collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466023 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #900 on: August 02, 2018, 05:27:25 PM »
I went to a movie today and a woman with two young children sat in the same row. For the last 20-30 minutes of the movie at least on of the children started playing on a phone. The bright light was very distacting and at one point someone was taking pictures and the flash lit up the wall closet to where they were sitting 3 times in a row.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 02, 2018, 06:47:47 PM »
I feel like I'm at my breaking point again. *sigh*

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 03, 2018, 01:22:49 AM »
Ugh I don't like it when people flame my sites because they are "wrong" but then refuse to tell me what's actually wrong. Guys I can't fix it if I don't know what's not right. :/

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #903 on: August 03, 2018, 04:03:39 AM »
Ugh I don't like it when people flame my sites because they are "wrong" but then refuse to tell me what's actually wrong. Guys I can't fix it if I don't know what's not right. :/

Try not to take it to heart. It is a lot easier for people to attack and criticise someone else's work and knowledge than it is to create or offer any of their own. If they aren't offering constructive criticism or help/proper proof, then ignore them. If they understood how much work and time goes into a website, they'd shut up and go away - but most people don't realise that it doesn't magically appear there by itself. Especially on a site like yours, which is constantly trying to stay abreast of new developments.

@Ponyfan - I absolutely relate. Young kids being allowed in 12 films has ruined the cinema for me because their parents treat it like a creche and let them run wild while they watch.

@Bandit Pony - I can also relate - it's been a hard few weeks here too and I have definitely crossed breaking point a few times in the last fortnight with my tribunal and trying to organise my move. My only advice is to step back, take a break, and try to do things one at a time. :hug:

My trivial complaint - Last night I had a wasp in my room. This morning, I had a wasp in my room. I guess that means the grapes on the vine are probably ready to be picked (they grow under my window). Also it was really hot this morning waiting at the bus stop for the LATE bus.

Also, delivery people. I've mentioned before that they like to deliver things to our front bush. Today it got better. My sister was waiting for something and everyone was out. She got a message saying it was handed to resident. I found it under the car. Apparently the parcel was now delivered to our car, who is apparently a resident...

Fortunately there's been no rain and the car doesn't leak oil. :P TO give the delivery driver his due, he did hide it well, because I didn't find it until I read his note saying exactly where he'd left it. I don't suppose anyone walking by would have seen it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 03, 2018, 09:25:27 AM »
I bought a Sweetheat Sister, a pony line I have disliked since it came out and avoided collecting, and now I want them all.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #905 on: August 03, 2018, 09:56:26 AM »
Is too much protein a bad thing?
Not necessarily, but I want to eat some more fruit and veg. I'm trying to do at least a little bit of fruit every day, but it's tricky for me.
At least on the days I work I can buy fruit for snacking during my shift.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 04, 2018, 02:30:56 AM »

Also, delivery people. I've mentioned before that they like to deliver things to our front bush. Today it got better. My sister was waiting for something and everyone was out. She got a message saying it was handed to resident. I found it under the car. Apparently the parcel was now delivered to our car, who is apparently a resident....

Well, I know some people think of their car as a member of their family, but expecting it to sign for parcels is taking it a bit far. Did it make a tyre imprint as a signature?? :lol:

My trivial complaint: my cat has to go to the vet for a routine procedure next week. I am (mostly) quite calm about that. But the night before we have to keep him in and not feed him from 10pm until 8am when he leaves for the vet's....poor boy, he's going to be so confused as to why we aren't giving him food and opening the door so he can go out for his morning stroll. I wish I could explain to him what's going to happen! (I am way too besotted with my cat and want him to have a perfect and calm life.)

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 04, 2018, 05:40:42 AM »
Due to going from 35C to 15-16C I have now a cold building up in my system and I am drowning vitamin C, cough drops and soups. Atleast I have ice cream.
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 04, 2018, 09:46:42 AM »
I have very loud hiccups right now and I'm trying to paint a custom.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #909 on: August 04, 2018, 10:03:33 AM »

Squiggly line patterning, perhaps?

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 04, 2018, 10:22:28 AM »

Squiggly line patterning, perhaps?
XD I wonder how she would look with that!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 04, 2018, 02:55:24 PM »

Also, delivery people. I've mentioned before that they like to deliver things to our front bush. Today it got better. My sister was waiting for something and everyone was out. She got a message saying it was handed to resident. I found it under the car. Apparently the parcel was now delivered to our car, who is apparently a resident....

Well, I know some people think of their car as a member of their family, but expecting it to sign for parcels is taking it a bit far. Did it make a tyre imprint as a signature?? :lol:

My trivial complaint: my cat has to go to the vet for a routine procedure next week. I am (mostly) quite calm about that. But the night before we have to keep him in and not feed him from 10pm until 8am when he leaves for the vet's....poor boy, he's going to be so confused as to why we aren't giving him food and opening the door so he can go out for his morning stroll. I wish I could explain to him what's going to happen! (I am way too besotted with my cat and want him to have a perfect and calm life.)

I totally read "cat" in your last paragraph as "car" and thought you were continuing the joke!  :lookround: I'd say I need sleep, but I got a lot of that between last night and this morning. 

I hope the vet appointment goes well.

|My Collection|

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 04, 2018, 03:05:06 PM »
Customers getting all hissy and huffy at me because there is no deposit on hard cider. I dont get it why is being nice considered kicking puppies these days.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #913 on: August 05, 2018, 08:35:33 PM »
Few months ago my Wal-Mart redid the whole front of the store with more self checkout lanes. They have an automatic conveyor so you don't have to constantly pick up something from the cart, scan it and put it on the thing. They're great! But half the time they aren't open. I asked the lady at the small self checkout why they were closed and she said there was no one available to staff them. Like what??? It's Wal-Mart, they hire anybody. They can't find someone to stand in front of them and watch for a blinking red light? C'mon!

So I busted my back doing the one-by-one thing on the small bedside table sized check-out because of course no regular staffed check-outs were open either!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 06, 2018, 07:42:55 AM »
It is 91 out, humid, and blah out again. At least the lawn got done but now I am all sweaty after only being outside for half an hour.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal