collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 465602 times)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1515 on: April 15, 2019, 11:16:38 AM »
Yahoo mail is playing up. I don’t know if my emails are going through to people.

If you emailed me back, I didn't get it :)

I emailed you back so you didn’t get it try to send it to my gmail I send you  a message on you user page.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 11:32:54 AM by bright rabbit 1 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 16, 2019, 07:07:48 AM »
I had to call the 1-800 number of a major website yesterday because a problem occurred when I tried to place an order. I realize that being a Customer Service rep is sometimes a thankless job and they sometimes have to deal with angry customers.

I was polite but told the person that I didn't want to place another order at the time. After that the rep's attitude changed and he kept repeating over and over "end the call. end the call, please end the call" for at least 5 minutes.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 16, 2019, 09:19:04 AM »
Yahoo mail is playing up. I don’t know if my emails are going through to people.

If you emailed me back, I didn't get it :)

Same-I sent you the photos of the G1s you asked for

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1518 on: April 16, 2019, 11:12:55 AM »
My copy of Black & White for Mac stopped working. I don't know what the problem is, but it's with the disc itself. It starts out like it's going to run then it stops spinning, then starts up again then abruptly stops. It keeps doing that; starting, stopping. It shows up as a blank disk in both drives I have. There are no scratches or anything I can see. I tried cleaning it. Nothing :(

I'm so bummed out because it's one of my all time favorite games. I've been playing it regularly for, pfffft, nearly 20 years! I have the PC version and will try to make it work with Win 10. The Mac version was updated (at the time) with bug fixes and it actually has much better graphics than the PC release so it's still a bummer.

Man, I love that game! :sad:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 16, 2019, 11:15:03 AM »
I'm confused. I moved into this house about 6 weeks ago and found a disused recycling bin in the shared yard out back, therefore assumed that was meant to be my recycling bin. as all the other houses using this yard are occupied. I got rid of a load of garbage a previous tenant had left in there, poured out a load of water that had gathered in it, cleaned it and repaired the lid so no more water would get in, and went on using that bin for my recycling. Coming home from work today, I see a recycling bin out in the street with the number for my house on it, among a bunch of other bins... never seen it before. So I've been using the wrong bin this entire time, but noone's piped up about it and I'm not entirely confident in going out to see if the one with my house number on it is being used by somebody else, or if it's just been left there. :|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: April 16, 2019, 09:25:26 PM »
When the part-timers at work complain about their schedules (especially after the director has gone out of her way to accommodate their schedules so they'll stop complaining--at the expense of the full-timer's schedules, I might add) it makes me want to stuff their work boxes with applications for places like McDonald's and Walmart so they can find a job someplace else so that I don't have to listen to them.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1521 on: April 16, 2019, 11:08:57 PM »
I got an e-reader for my birthday back in february and since then I sign in to the online library and borrow e-books that I download to the computer and move to my reader. Easy peasy? No. At first I was bummed about only being able to borrow one book a week. As a fast reader it bugs me but ok. But now, I haven't been able to borrow even one for the past three weeks as the library itself has used up their quota for online lending. None is able to borrow any e-books at all. Like, its not even physical copies, how on earth can there be a restriction of how many e-books a library are allowed to lend? I want to read!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1522 on: April 17, 2019, 08:20:04 AM »
People in London currently who think that by encouraging lots of people to travel into the city (carbon footprint), clogging up traffic (increasing emissions), and tweeting about it on electric devices made in industrial factories running on fossil fueled electric power is going to save the environment.

Not to mention I am worried about the rubbish they're tipping and painting all over the road. London may be a city but it has a thriving urban ecosystem of birds, small animals and foxes.

Of course, I also resent the fact that this is happening in London, victimising Londoners (and it's going to mess with my exams too)...with an apparent intention to get the government's attention at a time when the government are at recess so NOBODY IS THERE TO LISTEN.

So yeah.

I care about saving the environment. I care a lot about this. I recycle, I turn stuff off, I use energy saving stuff, I am absolutely passionate about planting green stuff rather than concreting over everything. And it does concern me where the world is going in the long term.

But I can think of better ways to do it than polluting London and putting the safety of people at risk by blocking access to ambulances and using up all the already stretched police resources.

At the very least lobby parliament when its in session, or even better, lobby the local MPs in their constituencies. All they're doing right now is annoying Londoners, which is admittedly not hard to do, but ultimately isn't going to save the polar ice caps.

Ironically London is probably making more attempts to help reduce pollution than a lot of other parts of the UK - except right now that's hopeless because the air quality in those traffic jams is probably toxic.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: April 17, 2019, 09:51:37 PM »
I got an e-reader for my birthday back in february and since then I sign in to the online library and borrow e-books that I download to the computer and move to my reader. Easy peasy? No. At first I was bummed about only being able to borrow one book a week. As a fast reader it bugs me but ok. But now, I haven't been able to borrow even one for the past three weeks as the library itself has used up their quota for online lending. None is able to borrow any e-books at all. Like, its not even physical copies, how on earth can there be a restriction of how many e-books a library are allowed to lend? I want to read!

I can actually sort of answer that!  I work in a library and I know for our ebooks we have to pay for so many copies to "check out" to ereaders through the company that provides the digital books.  So even though it's a digital copy, we can only have two copies of (for example) Alice in Wonderland checked out at a time, so if a third patron wants it, they have to put themselves on the wait list for it.  Depending on the contract your library has, it will determine how the check-outs work.  It sounds like your library paid for X number of books and they need to renew their subscription.  My mom has Amazon Prime and I think she gets to download a free book every month but you might see if they offer check outs as well. 

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 17, 2019, 10:57:37 PM »

I can actually sort of answer that!  I work in a library and I know for our ebooks we have to pay for so many copies to "check out" to ereaders through the company that provides the digital books.  So even though it's a digital copy, we can only have two copies of (for example) Alice in Wonderland checked out at a time, so if a third patron wants it, they have to put themselves on the wait list for it.  Depending on the contract your library has, it will determine how the check-outs work.  It sounds like your library paid for X number of books and they need to renew their subscription.  My mom has Amazon Prime and I think she gets to download a free book every month but you might see if they offer check outs as well. 

Thank you. It's understandable when you get the reason as to why :). I wish there was another system though, I hardly get myself to the library to borrow physical copies as it is located downtown and I rarely go there.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: April 18, 2019, 01:58:36 PM »
The Cranberries webshop just got my hopes up for nothing. :hmm: I pre-ordered the new album immediately when I could, and I've been checking my order status daily. Today it suddenly said "complete", so I already started bouncing! Until I noticed the details...

"This item was sent out on the 25th April."

DUDE.

First of all it's only the 18th, you guys are sending me stuff from the future? And second, they said it would be shipped in time for the release date. Yeah thanks, there's no way it's going to be here on the 26th. It would be sweet if they shipped international orders a liiitle earlier... I know this is awfully nitpicky, but this is not a regular album. I really want it here with me on the release date...

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: April 18, 2019, 11:19:53 PM »
I only work six hours today and then I'm off for some Easterdays off. Downside is four of those hours are alone with a guy I can't stand. I'm hoping for lots of people wanting to shop today so we'll have plenty to do and not have to be in each others faces.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 19, 2019, 04:47:04 AM »
I busted out the vinegar out to get some serious cleaning done, it went over and I got said vinegar right in a load of cuts and scrapes on my hand. Well, that stung!!! :whoa:

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 19, 2019, 09:17:06 AM »
Just about to have a shower when I heard a low buzzing... A drowsy queen wasp crawling on my shower curtain... I HATE wasps. Made a fast retreat and brought forth the Raid insect spray. Locked the room for 20 minutes and found the wasp in its final throes. It was disposed of but I felt spooked out having my shower afterwards!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 20, 2019, 05:52:55 AM »
-_- Amazon just really bothers me sometimes.

I bought a few games there, because they were pretty decently prices (let's just cross my fingers they weren't a good price because they are fake). And I picked free shipping since my order was above the threshold.

Anywhere else, would have an item shipped out within ~2-3 days. That's obviously not how amazon logistics works. It takes 6 days to actually pack my order-- and THEN, kicker, shipping will occur within 1 day and my package will arrive *Sunday*.

That makes me feel rotten to get a package on a stinking sunday AND holiday.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal