collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466424 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #600 on: April 19, 2018, 10:09:58 PM »
When I biked to work yesterday I had a longsleeved shirt and my spring jacket on and I was sweating. I met people in t-shirts and shorts! In april! Of course when I went home from work, longsleeved shirt, jacket, beanie and gloves were much needed.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #601 on: April 20, 2018, 09:33:48 AM »
Sometimes having childhood collection ponies that the whole rest of the world go insane over is not a good thing.

Of the three Mountain Boys I had as a kid, only one of them is known to exist still MOC - IF you have like $1600 to spend.

I sympathise with all the people who had Mimic as a child and who now want to get her MOC. We're in the same boat.

No store sold non-Nirvana pony should ever be going over $1000 MOC for any reason, period.

Collector hype is such a pain.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 20, 2018, 09:55:11 AM »
My phone has been going off all day, it's about jobs so I guess it's a good thing but I'm already stressed out and all these calls about things, trying to work out my diary and prepare for several interviews is making things worse. :/

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #603 on: April 21, 2018, 08:56:02 AM »
Having a completely empty bank account and a pile of bills that are due is extremely stressful.

I'm trying to take on extra illustration work to make it in time but I'm so tired my eyes are literally closing on me while I draw T_T

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #604 on: April 21, 2018, 10:38:53 AM »
The lingerieshop where I get my bras has changed their sizecharts when it comes to sportsbras. When I walked in there today I met a former coworker working there. This girl was notorious for lying to customers and coworkers as well as trying to put us managers against each others at the movie theatre when I worked there. When being called out she tried to worm herself out with more lies. It was such a relief for all of us when she quit.

I commend her for coming up to serve me considering how much we argued and fought before. But, when I took out an old sportsbra and asked which size the equivalent is now, she said small. I am not a large person but I am nowhere near small in that area so I got suspicious and walked up to the register and showed the bra to the cashier and she went and got the right size which were not a small.. I am not sure if old coworker lied to me because of our history or if she just did it because it's how she is and I didn't say anything about her lies to the cashier but now I kind of wish I had.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 21, 2018, 11:11:26 PM »
Mid to high 80sF for the coming week. It's ten degrees hotter than it should be. I don't tolerate heat any more and if this keeps up it's going to be a long spring/summer. :shocked:

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 23, 2018, 12:58:41 PM »
I bought sliced cheese less than 10 minutes ago, intending to have it for my snack today, and when I opened the package, I discovered it is already moldy.  According to the expiration date, it should be fine until June.   :mad:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 23, 2018, 02:10:57 PM »
I get to do small parts pony inventory tomorrow, yay for a lot of things to go though.

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 23, 2018, 05:50:20 PM »
Oof. I'm atheist. My parents still make me go to church and practice Christianity though. The pastor found out I draw and wanted to see some examples and maybe even have me draw something for a handout. The most recent thing I've drawn was a girl with a crap ton of piercings in overalls and fishnet. I'm probably not the best fit lol. And I most likely wouldn't get paid. You can probably see why this is awkward and I don't want to do it! My parents will probably make me though. Not fun.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 23, 2018, 06:21:09 PM »
Oof. I'm atheist. My parents still make me go to church and practice Christianity though. The pastor found out I draw and wanted to see some examples and maybe even have me draw something for a handout. The most recent thing I've drawn was a girl with a crap ton of piercings in overalls and fishnet. I'm probably not the best fit lol. And I most likely wouldn't get paid. You can probably see why this is awkward and I don't want to do it! My parents will probably make me though. Not fun.

That is not ok to force a faith on anyone.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 24, 2018, 06:35:08 AM »

Sorry you have to deal with that. I'm so fortunate that my family really stopped being regular church-goers in my mid to late teens. They also stopped making me go those times they did go.

I'm so grateful for that because church was sooo boring for me as a kid. It also feels awkward going to church now that I don't believe it at all. It would have been a lot harder for me to hide my atheism if I was still forced/expected to to go to church.

Sorry you're stuck in that awkward situation. I don't know what I'd do.

|My Collection|

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 24, 2018, 07:04:06 AM »
Thanks :) I know it's not okay what they are doing, but there isn't much I can do without damaging my mom's mental health severely. Anyway, I hope it just kind of falls through. It's not fun having this in the back of my mind during state testing though :wacko:

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #612 on: April 25, 2018, 11:51:49 PM »
My university room is too hot.

Thats what comes of having huge windows that let in tons of sun but which for 'safety reasons' won't open -.-

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 26, 2018, 07:20:53 PM »
I hate snotty people. I was at the grocery store today, and headed to a checkout register. At first I missed a sign that said that particular register was closed. So when I headed to it the cashier says to me, "This line is closed due to training. You need to leave." Wouldn't the first sentence be sufficient without the snottily added second sentence?

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 27, 2018, 08:24:12 AM »
We might get snow Sunday, I have plants I want to move outside soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal