collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 465978 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #765 on: June 18, 2018, 06:49:46 PM »
When did Netflix decide to send an email everytime you log in? 

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #766 on: June 18, 2018, 10:14:42 PM »
Ponyfan's comment above reminded me of something else.

Why do TV channels on catch-up demand you log in and register these days? And why do they keep saying you need only do it once and then log you out over and over so you have to re-log in in order to access what is a free television service? And why do they want all your details to do that?

I understand having a log in for services that are paid for, but ITV, C4, etc? So frustrating and such an invasion of privacy.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #767 on: June 18, 2018, 11:34:17 PM »
Yesterday morning as I was ready to get to work we were hit by thunder and heavy rain. When I came into work the rain had soaked through my waterproof raincoat and pants and shoes. When I was going home 8 hours later they had not dried. During the ride home the sun came out and it got warm and made me sweat on top of it all. Today I woke up to rain as well and the raincloths are still not dry! I have another jacket I can use, albeit thinner so I will probably freeze, but the pants and shoes are gonna be fun. I'm considering wearing plastic bags on my feet :lol:.

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 19, 2018, 09:22:56 AM »
Beldarna: I've done that, lol! Hey it works:)

Got stuck babysitting today. My mom was watching my cousin's little girl when my sister calls her up and asks if she can sand the kitchen today (she's working on her house) Mom not only agrees but says niece can come over here to play as I won't mind. I DO mind, thank you very much as you didn't ask me if I would watch the first one! (The girls are fine I just really hate when my mom just volunteers me for stuff.)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 19, 2018, 10:12:15 AM »
I hate when parents come to the library, set no limits for how many books their kids can check out and then WHINE because they have so much stuff to carry.  What did you think would happen?  You're not raising your kids to understand the concept of self control.  It's like they're afraid if someone looks at the book before they do the words will disappear.  And I'm not going to feel sorry for them because they CHOSE to let their kids have that much stuff. 

Seriously, if you can't figure out how to use the word "No" you should never reproduce.  Ever.  You should probably not go out in public without a leash and handler, either.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 21, 2018, 06:13:12 AM »
While a lot of parents work hard and are great, I have to agree that parents who make no attempt to control their kids and thus inconvenience everyone else are really annoying. It's like you go into a shop or a cinema or anything (library too) and they're acting like it's their front room and the kids can do as they would at home. Run riot. Scream. Pull stuff off shelves. Bother other people. And often the parent is on the phone and not even paying attention to the kids. I saw a kid almost pull a trike onto herself from a shelf in a toyshop once because of that kind of parenting.

I also worked in a library where parents would expect library staff to play creche advisors. One little girl was particularly wild. She was very bright and actually, a nice kid, but her mother basically ignored her when using the computers and didn't reinforce any instructions so the child ignored her back. I remember spending an hour with this kid going through the books we had beneath the desk (this was an information library, NOT a lending library so no kids section per se) because this kid had already tried to run out of the door once (onto a main road) and we didn't want her hurt.

The heartbreaking thing about that story is that she was so quiet and attentive and engaged with me looking at this book and talking about it that when her mother wanted to leave she got upset. She wanted to stay with me and the books rather than go home with her mother :(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 21, 2018, 01:48:39 PM »
The heartbreaking thing about that story is that she was so quiet and attentive and engaged with me looking at this book and talking about it that when her mother wanted to leave she got upset. She wanted to stay with me and the books rather than go home with her mother :(

That is a shame.

Years ago, I went on holiday with my ex boyf and his extended family. One of the young cousin kids (age 6) was notoriously troublesome and I was dreading sharing my time with them; screaming and running away at the airport, being brattish etc. however, I soon got to see him in a new light: his mum practically ignored him the whole time, so he played-up to get attention, even if it meant being shouted at.

One evening, after being told off again by his mum and walking off in a strop, he sat with me at the dinner table, I kind of half-heartedly took him under my wing, chatted to him etc - he ate all his dinner and veggies (to everyone's surprise) and was in fact a very sweet little boy. For the rest of the holiday we spent a bit of time here and there, he behaved so well around me! He cried when the holiday ended.

As I am no longer in contact with my ex I have no idea what has happened to that lad, they lived in another country and moved back to the UK when their father died - so no updates  :wonder: :shrug:

Offline cookifaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 21, 2018, 03:34:26 PM »
More on the kids and parents ignoring them thing:

I hate it when adults leave their children to the teenagers at family gatherings, like I'm sorry, but I'm here to see my family, not to be your personal baby sitter -_-

At my last family gathering, which was a memorial day for my late uncle (he was 21, so it was still sore), everyone was really emotional as can be expected, but they were telling their children to go find me and hang out with me so they could get drunk. Within half an hour I was nannying 16 kids, only a three of which I'm related to. I also have social anxiety, so being left with a whole clutch of loud, obnoxious kids who are complete strangers did nothing to help my anxiety at all. What made it worse was that every time they went to bug their parents or got too loud, I got an earful off the adults. The kids were not my responsibility and so to be shouted at for someone else's kids messing about was a huge blow. I ended up having a huge panic attack and grabbing my three little cousins and fleeing to the local country park until late. I felt bad for abandoning all the kids, but at the same time, they're really not my responsibility, I didn't even know their names. My cousins were the only ones who were actually listening to me and being quiet!

If they really didn't want to be with their kids they should have got a baby sitter, or someone else to mind the kids so they could go alone :(
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 09:41:56 AM by cookifaa »

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 21, 2018, 08:57:08 PM »
I ended up having a huge panic attack and grabbing my three little cousins and fleeing to the local county park until late. I felt bad for abandoning all the kids, but at the same time, they're really not my responsibility, I didn't even know their names. My cousins were the only ones who were actually listening to me and being quiet!

If they really didn't want to be with their kids they should have got a baby sitter, or someone else to mind the kids so they could go alone :(

Oh that's awful, cookifaa, so unfair to you  :( especially when you are grieving, too.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #774 on: June 22, 2018, 07:40:16 AM »
Yesterday came a report that several brands of a hugely popular toy (squishies) contains toxins and are not safe for kids. There were a list of 12 retailers selling those, one being in Sweden and the toy store chain carrying them immediately discountinued their items. Now we also sell squishies but have another brand that is safe. It has been thoroughly tested both at the factory in China and here in Europe. The toy we carry is safe. Period. Yet I heard all day today from customers walking past our store seeing our squishies making remarks of them being prohibited, toxic, etc and how wrong I was to still have them out etc. Like, it's one brand in one store thats affected people! Get a grip! Like if Volvos SUVs suddently malfunctioned and got discontinued, would you stop buying SUVs from Wolksvagen? :argh:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 22, 2018, 04:03:28 PM »
Hot and humid again today, I dot like that at all it makes me sleepy.

:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #776 on: June 22, 2018, 04:30:53 PM »
 :stressed: There is a ninja mosquito in the room with me. It keeps biting me and getting away before I see or feel it. WHY?! Why do you keep biting me?! How much of my blood do you need?!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 23, 2018, 02:57:22 AM »
Found an Amazon voucher. Ordered rainbow retro parasol. Accidentally forgot to change the address on Amazon, so she's been delivered to my parents' house instead of to me in London. Which means another five whole days before I get to play with her :'(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline MerryAnvil

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #778 on: June 23, 2018, 05:06:22 AM »
We had a heck of a severe storm last night and it took out our greenhouse, which was staked down and lined with concrete blocks. It blew across the highway, and when I went out to look for it this morning, it looks like it ended up wrapped around an inactive oil rig like a mile away. So now on top of having to skip the toy show we were going to, we have to spend the morning trying to get a hold of the company who owns the rig so we can apologize and get it removed before it causes issues >.< Ugh.

But I guess I can be grateful that it was an inactive rig, and not an active one, right?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 05:09:07 AM by dakotadarkhooves »

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline cookifaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 23, 2018, 08:09:17 AM »
I like this thread, it feels good to complain without being judged :lol:

Seriously though, why are ducks so nosey?

I had a heart attack moment earlier when the neighbor knocked on my door to tell me one of my ducks had some string in her mouth and was trying to swallow it. I just thought he meant some baler twine or something, but no. It was a really long piece of thick blue rope that she had partially swallowed. I spent 20 minutes trying to slowly prize it out of her mouth and I've never been so scared! I honesty thought I killed her at one point because she gagged and went limp.

It eventually came out and I put her down and she ran off quacking at me, if she was human she would have been so disgusted with me. The part she had swallowed was 6 inches long and she's only a call duck too so the rope would have shut off her airways if the neighbors hadn't of noticed and warned me.

Hopefully it'll teach her to stop being nosy and eating everything she sees, and its definitely taught me to constantly check and duck proof the garden! :blush:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal