collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 464088 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #825 on: July 09, 2018, 10:13:21 AM »
Went down to the laundromat like I always do Saturday mornings, and discovered that a single lady had taken every single washer at once. I'm half tempted to go talk to the apartment management about it.

If it had been multiple people, I'd just call bad luck on my part (usually no one is in there on Saturday mornings). But for one individual to take up the whole laundromat at once? It's just inconsiderate beyond belief. I also know we're not supposed to do that... But my experience with going to any form of management about people being so inconsiderate has never gotten me anywhere, so I wonder if I should even bother.

Ugh, I can so relate. Students. STUDENTS. Seriously. You either get the ones who do as your lady does, or more annoyingly, the ones who put their washing/drying on  and then go out/go to bed/go to class and leave it. FOR THE WHOLE DAY. We're not meant to take stuff out of the washers or driers unless they belong to us but seriously they end up hogging machines for 12 hour+ stints because they can't be bothered to come get their stupid clothing.

Drives me crazy.

In Japan, the machine hogging didn't happen, but people did keep stealing my detergent instead of buying their own (despite the big sign in English and Japanese from the landlords telling people to bring their own!)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 09, 2018, 10:30:55 AM »
Alright so that contest is actually quite... strange. The ending date for BOTH the uploads and voting is the same. So if you submit anything with only 1 hour left, well you're out of luck then. What kind of idea is that? Make art faster so that you can gather votes more quickly? Let me post one of my favorite quotes:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 09, 2018, 02:09:05 PM »
Sooo....hoooooootttttt!    :drool::hot:  The air conditioner at work isn't working right....again.  Maybe if it breaks again (for the third year in a row) we'll get some paid days off because it's too hot to come in...

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 09, 2018, 05:50:32 PM »
My elbow is sore, thanks to a customer trying to help me with carts.  :mad:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 10, 2018, 08:26:50 AM »
Well, I think heat/stress/anxiety have finally all succeeded in doing me over after weeks of incessantly ganging up on me. I've been ill all day, couldn't even keep a cup of tea down at breakfast and barely made sense on the phone when I called work because my head just wouldn't co-operate. My stomach appears to have calmed down a bit but it still does cartwheels whenever I stand up and I just feel completely drained. :/

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 11, 2018, 11:14:57 AM »
I was going to go out to lunch with a friend, but they never showed, I guess something came up.   :nomail:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 11, 2018, 12:13:14 PM »
Rude transport people file continues to grow.

On a london bus. I need to get off. I politely say to the lady blocking the aisle, "excuse me please, I need to get off here." And she glares at me, snaps "Wait!" and then shoves past me.

I have issues with strangers making physical contact with me. It took a lot of self control not to shove her away from me. I hate rush hour buses. Especially on that route, because it's always packed.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 11, 2018, 08:26:01 PM »
Increased doctor visits as of late have uncomfortably made me repeatedly have to be made aware of exactly how much I weigh. Why do they need my weight at a podiatrist? >.<

I know, I should care, but a couple of years ago after changing some of my habits (which I documented in Healthy Pony back then) I was happily losing weight, but then - keeping the same habits - it suddenly turned around and now I weigh more than I ever have and it makes me want to cry. But if I told anyone this IRL they've laugh at me because I still look skinny (I really think that's changing, though.).

I need to do some exercising, I guess, but not until my feet are better.

Went down to the laundromat like I always do Saturday mornings, and discovered that a single lady had taken every single washer at once. I'm half tempted to go talk to the apartment management about it.

If it had been multiple people, I'd just call bad luck on my part (usually no one is in there on Saturday mornings). But for one individual to take up the whole laundromat at once? It's just inconsiderate beyond belief. I also know we're not supposed to do that... But my experience with going to any form of management about people being so inconsiderate has never gotten me anywhere, so I wonder if I should even bother.

Ugh, I can so relate. Students. STUDENTS. Seriously. You either get the ones who do as your lady does, or more annoyingly, the ones who put their washing/drying on  and then go out/go to bed/go to class and leave it. FOR THE WHOLE DAY. We're not meant to take stuff out of the washers or driers unless they belong to us but seriously they end up hogging machines for 12 hour+ stints because they can't be bothered to come get their stupid clothing.

Drives me crazy.

In Japan, the machine hogging didn't happen, but people did keep stealing my detergent instead of buying their own (despite the big sign in English and Japanese from the landlords telling people to bring their own!)

Here people will just take those people's clothes out of the washers/driers. I see it all of the time, there's just clothes thrown all over the place in there.

I always am careful not to leave my clothes in the washer/drier, but one time I was washing my dog's blanket, which was not a usual part of my routine and it threw me off and I was just a few minutes late getting back to the washer and someone had taken it out. I was not too happy. It's not like I was coming back hours later, or gosh even more than 5 to 10 minutes. =/

|My Collection|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 11, 2018, 08:54:26 PM »

Drives me crazy.

Here people will just take those people's clothes out of the washers/driers. I see it all of the time, there's just clothes thrown all over the place in there.

I always am careful not to leave my clothes in the washer/drier, but one time I was washing my dog's blanket, which was not a usual part of my routine and it threw me off and I was just a few minutes late getting back to the washer and someone had taken it out. I was not too happy. It's not like I was coming back hours later, or gosh even more than 5 to 10 minutes. =/

I had the same thing happen once.  Years ago I was living in an apartment complex that had three washers and three dryers in each set of units and I left a load in one of the washers about five minutes after it was done while I was packing to move and the guys that lived in the apartment below mine pulled out my laundry and threw it on the ground.  The washers and dryers were outside in a covered area (it was in Florida) so I had to rewash everything because now it was wet and covered in dirt.  After my roommate yelled at them and their loads were done, they filled the washers with ketchup, mustard, and a bunch of other stuff from their fridge.  I used another unit's washers to rewash my clothes and my roommate reported them to apartment management.  I don't know what happened with it but how immature do you have to be to respond that way?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 12, 2018, 12:47:00 AM »
It's amazing how petty people are about laundry machines. I think the reason we're not meant to take stuff out of the machines is because of the risk of something getting damaged or going missing. Because a lot of people who live in this hall are (to be blunt) spoiled little rich kids who complain about the least thing to the main desk. Sometimes they even expect the staff on the reception desk to bring their shopping. Seriously.

So this morning, 8.30 am. As some of you guys know I didn't go to bed last night till pretty late - about 3.30am. And then I'm woken at 8.30 by a bunch of workmen in the corridor singing, shouting and moving furniture.

I had to go speak to them which is extremely scary to me because it's potentially a confrontation. They said sorry and that they would do less of the singing, shouting, and whistling (they are fitting furniture in some of the empty rooms) - but they are still pretty noisy. And I am really sensitive to noise.

Sigh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #835 on: July 12, 2018, 05:56:01 PM »
Welp. I bought shrimp flavored treats even though that's what my cat hates the most. How? Why? Guess I didn't read! She won't eat them, the kitten won't eat treats at all and I can't give them to the dog since he's on a specialized diet. I'd donate them to the shelter but they're already opened (so I guess I didn't read multiple times, go me!).

Anyway, they're the only treats I have and Mouse keeps asking where the heck the good treats are and I feel so bad. It's too late today to go to the petstore. Honestly, I have no idea how I overlooked they were shrimp! Though they're a mix with lobster and oceanfish, so maybe that's what I saw?

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 12, 2018, 06:04:28 PM »
I had a funny joke planned out where I was going to send some promotional items made long, long ago by the company I work for to my boss, without telling her who they were from. It's a long story but it would have made everyone laugh.

I asked the seller to do this...and what does she do? Puts my name on the packaging slip.

No "I have to do this because of Paypal" (not an eBay transaction, a private one just involving Paypal and one as a "friend and family" to boot). Not even a "no I am not doing that". Just completely ignores me about it. 

Joke partially ruined.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 13, 2018, 04:22:26 PM »
It's Friday the 13th and I haven't done anything fun to celebrate.  Didn't even realize it until now (after 5pm where I live) so I can't do anything at work, either. 

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 13, 2018, 04:34:40 PM »
The humidity here coupled with the heat has been causing my asthma to flare up. Normally the area is hardly humid so this is excessive. It's going to be a long week with the hot weather moving in for the long haul.

People not letting you off the bus, I actually am afraid I won't move fast enough and miss my stop. That hasn't happened but I've had to seriously elbow a few people.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 13, 2018, 04:45:36 PM »
It's Friday the 13th and I haven't done anything fun to celebrate.  Didn't even realize it until now (after 5pm where I live) so I can't do anything at work, either. 

We're just watching the worst Friday the 13th movies.  We just got done with V. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal