an incident on the line on my route. So I had to get a train to a different station and then a bus. Thankfully it's a nice day and I know bus routes from about six different stations home in case of such emergencies, but I hadn't had lunch and was pretty hungry by the time I finally got back (last thing I'd eaten had been breakfast at 7am..)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: May 14, 2019, 11:46:16 AM »
I finally have pony money to spend and can't find the pony I want to buy anywhere

Online Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1583 on: May 14, 2019, 10:26:15 PM »
Yesterday before he left work, my manager told me I was gonna be on my own the whole day today as my coworker was gonna be in a meeting and come in just as my shift ends. He did offer to bring his kids and come in and cover an hour for lunch, but it seemed like a lot of hassle to bring two young kids to a mall, especially a toddler, for one hour so I told him it wasn't necessary. But I wish he could have told me before my break so I could have bought a sallad or something to eat by the register. Now I have to rely on bananas and proteing bars as I already had them in the breakroom.

..and my doctor banned me from chewing gums :sneaky:.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: May 15, 2019, 06:30:27 AM »
Should be reading through my thesis copy but I am so sick of it by now I really don't want to. I haven't really got that much rework to do on it now but I just. Can't. I have technically till August to do this, but I want to do it much sooner if I can. Just totally lacking in motivation right now...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: May 15, 2019, 10:42:34 AM »
There was an impromptu show at work today and I missed it because my work bench faces the back of the factory. I heard a fwoosh! and a load of laughing followed by some shouting, then "Get a mop and bucket!!!" We've been working on some new high-pressure pumps, and of course the second it was hooked up to the test rig and given its maiden voyage, one of the hoses immediately leapt free of the tank and a huge plume of water shot clean over to the other side of the factory! So I didn't get to see the display, but I did get to clean up the aftermath. It quite literally adds insult to injury, seeing as I bent my wrist backwards while sawing rails earlier in the day. I could've done with a bit of light entertainment. :pout:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: May 15, 2019, 11:16:26 AM »
Walmart's bags have gotten so flimsy that I had to triple bag something that shouldn't have even needed to be double bagged.  The bag with my box of cereal ripped.  How is making me use 12-20 bags per trip better/cheaper than letting me use 4 quality bags that I can reuse for bathroom trash later?  These new ones are so flimsy that I don't even dare reuse them for the bathroom.  The entire reason I don't use fabric bags when I go to stores like Walmart is so I can reuse the plastic bags as garbage bags for the bathroom because they fit so well in that little can.  I guess I'll have to start buying them for the bathroom like the ones for the kitchen. :mad:

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: May 15, 2019, 02:07:18 PM »
So, I took my kid to swimming lessons after school today.

As we walked into the main pool area, everyone was walking out, towards us.

Turned out all lessons were cancelled... because...

...some kid had just pooped in the pool  :X :shakefist:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: May 15, 2019, 02:10:58 PM »
So, I took my kid to swimming lessons after school today.

As we walked into the main pool area, everyone was walking out, towards us.

Turned out all lessons were cancelled... because...

...some kid had just pooped in the pool  :X :shakefist:

Ew. That's just...ew. At least your kid didn't get in the water before that happened...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: May 18, 2019, 12:40:38 PM »
Not safe for work/dark/trigger warning?

Sorry to be so disturbing but I fear I am an undiagnosed schizophrenic who had a psychosis and the healthcare system doesnt
 seem to care if I exist or not. Sorry im just tired of getting diagnoses. This will be number 6.

Also I want cake. But I dont have any.
Lover of Windwhistler

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal