collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466349 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #780 on: June 23, 2018, 08:53:33 AM »
@Cookifa, Glad your duck is doing fine! I would have been scared to death, especially when she gagged and went limp.

We had a heck of a severe storm last night and it took out our greenhouse, which was staked down and lined with concrete blocks. It blew across the highway, and when I went out to look for it this morning, it looks like it ended up wrapped around an inactive oil rig like a mile away. So now on top of having to skip the toy show we were going to, we have to spend the morning trying to get a hold of the company who owns the rig so we can apologize and get it removed before it causes issues >.< Ugh.

But I guess I can be grateful that it was an inactive rig, and not an active one, right?

Ah, looks like we live in the same state. Thankfully, by the time it got over to my area it must have really toned down. I don't think it was even severe anymore. I slept through most of it, with just a brief waking up around 3 am to hear it. I was expecting it later in the morning.

My poor dog was awake scared and panting, though.  :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #781 on: June 23, 2018, 01:31:04 PM »
@Cookifa, Glad your duck is doing fine! I would have been scared to death, especially when she gagged and went limp.

We had a heck of a severe storm last night and it took out our greenhouse, which was staked down and lined with concrete blocks. It blew across the highway, and when I went out to look for it this morning, it looks like it ended up wrapped around an inactive oil rig like a mile away. So now on top of having to skip the toy show we were going to, we have to spend the morning trying to get a hold of the company who owns the rig so we can apologize and get it removed before it causes issues >.< Ugh.

But I guess I can be grateful that it was an inactive rig, and not an active one, right?

Ah, looks like we live in the same state. Thankfully, by the time it got over to my area it must have really toned down. I don't think it was even severe anymore. I slept through most of it, with just a brief waking up around 3 am to hear it. I was expecting it later in the morning.

My poor dog was awake scared and panting, though.  :(

Oh! Another Okie? Glad you didn't get the brunt of it, it was wild. Lightning flashes that lit everything up like daytime and wind enough to knock a body over. I'm surprised we didn't lose more things, honestly.

Same here, I had to pull my dog out of his crate in the living room and let him sleep in my room. Poor thing is terrified of storms.

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline sparkykandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 23, 2018, 09:56:26 PM »
I hate FaceBook.  It won't let me access my account without confirming my identity, but the only way to confirm it is by sending them official documentation which I refuse to do.  So, I'm locked out of my account and can't delete it without accessing it.  Oh, and there's no way to send an email to FaceBook or anything.  I hope FaceBook goes the way of MySpace.
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 24, 2018, 07:23:07 AM »
I ran into a vender at the flea who forgot to bring ponies, I emailed them and have not gotten an answer back in a weeks time. I am a little miffed, and was hoping they would be a little prompt about a reply. At this rate I am gonna say forget it.  :mad: :pout: :pout:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 07:39:45 AM by invaderhorizongreen »

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #784 on: June 24, 2018, 08:22:03 AM »
Ugh, so hot. The pool looks nice but it's dirty (why do we even have a pool guy??) and if I clean it I'll be even more hot... but then the pool would be clean... but it's sooooo hot...

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 24, 2018, 08:37:19 AM »
BlackCurtains: fill up the tub with cool water?

Youngest sister has wound Mom up again over different things (I'll be SO glad when sister's house is done so she'll calm down a bit) so now Mom is even MORE stressed than she already was and since I've been listening to both sides I now have a pounding headache. Going to go take some pics after some coffee for distraction.

* edit I meant my sister will calm down; mom will when sis does, lol
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 09:20:55 AM by dragonlady »

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 24, 2018, 08:56:37 AM »
Even 3 minutes is too long to wait for coffee to brew.

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #787 on: June 24, 2018, 09:03:48 AM »
BlackCurtains: fill up the tub with cool water?

Alas, I don't have a bathtub :( Anyway, now it looks like it's going to storm, so no pool regardless.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 24, 2018, 02:23:16 PM »
I am extremely disappointed with an Etsy seller. :pout: I ordered a beautiful wooden sign, almost a month ago. The seller messaged me immediately that it would be ready and shipped within a couple of days, and that she would let me know if anything changed. I heard absolutely nothing, and my item hadn't been shipped either. I messaged her after two weeks, but no reply. I was just thinking that maybe life got in the way, so I refrained from getting annoyed, for the moment.

...Until I saw that she had been active on facebook, offering her work. I don't have/want facebook, so I couldn't reach her there. I messaged her on Etsy mmediately, the "please respond" kind of message. She didn't reply, however, within a day I received a full refund, saying that she could not ship my item because of the high international shipping costs.

You couldn't tell me that right away instead of hiding? Yeah, I was (pleasantly!) surprised that shipping was only $10, in fact I could hardly believe it (since it's a large item). However, it's still the seller's responsibility... :hmm:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 24, 2018, 06:26:05 PM »
I bought a new DVD set and the last disc wasn't secured on the holder so when I opened the box it fell out and got scratched. :sad:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 24, 2018, 09:57:22 PM »
I bought a new DVD set and the last disc wasn't secured on the holder so when I opened the box it fell out and got scratched. :sad:

Ponyfan

If it skips, contact the company that made the DVD and ask if you can get a replacement.  I've done that before (most recently with my "Hey Arnold" complete series because disc 13 skipped) and they asked me to email them a picture of my receipt and the proof of purchase off the case and then they sent me a replacement free of charge. 

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 27, 2018, 07:32:22 PM »
Was really looking forward to a package I had been anxiously awaiting days for that was due for delivery today. However, instead of being delivered to me, it was delivered to someone else. The person even signed for it and everything. What in the world?  :mad:

Now I have no clue if the delivery company is somehow going to be able to retrieve it or if I'm going to have to reorder it. *sigh* Either way, I'll be waiting days if not a whole week longer than I thought.

|My Collection|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 28, 2018, 10:07:56 AM »
I was in a hurry to catch my bus this morning and left my normal glasses on the bookshelf, so I've had to wear my sunglasses at work all day - it's a good job they've got prescription lenses in them, really! Can't do much wiring if everything is a blur!

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 28, 2018, 05:03:00 PM »
Pretty sure my ADHD is acting up right now. I'm trying to read this chapter of my textbook for a class, and it's just really not interesting to me at all (it talks about technological manufacturing processes). I'm just trying to get through it, but my mind wanders and I can 'read' half a page but not have processed a single word of it. D:

|My Collection|

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #794 on: June 28, 2018, 05:12:20 PM »
Ugh, this day has sucked :pout: I somehow hurt my ankle.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal