collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466028 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1125 on: October 15, 2018, 11:01:40 AM »
There was no 1% milk at the dollar store, so I had to get skim this time.  Also our wallmart is already putting up Christmas stuff IT IS NOT EVEN HALLOWEEN YET!   :pout: :pout: :enraged:

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 15, 2018, 11:54:23 AM »
There was no 1% milk at the dollar store, so I had to get skim this time.  Also our wallmart is already putting up Christmas stuff IT IS NOT EVEN HALLOWEEN YET!   :pout: :pout: :enraged:

Lol our Walmart has had Christmas stuff up for quite some time. I see people buying some of it on occasion, too. I suppose I can follow their logic, if you want the best stuff you've got to get it now. It was in October that I got some pink Christmas lights that I really love. They are always gone long before Christmas time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline Cactusflower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 15, 2018, 07:24:21 PM »
I have to eat the whole strawberry shortcake myself, because I live alone.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1128 on: October 16, 2018, 04:01:01 AM »

Lol our Walmart has had Christmas stuff up for quite some time. I see people buying some of it on occasion, too. I suppose I can follow their logic, if you want the best stuff you've got to get it now. It was in October that I got some pink Christmas lights that I really love. They are always gone long before Christmas time.

John Lewis have a whole floor display for Christmas stuff in Oxford Street.

Here it tends to be Hallowe'en - Fireworks - Christmas, but sometimes they all blur together. I wish they wouldn't sell fireworks to private individuals, I wish it was just big proper displays because people always do stupid things and get hurt...but anyway. (For anyone not familiar, UK celebrate Guy Fawkes on/around Nov 5th).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1129 on: October 16, 2018, 10:30:37 PM »

The store I work in is focusing on Halloween as we lean towards the younger generations and it's just gets bigger and bigger over here so we're crazy about Halloweendecorations. The store opposite mine to the left also have Halloweendisplays as well as a huge advent calendar for christmas next to the pumpkins and skeletons while the store opposite me to the right has christmas decorations and only that which I think is way too early.. and then we have the stores that display candles and stuff for All Saints Day which is the old Holliday which was huge before Halloween walked in and crushed it between the toes. But even there some tidbits of christmas decor is up. Anyway, walking around the mall is confusing me, and I work retail!

I read a comment somewhere about poor people being able to buy christmas decor easier if it's out earlier. I didn't really follow that logic though, if you can buy a five dollar decoration in october what is keeping you from saving those five dollars or a couple of cents/a dollar a week to have the money in december? When my economy was strained I went ballistic after the Holliday and bought items on clearance. But to each their own.

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 17, 2018, 01:30:06 AM »
I am living in the land of coughs and colds. My girlfriend is in her sixth week of on-and-off sinusitis and going to see the doctor about it today. Even our cat has a cold, poor little chap (his sneezes are surprisingly cute, though). I just want all my loved ones to be healthy again!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 17, 2018, 06:44:30 AM »
I do love British trains. Not...;)

Yesterday coming back from campus (after a long day) my train home was cancelled. Fortunately I know that there's a bus from the next station up that goes direct to my front door, so I had a strategy, but it was annoying and I got home later. Better than the people on the station where I got off the train, though, they were basically stranded by the cancellation.

My rail service is also having some more strikes. Yay.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 20, 2018, 08:44:44 AM »
Ugh, I wish my college would stop taking the class work down from Moodle on their website, I can't finish my assignments without some of the PowerPoints and I can't access our online homework now either  :pout:
Also, we've got less that a week to finish the whole of our unit 2 course work because our lecturer 'forgot' to hand the assignments out back at the start of September, this happened with another unit too, luckily I finished that in time and it's gone in for marking ...

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 20, 2018, 09:44:03 AM »
Moodle -_-

I only had to use it as a phd student to log stuff but since I started teaching I have to access it a lot...all the undergrad reading and info is on there so if it goes down...gah.

Good luck with yours :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 20, 2018, 09:55:12 AM »
Moodle -_-

I only had to use it as a phd student to log stuff but since I started teaching I have to access it a lot...all the undergrad reading and info is on there so if it goes down...gah.

Good luck with yours :/

Ours is constantly down, on and off, on and off. It's ridiculous  -_-
My two tutors are always like 'weve put the class work on Moodle for you if you've missed it or want to watch the videos again' but whenever you go on its 'This page is not accessible to students' it's starting to annoy me now it was working fine on Thursday... :facepalm:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 20, 2018, 03:03:37 PM »
*sigh* There's been a rash of parcels going missing in the post lately. I think this is three in about a fortnight now. And it's not just my stuff either, my housemate ordered a CD that never turned up and I had an absolutely nightmarish rigmarole to get a refund for him. Urrgh. So frustrating. -_-

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 20, 2018, 03:28:06 PM »
I’m sorry that happened Minature Sheep. I’ve been really lucky that things that didn’t get delivered in time usually show up the next day but I’m always worried that they might be stolen.

Some of the Walmart stores in my area are rearranging and have decided to take part of the Music/Movies/Gaming section for Funko Pops and Mystery Mini boxes. For some reason I don’t mind so much that Target has a collectible section in the same area as their entertainment section but it annoys me when Walmart does the same thing.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 20, 2018, 03:54:22 PM »
Discovered the Pop take over yesterday, I like some of them so no big deal. It's just odd placement. My Walmart has mostly switched over to Christmas decorations. Every year it gets earlier and earlier.

For me, Halloween goes up October first, Fall goes up November first and Yule goes up the day after Thanksgiving. It's getting tricky to buy for that holiday when the stuff switches so fast. My BFF was looking for fall decorations yesterday and was dismayed to see the section already being cleared out.

I'm just starting to buy my decorations for Halloween. Speaking of Halloween, Dios de Los Muertos is not nor has it ever been Halloween. This recent uptick in putting it in with and making it trendy upsets me. I've celebrated the days as they should since childhood.

Watch Coco for a great way of understanding what it is, yes that movie has merchandise but it's not marketed as Halloween. *sigh*

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 20, 2018, 05:47:09 PM »
I always thought Dia De Los Muertos was supposed to be November 1st.  They talk about it in "The Halloween Tree" and I've never understood why people lump it in with Halloween.  The focus of the holidays is on different things.

I let my Pokemon Bank lapse and I won't be able to get more funding for it until next week.  I can take out Pokemon but I can't store any until then.

Offline Cactusflower

• Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 20, 2018, 10:19:24 PM »
The one pair of pants I wanted to wash, was the one thing that didn't make it into the washing machine. DUH.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal