collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466577 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1335 on: January 13, 2019, 11:15:23 PM »
Fire alarm went off at 4.30 this morning. Students burning toast. Apparently. Who cooks toast at 4.30 am on a Monday? I mean, seriously?

Fire engines and everything. Sigh.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: January 14, 2019, 03:19:58 AM »
*sigh* I've just had to block someone on Instagram because they don't know when to back the *heck* up. I mean I wouldn't mind receiving a few messages from them if we'd actually communicated before, but this person just came out of nowhere and it's messages, message, endless flaming messages! Not to mention mithering me in comments because I hadn't responded to one of their DMs just... stop. I don't want to seem standoffish or unpleasant, I do genuinely want to connect and communicate with people even if it does often fry my nerves, but I can't be fielding whatever kind of problem it is that causes this kind of incessant mithering from total strangers. It didn't really help that another person in the same day DMed me after I'd liked one of their posts, asking me to comment as well. I would've commented if I'd had something to say, yeesh. :pout:
It bugs me a lot when stuff like this happens because I really enjoy seeing other people's pictures and sharing my own, but when stuff like this happens it just kind of knocks the shine off a bit. Hmmph.

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1337 on: January 14, 2019, 06:57:01 AM »
I've been ill since yesterday. I'm having a hard time sleeping, I just feel terrible. I was about to doze off when the prisoners showed up for maintenance on the road out back. Lawnmowers, weeders, leaf blowers and guards barking orders over it all.

Plus, the cut grass is going to make my allergies flare up. I closed my window but it's too late.

I just want some sleep :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 14, 2019, 09:21:49 AM »
I have been getting telemarketing calls constantly for the last few days. It's same 2 or 3 numbers. They hang up and call back 5 minutes later. This can last for several hours a day.

Ponyfan

I've gotten these a lot lately, too.  I ignore the call unless I recognize the number and they keep using different numbers from different states.  They're spoofing them and someone texted me to tell me that they'd gotten missed calls from me that I didn't make (and I told them that I thought my number was being spoofed and to ignore them) so I don't think anyone's number is safe.  I think they're calling initially to see when you are likely to answer.  I have found that if I ignore them and don't answer, they don't call as often because they're getting the hint that I'm not going to answer.  If you're in the states, report them to the Do Not Call Registry (donotcall.gov) if you are registered because they're not supposed to be calling you.  It's illegal once you're registered on that list.  And if you're not on it, go ahead and register for it.  It's free and you only have to sign up once and you're on the list for life. 

They are calling up to 7 times a day 15-20 minutes apart. My numbers are on the Do Not Call List so I’m not sure how they getting around it.

I would definitely report them.  Then they'll get in trouble.  I've found that when I report them the calls stop within a day or two.

Today's trivial complaint...I have ice cream in the freezer at work and I don't feel like eating it.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: January 14, 2019, 11:31:49 AM »
I just learned that my online French II course is a fast track course that starts in March. Yikes. Language classes are something I'm already so antsy about taking online, but being a fast track course, too?

There were no other options for online French II, now I may have to strongly reconsider taking the Tuesday/Thursday in person class, but that would stress me out.

Why aren't there any other options for online courses? I thought there would be a full semester online French II just like French I and that would keep things simple, but for some reason there isn't. Very strange. *sigh*

|My Collection|

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: January 15, 2019, 08:33:03 AM »
I have to get up at 5am for work tomorrow.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: January 15, 2019, 04:39:54 PM »
I guess this isn't trivial, and I don't know, yet, if it is a complaint or not. But I think our government may be about to implode...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1342 on: January 15, 2019, 10:28:42 PM »
I guess this isn't trivial, and I don't know, yet, if it is a complaint or not. But I think our government may be about to implode...

I saw a bit of the debate before the vote on the news and wow are your politics loud, obnoxious and full of bad words. I could hardly keep up. Watching my own politics debate is like watching a boring documentary about a slug race in comparison.

I wish I could have a government to complain about. The election was in september and they still don't agree. We get to know today if we get a new government or a new election.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 16, 2019, 03:19:29 AM »

I saw a bit of the debate before the vote on the news and wow are your politics loud, obnoxious and full of bad words. I could hardly keep up. Watching my own politics debate is like watching a boring documentary about a slug race in comparison

Considering what's at stake, I'd take the slug race. In any event, I believe there are some rules in our parliament which means that the MPs can be very direct and even insulting to each other providing they follow the etiquette of referring to each other as right honourable friend...

This is probably the most heatedly debated issue of my lifetime, certainly the most heatedly debated issue in UK parliament of the 21st century. The problem is that the UK don't really do referendums a lot, and the first referendum only asked "remain" or "leave" without any follow up research into what form people wanted to leave. So now parliament is split into so many factions - remain, another referendum, a Norway type deal, no deal, the deal from the EU...

It's also made more complicated by legal obligations to Northern Ireland which in the case of no deal could revert us back to the way things were before the Good Friday agreement. And since the pro EU nationalist MPs for NI don't bother to come to parliament because they don't want to swear an oath to the Queen, it means that only one set of NI MP voices are heard - those who care passionately about staying in the UK and who won't tolerate any form of even temporary alignment with the EU if the rest of the UK is not so aligned.

So there are so many divergent views. It didn't surprise me the deal got rejected, but its not as though the people who rejected it agree on what should be done next...

Sigh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: January 16, 2019, 08:24:39 AM »
It snowed last night.  That isn't an issue, except that they didn't plow so I couldn't make it in to work this morning.  I tried, but after a few miles going ridiculously slow over roads covered in slush over ice, I decided it wasn't worth it.  And it's supposed to get warm enough to rain tomorrow and then turn into snow at night.  So Friday will basically be snow over LOTS of ice...

And now I feel a little guilty for not going in because even though it is still snowing, the traffic cams in town are showing fairly clear roads but the traffic cam on the highway between my house and town hasn't updated in over half an hour so I don't know if the roads are clear enough to try to go in but I think I could make it.  So now I'm torn between just taking the whole day or attempting to go in even though there's no really pressing reason to go in.  Sometimes liking my job is a pain.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:11:54 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #1345 on: January 16, 2019, 03:38:26 PM »
Someone called 5 minutes before the end of the... half hour phone call later I finally get to head home. *collapses*

I got home, threw the pizza in the oven, made a hot chocolate, wrapped up in my fuzzy housecoat, put on the tv, and have vowed not to move for the rest of the night.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: January 17, 2019, 10:36:27 AM »
Crap. The stuff in our rickety shed is soaked.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #1347 on: January 17, 2019, 11:35:18 AM »
They're forecasting that we're about to get a foot of snow and jump from 0 degrees to minus 30. Guess I'd better get ready to be a potential guest on Arthritis Bingo. Ouch!

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: January 17, 2019, 12:09:30 PM »
We might get over a foot of snow in my sate, and the wind chill monday will be below zero, guess who works the weekend, then is off Monday.

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: January 17, 2019, 07:11:18 PM »
My allergies have been triggered from the mold -__-

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal