collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467257 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #630 on: May 03, 2018, 04:40:56 PM »
I look younger than my actual age and sometimes am treated like a teenager/tween rather than as an adult by cashiers, sales clerks etc... I went in to a new jewelry store today and one of the sales associates acted like I was a teenager she even said “Let me know if we can help you, Sweetie” I know some people say “Sweetie” to everyone and I don’t mind it so much if it comes from a person I know well but it’s annoying when strangers say it to me.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 03, 2018, 04:59:40 PM »
I look younger than my actual age and sometimes am treated like a teenager/tween rather than as an adult by cashiers, sales clerks etc... I went in to a new jewelry store today and one of the sales associates acted like I was a teenager she even said “Let me know if we can help you, Sweetie” I know some people say “Sweetie” to everyone and I don’t mind it so much if it comes from a person I know well but it’s annoying when strangers say it to me.
Ponyfan

I hate when people use terms like that with strangers. I get the same kind of crap, but for different reasons. People assume that because I have a stilted gait I must have some sort of cognitive impairment. I get addressed with terms like "buddy", "chief", etc... by total strangers and it comes across as condescending, so I understand where you're coming from.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #632 on: May 04, 2018, 03:30:14 AM »
I also hate being called sweetie or love.

I also hate when my university departments either stop emailing me and find a go-between or start talking to me like I'm an idiot when I disclose that I have autism. I have trouble filling forms, but I'm a PhD student. I don't need to be spoken to in words of one syllable, and I don't need someone else to translate basic messages.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 04, 2018, 12:13:00 PM »
I wanted to mow the lawn, rained today so that is not gonna happen.

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #634 on: May 04, 2018, 12:45:06 PM »
Eczema, go away. I know I'm stressed out, you didn't need to show up to remind me :mad:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 04, 2018, 02:21:29 PM »
It took Panda Express 40 minutes to get my food.  And I still had to go back and ask them for my eggroll.  Gee, it's a good thing I have an hour lunch and Panda Express is only 10 minutes away (and ten minutes back)...

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 04, 2018, 07:27:51 PM »
I ordered from Panera Bread using a gift card I had. My mother picked up the order, and when she brought it home I found that whoever prepared it screwed up both of my sandwiches (I specifically asked for white cheddar for both and instead the sandwiches had American cheese). I called to complain and was advised I could either make the 20 minute trip back to Panera for a corrected order or settle for a gift card in the mail. I opted for the gift card. When my gift card didn't come in the next 3 days, I followed up and was advised they had run out of stamps earlier in the week and would likely receive the gift card in about another week. So now a week after I would have had my food (had the order been correct), I'm still waiting for the gift card.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 05, 2018, 09:14:05 AM »
I wish the sales people in a store would leave me alone.  They swarm up to me every time and talk and talk and ask question after question.  I want to shop in peace.  I find this extremely rude.  If i need help I will ask for it, just give me some space. Uggg  I think I know what I want to look at and I really do believe at my age I can figure out what size I need.  Go do your work!!

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 05, 2018, 09:34:46 AM »
I have eczema that can flare up when I’m stressed also or when I touch something I’m allergic to.  That new my  eczema exposed commercial drives me crazy. I don’t need to be reminded how ugly my eczema looks .

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 05, 2018, 10:07:11 AM »
I was putting on my pants for graduation and banged the section of my leg below the knee on the wooden end of my bed. Ouch! I think it'll be okay, but I've been having a lot of pain lately in my feet and knee, this did not need to be added!

|My Collection|

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 05, 2018, 02:44:41 PM »
I wish the sales people in a store would leave me alone.  They swarm up to me every time and talk and talk and ask question after question.  I want to shop in peace.  I find this extremely rude.  If i need help I will ask for it, just give me some space. Uggg  I think I know what I want to look at and I really do believe at my age I can figure out what size I need.  Go do your work!!

Agreed. I was at the grocery store the other day trying to decide what to buy to make my own Alfredo sauce. There were two ladies standing at a counter in the center of the display. One of the ladies behind the counter asked if she could help me find something. I said, "No, I'm just browsing." Then a couple minutes later the second lady asked the exact same question. It made me feel rushed, like they wanted me to pick up something and leave. I hate that!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 05, 2018, 04:11:18 PM »
I made some iced peppermint tea because it's oppressively hot today and it's made me feel a bit iffy. I thought mint was meant to settle your stomach, if anything. :/

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 05, 2018, 05:49:36 PM »
I made some iced peppermint tea because it's oppressively hot today and it's made me feel a bit iffy. I thought mint was meant to settle your stomach, if anything. :/

Hm... I drink a peppermint and spearmint combo tea all of the time, but have never tried it iced before. Somehow the thought of drinking it cold just makes me feel uneasy thinking about it.  :lol:

|My Collection|

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 05, 2018, 06:36:33 PM »
I got a slot with a tattoo artist I've been wanting a tattoo from for a couple years now, and yeah it's really expensive, but to me it will be well worth it. I wish when I told my friends, and I wish they could be excited for me too. Instead they just talked the whole thing down and said I was getting scammed and tried to refer me to their artists who work in a completely different style. I'm still super pumped but that kind of really put a damper on my good mood. As far as life long body art goes I'd rather pay top dollar for an artist who can work in the style I like than a fair price for someone who might struggle with it and botch it.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #644 on: May 06, 2018, 02:20:50 AM »
It's not enough that I have to deal with a runny nose due to pollenseason, keeping tissuepaper close at hand at all times, I also have to have a pimple inside my nosstril witch itches like crazy and everytime something touches my nose it feels like I've been punched. :pout:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal