collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 465958 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #915 on: August 06, 2018, 02:10:47 PM »
Few months ago my Wal-Mart redid the whole front of the store with more self checkout lanes. They have an automatic conveyor so you don't have to constantly pick up something from the cart, scan it and put it on the thing. They're great! But half the time they aren't open. I asked the lady at the small self checkout why they were closed and she said there was no one available to staff them. Like what??? It's Wal-Mart, they hire anybody. They can't find someone to stand in front of them and watch for a blinking red light? C'mon!

So I busted my back doing the one-by-one thing on the small bedside table sized check-out because of course no regular staffed check-outs were open either!

One Walmart where I used to live had to close their self check outs because people were using them to steal DVDs and they didn't have enough staff to watch everyone all the time.  They would scan the $3.97 DVD, then put a more expensive DVD in the bag.  Even though they were paying something, they weren't paying the price they were supposed to. The self check outs where I live now have a camera on them, but I don't know how much of a deterrent that actually ends up being.

So I guess my trivial complaint is dishonest people ruining things for everyone else.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 06, 2018, 02:29:55 PM »

So I guess my trivial complaint is dishonest people ruining things for everyone else.

This really gets to me too. I hate it when dishonest people ruin things for people. The other day I saw a 6 pack of Coke and someone had helped themselves to 1  bottle and left the other 5. Today I was in a craft store and was looking at a package that had several crochet needles. Someone stole one of the needles out of the multipack even though there were single crochet needles for sale for $3 close by.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 07, 2018, 12:20:51 AM »
Few months ago my Wal-Mart redid the whole front of the store with more self checkout lanes. They have an automatic conveyor so you don't have to constantly pick up something from the cart, scan it and put it on the thing. They're great! But half the time they aren't open. I asked the lady at the small self checkout why they were closed and she said there was no one available to staff them. Like what??? It's Wal-Mart, they hire anybody. They can't find someone to stand in front of them and watch for a blinking red light? C'mon!

So I busted my back doing the one-by-one thing on the small bedside table sized check-out because of course no regular staffed check-outs were open either!

One Walmart where I used to live had to close their self check outs because people were using them to steal DVDs and they didn't have enough staff to watch everyone all the time.  They would scan the $3.97 DVD, then put a more expensive DVD in the bag.  Even though they were paying something, they weren't paying the price they were supposed to. The self check outs where I live now have a camera on them, but I don't know how much of a deterrent that actually ends up being.

One of my local supermarkets, in Henley-upon-Thames, have the self-checkout (with security cameras).

A famous UK chef / TV personality who lived nearby shopped there also. A few years ago, they caught him stealing a lump of cheese!  :lol: Of course, the newspapers had a lot of fun reporting it.

He wasn't short of money so he had no excuse. But... cheese? Of all things...

ETA - oh, and some wine too. To go with the cheese, I suppose  :P
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 12:23:19 AM by glitterball »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 07, 2018, 10:13:59 AM »

This really gets to me too. I hate it when dishonest people ruin things for people. The other day I saw a 6 pack of Coke and someone had helped themselves to 1  bottle and left the other 5. Today I was in a craft store and was looking at a package that had several crochet needles. Someone stole one of the needles out of the multipack even though there were single crochet needles for sale for $3 close by.

Ponyfan

I work in a library and people steal our DVDs.  They open the cases, take the DVD and walk out with it, even though they have security right on the DVD.  Someone has even gone so far as to peel the security strip off of the DVDs and Video Games, which ends up ruining them, so they leave them somewhere in the library for us to find.  Seriously, just check out the DVD or Video Game.  It isn't like it costs anything to borrow it!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #919 on: August 08, 2018, 07:13:23 AM »

Ponyfan

I work in a library and people steal our DVDs.  They open the cases, take the DVD and walk out with it, even though they have security right on the DVD.  Someone has even gone so far as to peel the security strip off of the DVDs and Video Games, which ends up ruining them, so they leave them somewhere in the library for us to find.  Seriously, just check out the DVD or Video Game.  It isn't like it costs anything to borrow it!

When I worked in that kind of library, we never had the discs in the cases. They were all in a drawer beneath the desk. When someone wanted to take out a box set it was a nightmare, getting the right pouch and putting the right discs in - but it was to prevent theft.

Library users are surprisingly inconsiderate though. It's not about noise in the library but people leaving books on tables, on the wrong shelves...in the ref library I worked for 7 years we had newspapers and apparently some of our users were capable of reading broadsheet papers with long words in long sentences but not capable of putting them back in the right place (labelled by the name of the paper). In some cases they even dissected them so they ended up in bits...and on the worst occasions, they also took out the free tokens. Because why buy a paper of your own when you can steal an offer from your local council service?

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: August 08, 2018, 09:56:50 AM »

Ponyfan

When I worked in that kind of library, we never had the discs in the cases. They were all in a drawer beneath the desk. When someone wanted to take out a box set it was a nightmare, getting the right pouch and putting the right discs in - but it was to prevent theft.

I've suggested doing this but we have over 15,000 DVDs (that's not even including the audiobook/music CDs and the video games).  There just isn't room to keep the discs separate from the cases.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 08, 2018, 02:16:12 PM »
Speaking of stealing DVDs I was looking in the DVD section of Barnes and Noble once and picked up a DVD  season set to look at it. It felt very light and when I looked inside the case (it had plastic wrap on it but some clear plastic sections also where you could look inside) there were no DVDs inside.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 08, 2018, 02:23:43 PM »

Ponyfan

I've suggested doing this but we have over 15,000 DVDs (that's not even including the audiobook/music CDs and the video games).  There just isn't room to keep the discs separate from the cases.

Wow, that's a lot of DVDs. Ok, in that context I can see why they don't remove them all. It'd take forever to find one O.o.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #923 on: August 08, 2018, 03:33:10 PM »
I had my disability hearing today. My mom went with as my witness and my sister drove. My dad didn't say anything before I left and when I got home the only thing he had to say was that the internet wasn't working and could I fix it :sad:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 08, 2018, 05:42:11 PM »
Hot and humid still, hate it and it makes it hard to sleep at night.  :pout:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: August 08, 2018, 06:02:02 PM »
I had my disability hearing today. My mom went with as my witness and my sister drove. My dad didn't say anything before I left and when I got home the only thing he had to say was that the internet wasn't working and could I fix it :sad:

You have my sympathies.

I had my tribunal hearing a couple of weeks ago. It was a horrible experience :/ I hope yours works out in your favour. It's taken a year to get to this point with mine and although they upheld my appeal, I still have yet to hear anything about it or whether it's going to be dragged out longer.

I'm glad your mum and sister at least were there to support you :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 08, 2018, 06:52:49 PM »

Ponyfan

Wow, that's a lot of DVDs. Ok, in that context I can see why they don't remove them all. It'd take forever to find one O.o.

Yeah, I only know how many we have because I'm currently working to scan/archive all the artwork so we can replace it quickly when it gets too beat up and doesn't look nice anymore.   :art:

The last library I worked at had hard plastic cases (they called them Kwik Cases because that was the company that made them) that you put the DVD cases into and then used a magnet to open them when people checked the DVD out.  BUT people figured out that they could melt the magnet inside those cases out with a lighter so they'd go into the bathrooms and ruin the Kwik case to steal the DVDs.  We'd find the Kwik cases in the bathroom garbage cans all the time. :yucky:

Post Merge: August 09, 2018, 06:58:59 AM

One of our patrons made us homemade pot stickers and even though they were labeled "for everyone" one of the girls I work with ate half of them and then took the rest of them home so nobody else got any.

Now I wonder if all the treats I bring in "For Everyone" are just going home with her.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 06:59:49 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 09, 2018, 02:40:16 PM »
I'm sorry your coworker took all of the pot stickers.  Pokeyonekenobie  I always try to take just 1 or 2 and the leave the rest for others when we have special treats/food  at work.

Last week a friend told me if I went to the movie she wanted to see, she'd go with me to a movie I wanted to see. She wanted to see Mama Mia 2, a film I wasn't really interested in seeing but willing to go with her if I got to see a film I was more interested in later. I wanted to see the new Christopher Robin movie but she told me today that she already saw Christopher Robin. To be fair though a family member picked that movie for them to see together but it was a little disappointing to hear her say she'd already seen it.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 09, 2018, 04:46:04 PM »
So in 3 weeks I have to move. And it's too early to pack and yet I keep looking at everything in my room in terms of what will fit into what container or case...(sigh).

Also I really want to get back to doing proper research now that I've got the tribunal done with and the move organised...but I spent the whole day watching Transfer Deadline Day and the European Championships instead...

Motivation clearly doesn't happen when pony buying priveleges are restricted...;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 10, 2018, 11:36:31 AM »
A game on the PS4 was taking ages to install, so I got the guitar out to noodle while it was doing that, and of course all of a sudden the game decided to install super fast. Make up your mind, you fickle machine!  :pout:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal