collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466916 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1170 on: November 06, 2018, 11:08:48 PM »
I have absolutely NO motivation for Nanowrimo this year.  I'm supposed to be over 11,000 words as of today and I've got 928.  Ugh.  I don't think it's going to happen. :drunk:

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #1171 on: November 07, 2018, 12:20:36 AM »
Ugh....I have a Ehlers Danlos Syndrome flare up......
I feel like I did a round of Medieavel Torture Devices....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 07, 2018, 10:32:42 AM »
I keep getting robocalls about someone filing a claim against me.  This morning, because I blocked the number, they spoofed the T-Mobile voicemail number (which is totally weird) to get past the block.  Seriously people, I haven't answered you or responded to your voicemails for a week. And I've reported them to the Do Not Call registry for it. GIVE IT UP!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 07, 2018, 11:17:13 AM »
I was involved in a flipping bus crash this morning. Thankfully, nobody was hurt but it was pretty scary - another bus backed into ours as it was pulling out and the window shattered right next to me. -_- The thing is, I think it's actually one driver who has this habit of pulling out as the other buses are moving, because I remember a couple times previously seeing the Selwyns bus pull out as my usual Arriva one was going out and thinking "This idiot's going to hit us if he's not careful", well, if it is that same person, he's finally succeeded. Well done! :pout:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1174 on: November 07, 2018, 03:57:31 PM »
O.o scary. I have been on buses with near misses (especially in London) but never in one that actually crashed.

The local bus station where my parents live recently upgraded (by which I mean moved to a new further away location with great open spaces for drafts to get in). They also recently took down the signage at each stand that said what time each bus went and which stand it went from in favour of screens.

But the screens, while looking shiny and new, don't register the actual arrival time of buses, only when they are due and where (so if a bus is late or at the wrong stand, there's no indication). And there's no clock in the bus station now anyway...sigh.

I've never been able to do Nanowrimo. When I had time to write stuff,  I could average about 120k words a month, but right now with the PhD and everything if I manage a few thousand of fanfiction in between academic stuff it's a miracle... I think real life is the enemy of Nanowrimo.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: November 07, 2018, 04:30:04 PM »
That's so scary! My story is bus related, bus stop related. So the doctor's office moved to a new location, not far from its original location (less than a mile). Thing is, it moved to from a location that was close to two major bus stops. In a sizeable strip mall. To an industrial complex with no bus stops near it, none. The closest ones are the same ones but now it's a 15 min walk. Crossing over a freeway overpass (there is a sidewalk) with no traffic lights between the ramps. Just "yield to pedestrian" crossing signs, anyone see a problem?

Generally, you go to the doctor cause you don't feel good, even feeling fine I'd be reluctant to tackle the route and I walk nearly everywhere I go. I rescheduled because I forgot they moved and didn't feel like tackling the walk with a hurt toe. Cause you know, walking.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Luxrayx

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 09, 2018, 05:01:12 AM »
I wanted to buy some mlp or animal stickers for the card swap, but every store I visited had already replaced them with generic Christmas ones. I wish they'd at least wait until December >_<

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: November 09, 2018, 08:55:06 AM »
Yet again I made plans and other people changed them.  How am I supposed to get MY work done if I'm constantly covering for other people????

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 13, 2018, 03:40:23 PM »
University hall internet.

Need I say more.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1179 on: November 13, 2018, 10:25:57 PM »
My orbituary will say: worked to death.. No, but seriously, christmastime is busy in retail and I know the need to put in extra hours for everyone but come on! I only have five days off between 1-24th december and my workdays will extend several hours on top of that. I will work three weekends in a row AND! I am scheduled to work on christmaseve, which in Sweden is the day we celebrate -_-.

I don't have a car, by the time I get off all the buses will have stopped going because Holliday so no possibility to get to my family even if a bit late.. At home my husband will be a sleep and get up by five or six pm only to get to his work at 7 pm.. So basically I'll be working and then sit home alone on christmas, the only Holliday in the world I truly love to celibrate.. I'm honestly crying over this :cry:.

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 14, 2018, 12:30:30 AM »
I really hate to say it but college has really been getting me down lately. My anxiety isn't allowing me to sleep well and I'm dreading going for other various reasons too.

Luckily I gained the courage to tell my mother and we're seeing the doctor about going back on medication and she's going to have a talk with the college with the other matters.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1181 on: November 14, 2018, 06:54:07 AM »
Hugs for Sundance. I can't wait for this semester to be over, I'm doing extremely poorly with my Statistics class.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 14, 2018, 07:06:38 AM »
My orbituary will say: worked to death.. No, but seriously, christmastime is busy in retail and I know the need to put in extra hours for everyone but come on! I only have five days off between 1-24th december and my workdays will extend several hours on top of that. I will work three weekends in a row AND! I am scheduled to work on christmaseve, which in Sweden is the day we celebrate -_-.

I don't have a car, by the time I get off all the buses will have stopped going because Holliday so no possibility to get to my family even if a bit late.. At home my husband will be a sleep and get up by five or six pm only to get to his work at 7 pm.. So basically I'll be working and then sit home alone on christmas, the only Holliday in the world I truly love to celibrate.. I'm honestly crying over this :cry:.

That's such a bummer!  I really hate that retailers are open on Christmas and Thanksgiving.  Those are supposed to be family holidays.

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 14, 2018, 08:19:47 AM »
Hugs for Sundance. I can't wait for this semester to be over, I'm doing extremely poorly with my Statistics class.

Thank you and hugs back! :hug:
I've got a face to face meeting with my lecturer tomorrow about everything and I'm not looking forward to that :/
Sorry to hear you statistics class isn't going well :( You've tried your best and that's all you can do :hug:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 14, 2018, 08:35:11 AM »

Thank you and hugs back! :hug:
I've got a face to face meeting with my lecturer tomorrow about everything and I'm not looking forward to that :/
Sorry to hear you statistics class isn't going well :( You've tried your best and that's all you can do :hug:

I said this to one or two of my students as well, but your health is the most important thing and you are right to take it seriously. Hang on in there. It's not long till Christmas. Also I think you should address with the school the issues you mentioned before about not being properly informed about what you need to do, as that may help in the long run with the stress.

@Beldarna - that's horrible :( Time to find a new job..?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal