collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466760 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #990 on: August 24, 2018, 06:04:01 PM »
Beldarna - I'm sorry, that really sucks :( I tried to donate an open bag of senior food to the local shelter because my cat hated it. It was really nice food and I had only used a tiny bit, but they wouldn't take it. I understand why they didn't, but it was upsetting because I knew the food was fine and just wanted to help. And sorry about your kitty :hug:

---

My complaint is this massive head and neck ache that's been going for three days now. I've tried medicines, massage, ice, heat, laying down, sitting up. If it's still bothering me by Monday I think I'll need to go to the ER.

edit: Gah! New page! :shakefist:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 26, 2018, 06:38:35 PM »
My complaint is this massive head and neck ache that's been going for three days now. I've tried medicines, massage, ice, heat, laying down, sitting up. If it's still bothering me by Monday I think I'll need to go to the ER.
Oh, no :( How are you feeling now?

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #992 on: August 26, 2018, 10:58:32 PM »
Thank you Taffeta and BlackCurtains.

I hope your pain has subsided so no need of the ER today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Today is the first day of work after a two week holliday. My husband has another two weeks of freedom. I am not ready to go back, at all.

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 27, 2018, 07:31:07 AM »
My thermostat broke in my car and now I have to decide whether I want to make a mess and fix it myself or pay someone else to do it but risk my car overheating on the way there.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 27, 2018, 10:42:48 AM »
I went back and tried to play the cheapie acoustic guitar I bought to start out with, but ended up getting shooting pains in my left hand. I'm hoping it just needs lighter strings because if not, then I'll have to part ways with it. I can't justify keeping something that big out of sentimentality. :(

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 27, 2018, 12:09:34 PM »
I had a yard sale, held things for two people, they never came back. Bugs the living daylights out of me when people do that, WE ARE NOT A PAWN SHOP.   :mad: :pout:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #996 on: August 27, 2018, 12:57:22 PM »
Oh, no :( How are you feeling now?

I hope your pain has subsided so no need of the ER today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks :hug: It's still there but the pain has lessened a lot, it's more tolerable.

---

My complaint today is not being able to understand people on the phone. I hate talking on the phone mainly because it seems like everyone either mumbles or talks so fast all the words run together. Slow down and round your vowels :shakefist:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 27, 2018, 01:32:39 PM »
My other annoyance has been a string of phone scam calls about utilities. I have reported a few.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 27, 2018, 04:19:52 PM »
My other annoyance has been a string of phone scam calls about utilities. I have reported a few.

Ugh.  I've had a 9-digit number (in the states they're 10 -- 11 if they add the 1 at the beginning) calling me every day.  The first day it called 6 times, the second day it called 5 times, and they've called three times a day after that.  I've ignored it every time (and reported it to the Do Not Call Registry).  I don't know who you are or where you're calling from and it isn't important enough to leave a message so quit calling me!  :shakefist:

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 29, 2018, 01:46:04 PM »
Ugh they ruined the dutch MLP Facebook page. Nowadays it's only about "funny" mother memes with a pony image slapped onto it.
Examples:

"When the kids think they can dress themselves"
"It's really lost when mom can't find it"
"Last point on moms to-do list: me-time"
"being suspicous when the children are suddenly too quiet"

Like what's going on? Quite a limited target demographic. How about some merch information? Or when a new season will air and so on.
(We actually post all the new dutch merch store-findings :P)

It's all sooo cringey...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1000 on: August 30, 2018, 12:57:56 AM »
So yesterday I moved.

Up at 6am to pack last minute things as the moving people had not given me a time slot to tell me when they were collecting and stuff.

Turns out the time slot is 3-6pm. The worst timeslot ever.

Parents and I move all precious and irreplaceable things across to the new room (including Truly, Trickles and Tropi Breeze) and set up as best we can. We then wait. And wait.

It passes 6pm. Still not here.

Eventually turns up at 6.08pm. Parents had to head back into central London around 7 so we had a mad rush to get anything organised and I was left doing most of the stuff myself so I didn't wake up this morning in a room of boxes.

I booked the move more than three weeks ago and they knew that I needed help with the unpacking and an earlier slot, so I am not amused.

Also, the driver guy kept phoning my mobile even though on the system I quite clearly said please DO NOT call this number, only text. I don't use the phone for calling as it makes me stressed. Having a strange guy who has custody of all my stuff phoning me at random intervals is not helpful.

When the items arrived, two of the boxes marked fragile were at the bottom of the pile of stuff, underneath all my books. Including my box with the delicate noodle bowls in. Fortunately the box was strong enough and they were well packed enough that nothing broke.

So in summary - took ages, came late, ignored my phone instructions and put my breakables underneath boxes of heavy books. Unamused Taffeta is unamused. As if moving wasn't bad enough without added unnecessary problems.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 30, 2018, 07:39:35 AM »
So yesterday I moved.

Up at 6am to pack last minute things as the moving people had not given me a time slot to tell me when they were collecting and stuff.

Turns out the time slot is 3-6pm. The worst timeslot ever.

Parents and I move all precious and irreplaceable things across to the new room (including Truly, Trickles and Tropi Breeze) and set up as best we can. We then wait. And wait.

It passes 6pm. Still not here.

Eventually turns up at 6.08pm. Parents had to head back into central London around 7 so we had a mad rush to get anything organised and I was left doing most of the stuff myself so I didn't wake up this morning in a room of boxes.

I booked the move more than three weeks ago and they knew that I needed help with the unpacking and an earlier slot, so I am not amused.

Also, the driver guy kept phoning my mobile even though on the system I quite clearly said please DO NOT call this number, only text. I don't use the phone for calling as it makes me stressed. Having a strange guy who has custody of all my stuff phoning me at random intervals is not helpful.

When the items arrived, two of the boxes marked fragile were at the bottom of the pile of stuff, underneath all my books. Including my box with the delicate noodle bowls in. Fortunately the box was strong enough and they were well packed enough that nothing broke.

So in summary - took ages, came late, ignored my phone instructions and put my breakables underneath boxes of heavy books. Unamused Taffeta is unamused. As if moving wasn't bad enough without added unnecessary problems.

Yuck!  My dad was in the military so we moved every 2-3 years.  My mom used movers ONCE and because they lost so much of our stuff and broke an antique that she inherited from her grandmother, she refused to use movers ever again.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 01, 2018, 10:30:05 AM »
I want battenburg but I rrrreally don't want to down the shop to get some. It's a really serious conflict: cake vs. social anxiety. :|

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1003 on: September 01, 2018, 10:40:21 AM »
Microwave in the new room terrifies me.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 01, 2018, 11:54:43 AM »
Probably constitutes quite a bit more than a trivial complaint, but... I'm very sick and tired of being in pain. Around February I started getting a case of plantar fasciitis, but had to put off getting it checked (I had no idea what it was) for months because that's when my semester got really rough, as well. I had no time to think, much less go to a doctor!

Well, now I'm paying dearly for it. The pain is really bad at times, and requires me to take pain meds (ones in the store, like Advil). Even still, I recently started a job where I'm doing a lot of standing and walking and it has been rough. Even when the pain I've associated with plantar fasciitis doesn't flare up as bad, both of my feet are just burning the whole shift. I walk really slow, and limp, and everyone and their dog has to comment on it. Although I suppose it is nice to have people actually concerned about me...

At this point I don't even know what to do. I don't know if the burning pain might be in part because of the inserts I'm wearing (they are really expensive and custom-made to correct my feet). It feels like concrete. If I didn't have this condition, I'd be wearing work shoes because I know they are very comfortable for working, but I'm not really in a position to do that. I wish the inserts were softer.  :cry:

Sorry for all of the complaining... Just had to let it out somewhere. Working with this condition is rough. I desperately feel the need to sit down to rest my burning feet, but I can't really.

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal