collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 465640 times)

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1350 on: January 18, 2019, 01:44:25 AM »
I'm getting a bit annoyed with politicians as well. First the prime minister urges Norwegian women to have more babies, to make sure the next generation is big enough to fill the available jobs. At the same time, the people in charge don't want Norway to accept as many immigrants as other European countries, because we don't have enough available jobs for them. Something doesn't add up here :wonder:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1351 on: January 18, 2019, 06:40:08 AM »
I would also like to complain about the government. Social Security is promising to stay open during this dumb shutdown. The courts have enough to stay operating until the 25th (they estimate). My Social Security Disability hearing is Feb 4th in a regular courthouse. Sooo... if this lasts until then, do I still go? Does it fall on the SS side or the Judiciary side?

I've been on the phone trying to get to a person at SS since they opened this morning but it's not going through :huh:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1352 on: January 18, 2019, 01:56:56 PM »
It feels like we need a Complaints: Politics edition thread. Except of course the mods probably would not like that because it would almost certainly explode.

@BlackCurtains - I have had ongoing trauma with disability related stuff like that over here, largely because in my case the dept in question decided that they could deny my claim if they just acted like I didn't have any evidence. I hope yours doesn't get too messed about by the shutdown :/

Also it seems like what's going on over there with people not being paid is a bit...scary. O.o.

I think a lot of govts at the moment really are not in touch with real people. I'm starting to wonder if ours is populated by real people, or droids. I'm also debating whether Brexit would be better off decided by primary school kids. It might mean bigger candy imports, but I am fairly sure they'd do a better job of being decisive.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: January 18, 2019, 03:15:43 PM »
I don't like it when people talk about politics :(
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #1354 on: January 18, 2019, 06:45:09 PM »
You are welcome to start a thread like that, but it would need to be in WYP (not fitting for the Off Topic forum), and it would be closely monitored to make sure it was just general venting and no member attacking.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1355 on: January 18, 2019, 10:35:26 PM »
As of yesterday I have a government to complain about. And the racist party is not part of it! :biggrin: The compilation is weird and I'm not sure how it will hold but it's still the best of the two options. It only took four months and two partys to leave a strong alliance and join the good side.

Complaint of the day: It's easier to walk than to bike in the cold. Meaning I have to be out for a longer period of time to go to work but at least it wont taste like blood in my mouth.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1356 on: January 18, 2019, 11:47:24 PM »
Thinking too much of final thesis submission logistics, ended up working on revisions from about 4 till now which is almost 8am UK time.

The Doctoral School (who I have mentioned before, I hate) have still not got back to me about help with submission logistics (because I have issues with logistics and the instructions are far from clear enough for me to follow on my own). I went to see them on the 8th and was told I would hear from them soon about an appointment to do this.

It is now 19th and no contact, despite my sending them a follow up message.

I have explained to them why I have a tight schedule (examiner going on study leave in April) and that I need help to do this else I won't submit on time. And yet, nothing.

I hate the Doctoral School. Right now it is the biggest obstacle to me submitting on time.

Ironically.

Technically I have until September to submit, but if I do that it will have to be a different examiner and new forms and new arrangements. And so more logistics with the DS. Sigh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: January 19, 2019, 10:03:38 AM »
:( I just broke our only sled in the middle of the snow storm.

AND the layers of snow are so crummy I can't seem to be able to make a decent snow ball. (2 inches of wet snow on the bottom, half an inch of hard crusty snow, and now 3 inches of fluffy snow).

I guess all I can do is make snow angels.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: January 19, 2019, 10:17:28 AM »
Super trivial, but yesterday I saw that they had Sylvanian Families at the toy store, I had no idea they even still made them! I'm so in love... But those prices! :crazy: I can't believe how expensive they are. Of course they are super nicely made, so it's totally worth it, but I don't have that kind of money. When I have a little extra I will get something, but with those prices it's never gonna be a collection. :(

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1359 on: January 19, 2019, 11:40:30 AM »
I hate that there is no public transportation in this crummy place :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: January 19, 2019, 01:38:25 PM »
I was asked to do some soup in the microwave earlier, because I share a house with a lazy specimen who couldn't be bothered to do it himself, basically. I really can't do soup. Even if it's not me who's eating it, it just grosses me out. Doesn't help that lazybones wanted me to do cock-a-leekie, which is just the pukiest consistency I have ever encountered in something that is ostensibly food. Blechh!  >_<

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: January 19, 2019, 02:11:24 PM »
I can’t do soup either.

I’ve got wind terrible, and my tummy hurts.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 19, 2019, 02:23:41 PM »
All we can manage for snow "storms" where I live anymore is a trace. This is so depressing.

|My Collection|

Offline Loreofyore

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 19, 2019, 03:08:29 PM »
You are welcome to start a thread like that, but it would need to be in WYP (not fitting for the Off Topic forum), and it would be closely monitored to make sure it was just general venting and no member attacking.

With all respect, it may not be trivial what people had been discussing but due to the way the forum works not everyone can post to WYP either.

Warning to skip it if you want:
We meanwhile have many members who have daily life problems created by trivial politicians not themselves that aren't so trivial for forum members when we examine them. Meanwhile the mods risk non-minorities making it seem better than it is by telling us all to post about in the trivial so long as we can just keep it light because some cant WYP anyway. UMM everypony, those border/trade-wars lately are much more dire for many forum members than the access to a nirvana pony. The good news sounds like bad news and the bad news I can’t properly inform nor does the arena feel the place.

The good news (at least in the US):
If there is a delay in new benefits I know that usually there is sometimes financial help before approval depending on the situation: https://www.ssa.gov/ssi/text-expedite-ussi.htm can’t hurt to ask. Those who’s USA disability Social Security benefits had been approved can in all likelihood continue to receive some partial amount while homeless https://www.ssa.gov/ssi/spotlights/spot-homeless.htm until at least Sept. even without housing as SSA luckily was funded through Sept. before the shutdown occurred from what I have heard https://www.kiplinger.com/article/retirement/T051-C000-S003-government-shutdown-delay-social-security-benefits.html .
Even if no one fixes mysteriously poorly prepared HUD https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/house-democrats-investigate-hud-s-failure-act-shutdown-threatens-affordable-n956521
and we start receiving our eviction notices we should have a roof over our heads until at least March or April as we have to legally get 30 days https://realestate.findlaw.com/landlord-tenant-law/rules-for-landlords-and-property-managers-when-evicting-a-tenant.html which gets us through winter in most parts but FYI saving for an emergency ticket south if winters are harsh http://dignityrollerpod.blogspot.com/p/how-to-build-your-own.html may be worth the cost of late fines later over some of your bills. (Don't judge yourselves.)

The censored bad news:
If you are a disabled American (I am one and also rely on HUD housing) who knows much about the hate that is still out here the wall ought scare you more than homelessness (yes I've also been homeless). The first budget war of their indifference at best was about the expense of our healthcare citizens included… (many not able to avoid stressing over that one who have more distaste for politics than those who avoided the topic at the time will ever be able to comprehend) I’m seeing historical intersections. I would rather think of unicorns only but know that light political discussions are a luxury to the few whom complain about those who cannot afford the luxury along with them. What are we to do? I am in solidarity with every forum member regardless of your documentation. Just don't PM me about stuff you should keep private because I DO think more than the Mods monitor folk online esp. around people who care like me.
Peace and eventual prosperity all. I'd rather everyone feel safe here whether your daily lives have been 'politicized' without your sayso... or you happen to still live in the happy bliss of the ignorant and well.
Otherwise, again thank you Mods for getting us back on ponies. I do need some rainbow in my sky.  :rainbow:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 19, 2019, 04:40:13 PM »
I can't upload pictures in BMP format onto DeviantArt-even though I used to be able to.  I'm not sure when they changed that.  I have to re-save them as PNGs in order to upload them.  It's just annoying that i have to do that extra step.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal