collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466864 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #675 on: May 18, 2018, 02:30:26 AM »
It's a phrase used in conflict studies to indicate a situation where two sides stop speaking to each other, refuse to engage and basically end up with worse relations.

However when used randomly without qualifier or explanation in a general discussion, it comes over in a totally other way.

I actually think the original term is offensive too, personally, but I can't do a lot about that.

Wow... Never heard that one before. IMO, that’s a seriously offensive term, in any context. :/

It is, but we apparently don't have feelings, and don't interact with the real world enough to know about this stuff, so who cares? Certainly not this academic. He should have contextualised his jargon at the very least.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 18, 2018, 09:32:15 AM »
Next week is memorial day weekend... I work at a grocery store bring on the last minute panic, I work half the weekend.  :shocked: :blink:

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #677 on: May 18, 2018, 12:05:35 PM »
Being broke sucks so much  >_<

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #678 on: May 19, 2018, 03:13:09 AM »
I wish them every happiness, but I am so sick of stuff on the Royal Wedding.

Right now three channels are broadcasting it live and it hasn't even kicked off yet. About ten other channels have wedding themed weekends or documentaries about Harry and Meghan.

The news has been 50% about that as well this week even though actual things are happening in the world.

I'm not anti-royalist. But do we really need this much coverage?

Not to mention half of London is currently blocked out with street parties and other things so no buses go anywhere of use.

Only thing worse would be to actually be in Windsor right now...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 19, 2018, 04:58:28 AM »
^^As someone who lives in the USA, I just have to say although I might not care too much about the Royal Wedding, I am really glad to have the attention put on the Royal Wedding instead of a certain USA political figure who dominates the media every other second and disgusts me to the the core.

|My Collection|

Offline emily_katie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #680 on: May 19, 2018, 05:13:06 AM »
I wish them every happiness, but I am so sick of stuff on the Royal Wedding.

Right now three channels are broadcasting it live and it hasn't even kicked off yet. About ten other channels have wedding themed weekends or documentaries about Harry and Meghan.

The news has been 50% about that as well this week even though actual things are happening in the world.

I'm not anti-royalist. But do we really need this much coverage?

Not to mention half of London is currently blocked out with street parties and other things so no buses go anywhere of use.

Only thing worse would be to actually be in Windsor right now...

I agree with you 100% I will be glad when its all over  :zzz:

IG: Pastels_Parade
                                                       Tumblr: Pastel-Parade

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #681 on: May 19, 2018, 09:34:39 AM »
Two days with no sleep! Wheeee!

CFS is so bizarre. Tired, sleep for 15 hours. Still tired! Awake for days!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 19, 2018, 03:40:03 PM »
There is very push cashier at one of the stores I like to shop at. Every time I am in there she tries to get me to sing up for the store's loyalty card (It costs $25 a year) When I politely tell her no she starts to harass me for several minutes during the transaction asking me questions like "Why don't you want to have one? Don't you want to save money? How can you say you don't want to sign up for it?" It's really annoying.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 19, 2018, 10:32:14 PM »
A very pony-related complaint: I’m still mad/sad that G2 was pretty much skipped in the U.S.. I feel like I was robbed of what could have been an awesome part of my childhood or something, lol. XP
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 20, 2018, 12:05:18 AM »
There is very push cashier at one of the stores I like to shop at. Every time I am in there she tries to get me to sing up for the store's loyalty card (It costs $25 a year) When I politely tell her no she starts to harass me for several minutes during the transaction asking me questions like "Why don't you want to have one? Don't you want to save money? How can you say you don't want to sign up for it?" It's really annoying.

Ponyfan

I'm with you on this. These aggressive sales tactics are super annoying. If you're already there buying something then company is already making money, and the businesses should not be coaching their salespeople into aggressively attempting to bilk customers out of more money. Maybe if enough people complain at the corporate level then companies will start changing tactics, so I would complain if you haven't already.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 20, 2018, 01:26:08 PM »

Ponyfan

I'd probably be a brat and tell her I didn't want it because she was trying to get me to sign up for it.  I've told pushy people before "Don't call us, we'll call you" and walked off.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 20, 2018, 02:04:42 PM »
I asked to order some sunglasses to try at Boots and they seem to be taking an incredibly long time to arrive (weeks!); given the kind of unpleasant attitude on the staff, I'm wondering if they even bothered to order them at all. I'm gonna go check some different opticians instead and see if they have any sunglasses that take my fancy. My eyesight is bad enough without getting headaches every time I go out on a clear day, and from what I've been reading about sun damage, I'd rather like to avoid the risk of macular degeneration in later life, thank you very much! :pout:

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 20, 2018, 02:08:14 PM »

Ponyfan

I'd probably be a brat and tell her I didn't want it because she was trying to get me to sign up for it.  I've told pushy people before "Don't call us, we'll call you" and walked off.

The thing is she's probably been instructed by her superiors to be pushy. That's why I think people should start going to the top of the chain and making it known that this crap is creating a very uncomfortable shopping experience.

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 20, 2018, 03:31:04 PM »
I always seem to be sick and still at school when test and presentations happen. I've been sick for the last few math tests, and I have a presentation tomorrow and I am sick with allergies. Of course, I still have to take the tests and present the presentations because I am there. *cue angry allergy sneeze*

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 22, 2018, 10:13:37 AM »
I have somewhere around 400 G3s that I want to rehome but selling is such a pain!  At the same time, I'd hate to send them to a thrift shop where if they don't sell, they might get thrown away.  :(

Post Merge: May 22, 2018, 09:41:41 PM

Just got scammed out of $400 by someone claiming that I needed to make a payment because I had a warrant out for my arrest and I was an idiot and didn't think it through.  So if anyone calls claiming that you missed jury duty, hang up on them and call the cops to ask. (Though, I did call what I thought was the police and apparently they managed to spoof that number online as well.)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 09:42:50 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal