collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466420 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #930 on: August 10, 2018, 12:22:29 PM »
Ugh. The air is smokey from all these fires. Its a little uncomfortable to breathe. Stay safe Cali peeps! And much thanks to our brave firefighters. Hope they'll be safe and sound too.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:26:12 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #931 on: August 10, 2018, 12:27:18 PM »
Ugh. The air is smokey from all these fires. Its a little uncomfortable to breathe. Stay safe Cali peeps! And much thanks to our brave firefighters. Hope they'll be safe and sound too.

It's just so wrong you guys are going through all of that when today here we had a total downpour that meant pretty much paddling my way up the main road to my hall.

I wish nature would get its weather rations sorted out. It's so messed up.

Stay safe everyone.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 10, 2018, 02:20:05 PM »
A game on the PS4 was taking ages to install, so I got the guitar out to noodle while it was doing that, and of course all of a sudden the game decided to install super fast. Make up your mind, you fickle machine!  :pout:

I downloaded a game on my Switch the other night right when it released so it would be ready in the morning when I woke up. Turns out it still wasn't fully downloaded in the morning and downloading it also nearly bottomed out the battery, so I had to charge it even when it was fully done downloading.

Next time I download a game I'll have it in the charger, I guess.

|My Collection|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 10, 2018, 02:54:12 PM »

It's just so wrong you guys are going through all of that when today here we had a total downpour that meant pretty much paddling my way up the main road to my hall.

I wish nature would get its weather rations sorted out. It's so messed up.

Stay safe everyone.

This is why having Pegasuses to control the weather is a good idea.   :P

A game on the PS4 was taking ages to install, so I got the guitar out to noodle while it was doing that, and of course all of a sudden the game decided to install super fast. Make up your mind, you fickle machine!  :pout:

I wants ALL the attentions.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 11, 2018, 05:58:05 AM »
Had to cancel two items from Amazon.uk today because they couldn't get a delivery date for them. Luckily someone else had the exact two dolls I need for my custom Ken Attack on Titan dolls. Now I'm being swamped by Captain Kirk heads.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 12, 2018, 12:38:44 AM »
My thesis draft is due with my three supervisors on 15th August. Two of them are not in the country and are currently in Japan.

Because of the other crazy going on in my life, I sent my draft to them on the 11th July.

Today (three days before the deadline) I find out at least one supervisor didn't receive it and the other two currently aren't answering my emails.

This basically determines whether or not I can progress and/or finish my PhD. I am not very happy right now.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 12, 2018, 11:17:52 AM »
My thesis draft is due with my three supervisors on 15th August. Two of them are not in the country and are currently in Japan.

Because of the other crazy going on in my life, I sent my draft to them on the 11th July.

Today (three days before the deadline) I find out at least one supervisor didn't receive it and the other two currently aren't answering my emails.

This basically determines whether or not I can progress and/or finish my PhD. I am not very happy right now.

OMG that is really bad - do they have a anyone in "higher command" at your faculty that you could escalate this to? Just tell them that you are highly concerned at the lack of communication at such an important deadline - especially as you handed the work in EARLY!!

Keep an email trail as physical proof that these concerns have been raised - it will back you up if they later come back and accuse you of being too late with handing in your work.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #937 on: August 12, 2018, 12:14:07 PM »

I would resend it to the other two again (even if they aren't responding) with just a simple "it seems person 1 did not receive this the first time on X date, so I am resending to you as well as a back-up". But re-foreward from the email you initially sent back in July so it has the date stamp.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 12, 2018, 12:54:03 PM »

I would resend it to the other two again (even if they aren't responding) with just a simple "it seems person 1 did not receive this the first time on X date, so I am resending to you as well as a back-up". But re-foreward from the email you initially sent back in July so it has the date stamp.

OMG that is really bad - do they have a anyone in "higher command" at your faculty that you could escalate this to? Just tell them that you are highly concerned at the lack of communication at such an important deadline - especially as you handed the work in EARLY!!

Keep an email trail as physical proof that these concerns have been raised - it will back you up if they later come back and accuse you of being too late with handing in your work.

Oh believe me I will do so. I know my main supervisor is in Japan at the moment (but so is the one I have been in touch with, he now has it, so moving on to the others). The third should be in the UK, I am going to go stalking campus if I don't hear from him tomorrow morning.

I can copy in or contact the research tutor but right now it's not so much that it's a crisis - they have to sign a form by the 15th September, but I am meant to meet my faculty deadline of 15th August for the submission. BUT I also put it on my online logbook which can be checked by people way up in our doctoral school (on 8th August) and which my supervisors also have access to, so really I am probably covered if there's any deeper issues. But if the form isn't signed by all of them by 15th Sept I basically don't continue next year and I'm screwed. So yeah.

But 3 days till the faculty submission deadline. And I can prove I have submitted it. I would just feel happier if they confirmed it.

I have sent them a follow up email since supervisor 2 said he didn't get it to tell them it is also on the logbook and to contact me if they haven't received it. I will resend it on the deadline if I don't hear from either of them and I will email the research tutor as well. Too much harassment when you need them to sign a form is also not always good...:/

(I think it partly likely that 2 of them haven't checked and the one which did didn't check properly. Sigh).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #939 on: August 12, 2018, 10:37:02 PM »
When I did my thesis in archaeology, my handler was everywhere but on campus and only checked his email once in a blue moon. We only had one handler as well so it was crucial they were available. I remember asking a question on which approach he thought I would take concerning genus and he answered after two weeks! I had to ask another professor for help! When it came to writing a thesis in History I had the chance to have a professor who's lectures was really good and engaging but who frequently traveled to Åland for his own research, or a doctorate only a few years my senior. I went for the doctorate as I knew she would be on campus and I strucked gold. The ones having the professor had the same problem I had had before with the archaology professor.

It's like, I know they have their own research and things they're exploring, but part of their job description is doing the other part of their job as well, ie to be available for their students and keep the important dates and not doing things in the very last minute. It's our future they're gambling with.

Sorry for the rant, I hope they'll submit they have read it on time Taffeta.

My complaint: First day of vacation and it's raining. Yaaaay, raing. We need it becaus of drought, but.. now it's cold and I want to wear dresses!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 13, 2018, 02:00:51 AM »
Send the rain over here, Beldarna! I just got back from the cool mountains where we had our vacation, and it's yucky hot here - it's been all last week, so my outdoor plants died, and probably some of the indoor ones too (which I didn't arrange watering for, as there wasn't any issue with them not being watered for 6 days ever, not even during summers). Now other than feeling unwell because of the hot, I am also feeling bad because I was a careless plant mom :sad:

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 13, 2018, 09:30:13 AM »
Thank you all for the support :D I finally managed to reach my main supervisor who assures me it's all fine and that they all have received it. I did go to supervisor 3's office this morning but he wasn't there. For all I know they're all having a tea party in Japan talking about my annoying emails at this point :) But if my main supervisor has it and knows when I sent it, and my 2nd one does, and it's on my logbook as well, I should be fine. Main supervisor doesn't seem to think there's any issue as he's the only one who has to comment in detail. The others just need to sign the release and make general comments.

My supervisors (actually, especially 1 and 3) are pretty good as a rule. The one I can't get hold of at the moment is actually very helpful but he recently got a promotion that means he's much harder to reach now on email :(

Also, we have the rain too! I have got drenched twice in a week :/ My raincoat leaks. Sigh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 13, 2018, 11:10:27 AM »
There was a flood at work this morning, a pipe leaked on the testing rig (I work in a factory that makes fire sprinkler pumps) - so. much. mopping.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 13, 2018, 02:49:01 PM »
I want chocolate and popcorn, I am out of both and it is too late in the day to get some, and pouring on top of that.   :mad:

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 14, 2018, 12:24:45 AM »
I want chocolate and popcorn, I am out of both and it is too late in the day to get some, and pouring on top of that.   :mad:

Oh, stop it! Marks & Spencers (UK) sell little bags of Belgian-chocolate-covered toffee popcorn -
now I want some too!!  :lol: :lol: :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal