collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 464038 times)

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1095 on: October 06, 2018, 12:34:27 PM »
Today has not been my day. I went shopping today and a lady with an electric cart "chased" me down the toy aisles.  Almost every aisle I stopped on to look at something she came right behind me forcing me to move quickly to another aisle even though I was in the aisle first.  In another store a man screamed in my ear calling to his friend (I must have had my invisibility cloak on today) and at yet another store a lady acted like I should move out of way again even though I was in aisle first. Why do people assume that I should just get out of their way instead of them asking me nicely to move?

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: October 06, 2018, 01:57:09 PM »
I treated myself to a couple of nice, small toy horses because I've had a beast of a time recently and just wanted a simple little thing to throw a bit of sunshine over the whole shaking-profusely-and-nearly-passing-out-from-stress thing and they've been entrusted to Hermes... I am honestly afraid for their wellbeing. :|
And according to the tracking, it's in Bolton. The temptation to send a message through the universe just going "Stop! I'll get on a train and pick it up myself!!!" is immense.
:drunk:

Aww I hope you're okay :( please try not to get too stressed, take some time out to relax!

If I'm honest Hermes is not my top pick for deliveries either, they always seem to knock on the door, then run to my back garden, throw the parcel over the fence and drive away, they threw my flutter ponies over the fence the other week :blink:

Thanks, I'm making it a priority to relax this weekend - starting with a nice cup of tea and a fluffy blanket. And wow, that is definitely not a conscientious way to deliver any kind of ponies, least of all delicate ones like flutter ponies - I hope they're alright!

Hermes is such a mix of good and bad service, it's a total lottery. I hope your stuff is ok O.o.

Very true, on a couple of occasions, Hermes have behaved and done their job properly, but most of the time the service has been pants. Fortunately, the horses are fine, so I had no need to worry.

Ah! I'm so sorry I didn't see your reply!
That's good, I hope you had a relaxing weekend.
You're right no pony or any parcel for that matter should be treated in such a way, luckily the Flutter ponies I bought had no wings and the seller wrapped them up in bubble wrap so they were safe!  :) Good to hear your horses are well after their time with Hermes delivery :satisfied:

Post Merge: October 06, 2018, 02:11:14 PM

I need to get this out of my system and complain;

If there is a seat on the bus, please sit down and don't block the gangway especially if you are carrying a large bag. Its the morning rush and when people do this it makes it tough for people to get on and off  :pout:
Seriously, every Wednesday and Thursday this happens to me, if there is a seat take it, I understand when there are no seats but when many seats are available please take one, don't block the exit and entrance it makes it hard for others.
Also please pay for a metro ticket if you are using the service, sure your getting off in 3/4 stops but everyone else standing on the platform has had to pay, a child's ticket is only 80p, its not fair on others who have had to pay for their journey. Just because your a school student doesn't mean you don't have to pay, it can lead to a fine! Sure if you have a Netone or Pop card you don't have to pay at the station but you still have to scan your card at the platform when you get on or off. Also, please don't run infront of people when they are getting on a metro, its a safety hazard...

Okay my rants over, I got a bit carried away!  ^^;
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 02:12:13 PM by StrawberrySundance »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1097 on: October 07, 2018, 11:01:18 AM »

If there is a seat on the bus, please sit down and don't block the gangway especially if you are carrying a large bag.

Absolutely YES on all levels. Seriously, I have so many bus related (and now train related) gripes like this.
If the bus is busy, don't sit on a separate seat to your friend, sit together.
If there are seats, SIT ON THEM.
Don't park your buggy in the aisle of the bus, if there's a wheelchair in the wheelchair space get the next bus (they come every few minutes here!)
Don't think your suitcase is more important than the person in the wheelchair. It isn't.
Don't take dogs upstairs. Don't let them sit on the seats. Don't let them sleep across the aisle so nobody can get out and don't let them off their leads. IMO only dogs who are working should even be on buses.
Sigh.

The dog rant is a wider one in that everyone thinks everyone in the UK loves dogs and should accept them appearing literally anywhere, often off lead and under no control. No offence to people who train their dogs and handle them responsibly, but I hate dogs, and I do not want them running riot on platforms, buses, streets, trains or inside shops. It's enough dealing with them at the carboot sale, but at least there PUT THEM ON A LEAD.

Sigh
Yes.
Anyway.

And on trains, my favourite annoyance is when the parents let kids run up and down the aisles "because the journey is boring for them." Yes, maybe it is, so BUY THEM BOOKS and GIVE THEM COLOURING IN and even FIND THEM GAMES TO PLAY. Or you know, just talk to them. Don't let them run riot while you watch your mobile phone, it's not your house! Gah.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 11:03:06 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 07, 2018, 01:14:53 PM »

If there is a seat on the bus, please sit down and don't block the gangway especially if you are carrying a large bag.

Absolutely YES on all levels. Seriously, I have so many bus related (and now train related) gripes like this.
If the bus is busy, don't sit on a separate seat to your friend, sit together.
If there are seats, SIT ON THEM.
Don't park your buggy in the aisle of the bus, if there's a wheelchair in the wheelchair space get the next bus (they come every few minutes here!)
Don't think your suitcase is more important than the person in the wheelchair. It isn't.
Don't take dogs upstairs. Don't let them sit on the seats. Don't let them sleep across the aisle so nobody can get out and don't let them off their leads. IMO only dogs who are working should even be on buses.
Sigh.

The dog rant is a wider one in that everyone thinks everyone in the UK loves dogs and should accept them appearing literally anywhere, often off lead and under no control. No offence to people who train their dogs and handle them responsibly, but I hate dogs, and I do not want them running riot on platforms, buses, streets, trains or inside shops. It's enough dealing with them at the carboot sale, but at least there PUT THEM ON A LEAD.

Sigh
Yes.
Anyway.

And on trains, my favourite annoyance is when the parents let kids run up and down the aisles "because the journey is boring for them." Yes, maybe it is, so BUY THEM BOOKS and GIVE THEM COLOURING IN and even FIND THEM GAMES TO PLAY. Or you know, just talk to them. Don't let them run riot while you watch your mobile phone, it's not your house! Gah.

Its honestly so annoying but buses/metros are the only way that I can get to college since its so far.

I totally agree with 'If the bus is busy, don't sit on a separate seat to your friend, sit together.' that used to happen a lot when I got a bus home from school, just sit together, your bag doesn't need a seat and your friend isn't going to give you a disease if you sit next to them.

I remember that sometimes when I got the bus home from school, the bus driver would allow 3 buggys on even though there were only space for 2, what made it worse was that everyone was coming home from school/work/shopping so we all had to pile on, some being pushed right to the back of the bus and had to crouch because the area was so small...Stagecoach buses where I live all come every 1o minutes from 8-6 and every 30 minutes before and after those times so its not like people are waiting hours for a bus.
Ive never seen anyone allow their dogs on the seats yet but thats honestly ridiculous people might have allergies to dogs and if they're allowed to sit on the seats, their fur is going to be everywhere! I've seen people get on with dogs but they usually stand with them or have them in their lap if they are small enough.
I understand guide dogs on public transport as they are essential to the owner but when you're taking your dog on transport and allowing it to sit on the seats, that's ridiculous!

Bored kids are the worst on public transport lol, what really annoys me are the parents/carers and how most of them sit there on their phones or are shouting at them across the bus, I'm pretty sure you could play I spy or something with them :shrug: I was on a bus once and these two little girls were sitting on the area where shopping bags go pretty sure that's a safety hazard and were screaming and singing at the tops of their lungs while their nana (I think can't remember?) just sat there and watched. I had them screaming in my ear the whole bus journey  :pout:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 07, 2018, 04:28:38 PM »
I want my car back.

Oooh...I hope you're okay!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1100 on: October 07, 2018, 04:51:32 PM »
I want my car back.

OMG I can't believe I didn't even see that the first time. mlp4me, I hope nobody was hurt??
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 08, 2018, 09:30:44 AM »
I want my car back.

OMG I can't believe I didn't even see that the first time. mlp4me, I hope nobody was hurt??
I luckily was not in the car. My husband was picking me up from job #2 for the day with the dog in the back seat. A lady ran the red light, my husband stopped just in the nick of time to avoid any major injury. The airbags didn't deploy even though the other driver was going about 40 mph. Dog stayed lying down in the back seat. I am so very thankful they walked away ok. We spent 4 hours in the emergency room and the ER doc was stunned. A state trooper witnessed the whole ordeal... What's going to happen with the car is still unknown at this time. However, it's totaled.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 08, 2018, 09:34:35 AM »
I want my car back.

I luckily was not in the car. My husband was picking me up from job #2 for the day with the dog in the back seat. A lady ran the red light, my husband stopped just in the nick of time to avoid any major injury. The airbags didn't deploy even though the other driver was going about 40 mph. Dog stayed lying down in the back seat. I am so very thankful they walked away ok. We spent 4 hours in the emergency room and the ER doc was stunned. A state trooper witnessed the whole ordeal... What's going to happen with the car is still unknown at this time. However, it's totaled.

Omg I'm so sorry to hear! I honestly hope everything gets sorted and that you, your husband and your dog are okay. Remember we're always here along with family and friends if you need anything! :hug:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #1103 on: October 08, 2018, 10:02:26 AM »
:hug:
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: October 08, 2018, 07:36:21 PM »
Really sorry to hear that mlp4me :( I hope everything turns out okay. Sending many hugs your way :hug: :deathhug: :hug:

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1105 on: October 09, 2018, 01:19:17 AM »
It seems like I'm allergic to my wedding band :(. I got red and swollen underneath it and it itched like crazy. I called the goldsmith and asked if there was a possibility the white gold contained nickel as it's the only metal I react against but they told me it does not. I got advice on how to clean the ring and didn't wear it for a couple of days to let the finger heal. I wore it for 8 hours yesterday and took it off before going to bed and this morning the finger is red again. I feel so sad.

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: October 09, 2018, 01:44:11 AM »
It seems like I'm allergic to my wedding band :(. I got red and swollen underneath it and it itched like crazy. I called the goldsmith and asked if there was a possibility the white gold contained nickel as it's the only metal I react against but they told me it does not. I got advice on how to clean the ring and didn't wear it for a couple of days to let the finger heal. I wore it for 8 hours yesterday and took it off before going to bed and this morning the finger is red again. I feel so sad.

I had something similar with a ring (mine was a plain band made of tungsten), it was quite a tight-fitting ring and I think soap and water would get sort of trapped under it and not get dried properly, thus irritating the skin (I have eczema as well, so my skin gets irritated easily). I wore the ring threaded on a bracelet for a while to give my finger a chance to heal. It seemed to just sort itself out in the end and I'm wearing the ring now with no problems, I hope yours settles down too.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: October 09, 2018, 02:49:04 AM »
My right knee is playing up again, I just hope it doesn't expand to the size of a balloon like last time.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: October 09, 2018, 04:58:29 AM »
Just found out my gorgeous little rabbit, Domino, has sadly passed away in his sleep. I've been in tears all morning, it was just so sudden. I loved him with all my heart... :cloud:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: October 09, 2018, 01:44:57 PM »
:hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal