collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467040 times)

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #660 on: May 11, 2018, 09:02:32 AM »
I am a cat colony manager and rescuer, cats are my other passion besides MLP.  A few days ago I stuffed up whilst handling a feral kitten and he bit my hand and arm, and now I've developed cellulitis.  Yes, normally I wear gloves, and I should have been better prepared, but it was a crappy situation and 98% of the time rescues go off without a hitch.  This time just happened to be in the 2%. 

Last year I went through a similar situation but I ended up with a serious finger and hand infection and tenosynovitis, which resulted in emergency washout surgery, a week of IV antibiotics in hospital, two months off work (unpaid), the development of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), and all round a six month rehabilitation process including IV drug infusions to treat my pain.  So am a bit scared it's going to end up being another surgical case because it's affecting my hand and fingers, but so far the infection doesn't seem to have permeated the knuckle joints.  AAAAARRRRGGHHH. 

Kitty however, is now absolutely fine.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 11, 2018, 10:22:48 PM »
I am a cat colony manager and rescuer, cats are my other passion besides MLP.  A few days ago I stuffed up whilst handling a feral kitten and he bit my hand and arm, and now I've developed cellulitis.  Yes, normally I wear gloves, and I should have been better prepared, but it was a crappy situation and 98% of the time rescues go off without a hitch.  This time just happened to be in the 2%. 

Last year I went through a similar situation but I ended up with a serious finger and hand infection and tenosynovitis, which resulted in emergency washout surgery, a week of IV antibiotics in hospital, two months off work (unpaid), the development of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), and all round a six month rehabilitation process including IV drug infusions to treat my pain.  So am a bit scared it's going to end up being another surgical case because it's affecting my hand and fingers, but so far the infection doesn't seem to have permeated the knuckle joints.  AAAAARRRRGGHHH. 

Kitty however, is now absolutely fine.

Ouch!! I really commend you for managing a colony and doing rescue work though. It can be stressful work. There are groups and individuals that help our shelter with TNVR and colony management. And on top of the issues of trying to trap tricky cats to get fixed, potential safety hazards, etc... they have to deal with repeated backlash from individuals who can't seem to comprehend that there's a difference between a domesticated cat and a feral cat and that a feral cat can't just be sent to the shelter for adoption because it's a wild animal.

Offline starstrider

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 12, 2018, 08:29:54 AM »

Ouch!! I really commend you for managing a colony and doing rescue work though. It can be stressful work. There are groups and individuals that help our shelter with TNVR and colony management. And on top of the issues of trying to trap tricky cats to get fixed, potential safety hazards, etc... they have to deal with repeated backlash from individuals who can't seem to comprehend that there's a difference between a domesticated cat and a feral cat and that a feral cat can't just be sent to the shelter for adoption because it's a wild animal.

It's always so great to meet other rescuers and kitty enthusiasts!  I see you're in NY, and there are several NY colony groups I follow on IG and FB because the work they do is just absolutely phenomenal.  TNR is less common here in Australia, but those of us involved in colony management recognise that it is the only sustainable and ethical way forward for handling the feral cat population (I hate the word feral!).  Animal rescue is both a joy and a constant source of sadness.  I am so grateful to the animal lovers of the world for the effort and the love that goes into saving animals in need. 

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 14, 2018, 01:28:15 PM »
I got plenty of work done in the garden and round the house today but apparently put too much strain on my dodgy leg in the process, so my reward for all that work is an incredibly painful leg. I want a new body, this one's rubbish. :pout:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 14, 2018, 02:37:46 PM »
I found another bruise on me, and I have no idea where or when I did that.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 14, 2018, 03:45:36 PM »
I got plenty of work done in the garden and round the house today but apparently put too much strain on my dodgy leg in the process, so my reward for all that work is an incredibly painful leg. I want a new body, this one's rubbish. :pout:

I want one too!  If I clean for 5 or more minutes it is amazing the amount of pain I get into. Argh

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #666 on: May 15, 2018, 07:02:59 PM »
lol my trivial complaint is i ended up popping my wrist at work, a lump appeared had it checked out  thank god no fracture, but its a cyst that's gonna have to be taken care of due to where it was. weirdest part was the lump wasn't there this morning and we honestly thought it was a bone ... on top of that its my bday and that was not how I wanted to spend my after noon XD
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #667 on: May 15, 2018, 10:09:07 PM »
I'm not eating a can of chocolate frosting at one o'clock in the morning. Nope. Not me.

:lookround:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 15, 2018, 10:34:45 PM »
lol my trivial complaint is i ended up popping my wrist at work, a lump appeared had it checked out  thank god no fracture, but its a cyst that's gonna have to be taken care of due to where it was. weirdest part was the lump wasn't there this morning and we honestly thought it was a bone ... on top of that its my bday and that was not how I wanted to spend my after noon XD

Happy birthday :) Glad there's no fracture at least.

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
« Reply #669 on: May 16, 2018, 07:55:22 AM »
I'm hating how a lot of pictures I can't see on this board because I'm looking at this at work and they have blocked LOTS of pictures from various sites, especially Deviantart x.X and I look at this place at work because I can type much faster than on a laptop or phone/tablet ^_^""

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #670 on: May 17, 2018, 12:11:02 AM »
That moment when an apparently reputable academic wades into a controversial conversation about politics and decides to refer to it all as 'autistic hostility'.

Because that's entirely appropriate use of language. Not.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 17, 2018, 07:20:06 AM »
That moment when an apparently reputable academic wades into a controversial conversation about politics and decides to refer to it all as 'autistic hostility'.

Because that's entirely appropriate use of language. Not.

I don't even know what that phrase is supposed to mean.   :huh:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #672 on: May 17, 2018, 07:36:35 AM »
It's a phrase used in conflict studies to indicate a situation where two sides stop speaking to each other, refuse to engage and basically end up with worse relations.

However when used randomly without qualifier or explanation in a general discussion, it comes over in a totally other way.

I actually think the original term is offensive too, personally, but I can't do a lot about that.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 17, 2018, 01:17:22 PM »
It's a phrase used in conflict studies to indicate a situation where two sides stop speaking to each other, refuse to engage and basically end up with worse relations.

So..."The Silent Treatment"?

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 17, 2018, 07:01:43 PM »

However when used randomly without qualifier or explanation in a general discussion, it comes over in a totally other way.

I actually think the original term is offensive too, personally, but I can't do a lot about that.

Wow... Never heard that one before. IMO, that’s a seriously offensive term, in any context. :/
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal