collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466066 times)

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #585 on: April 16, 2018, 02:04:23 PM »
I have the worst luck at shopping: I´ve bought the new t rex  from JW2 on ebay at the morning, then at night there is a listing with the price 25 less. :huh:

Offline beajjai033

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • "It will all be worth it in the end."
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 16, 2018, 06:00:41 PM »
I have the worst luck at shopping: I´ve bought the new t rex  from JW2 on ebay at the morning, then at night there is a listing with the price 25 less. :huh:

We are the same. I bought a bag and saw one a few days after at 20 less :lookround:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 17, 2018, 03:00:08 AM »
I shouldn't be complaining because it's an opportunity but seriously, who conducts a job interview on a Sunday?! I could've been in bed! It's done now anyway. I'll be lazy next weekend. :pout:

Well there's a movie I watched about a month ago that started with a couple people having job interviews on a Sunday. It turns out they were selected as unwitting test subjects to be locked in a bunker for a year and a half under the false pretense of a sudden nuclear war, and the research company needed a way to lure them to the bunker.

In that case, I'm going to be extra careful in future - thanks for the heads up! :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #588 on: April 17, 2018, 04:51:22 AM »
oh crap

but on the bright side, at this point I don't even have to bother with the laundry ...
Is the world going to end every 3-6 years? :/ it's BEEN  old now....

(P.S. not sure if that's a trivial complaint)

There's another end of the world theory on the horizon?! Kinda makes me wonder if these people ever thought to stop and enjoy their lives for a bit, instead of working out precisely how they're going to be cut short by rogue planets or ancient predictions. :lol:
The world's going to end on April 18th, 2018...supposedly
oh crap

but on the bright side, at this point I don't even have to bother with the laundry ...

I might postpone my laundry too, then...;) And delay writing my presentation paper. This paper is for a conference where I made a deal with a friend that I'd present if she handled all the navigating (it's in her country). And now I'm waiting to find out how I'm meant to get home as she's planning on flying back early to meet a deadline...

Arrived back in London yesterday. First my bank didn't want me to pay my rent (sorted now) and then today my toilet stopped flushing. (Also now fixed). It's as though nobody wants me to be back in London O.O.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #589 on: April 18, 2018, 07:43:47 AM »
I just bought a pony set from ebay for £18.65. On opening I discovered a "George at Asda" invoice inside for £12 and no evidence of the actual ebay seller. So it looks like they've taken my ebay order then placed their own with Asda for me! I could have done that myself! There was one left in stock when I ordered and there's still one left. I'm feeling duped.

*edit - I'm now feeling angry! I reckon it's against eBay policy to sell an item you don't have and then to order it from another shop?! I've contacted eBay and George at Asda by phone - neither seemed bothered so I've emailed too and reported the seller.

*edit again. It's called Drop Shipping and isn't exactly within ebay's rules but they don't do anything about it. Good to know :P Wonder if Asda will have the same thought.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:37:38 PM by Chrissytree »

Offline cookifaa

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 18, 2018, 02:22:43 PM »
i need to study but it takes too much effort.

and i've just eaten a whole tub of pringles to myself but i'm still hungry.

Post Merge: April 18, 2018, 02:26:05 PM

and i have a show on saturday and my mare has rolled and i cant be bothered to bring her home and bath her.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 02:26:05 PM by cookifaa »

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 18, 2018, 07:44:56 PM »
We might get another snow storm, they downgraded it to 1 to 3 inches instead of 3 to 5 inches. So slightly improved, but I just put my snow shovels away.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #592 on: April 19, 2018, 12:08:10 AM »
Just finnished a week long trial of eating painmeds to humour my Doctor. Seven days of painkillers morning and night did nothing to change anything. I knew it wouldn't. I told him it wouldn't. He still insisted. I just messaged him to let him know it didn't. I wonder what he will try next? I feel like a guinea pig..

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 19, 2018, 08:19:00 AM »
Went to the hospital today to get myself tested for PCOS. Turns out I have it which I dont mind. What I do mind is that my copper IUD was placed all wrong all this time even when my doctor assured me it was in the right place.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 19, 2018, 08:21:13 AM »
London, make up your mind what your freaking climate is already, please!

After really late freezing temperatures and snow, now it's 28 degrees (celsius)?

ITS ONLY APRIL.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 19, 2018, 08:56:52 AM »

After really late freezing temperatures and snow, now it's 28 degrees (celsius)?

ITS ONLY APRIL.

Too hot here too. My poor mare was so sweaty today after our ride, and it was in the "fresh" morning.
I do not like hot temperature, I want winter back :cry:

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 19, 2018, 08:59:03 AM »

ITS ONLY APRIL.

Too hot here too. My poor mare was so sweaty today after our ride, and it was in the "fresh" morning.

I made the mistake of walking from Tesco to Smyths in long sleeves on Tuesday. Not even making that mistake today. The road where I live is in full sun and walking up it to the shop, even, is not pleasant. So I have been inside doing academic work I needed to do instead. But yeesh. Guess it's a pan-European thing then??

London does get up to 30, 34 even in the summer...but this is April o.O. And we had snow a few weeks ago. I love Spring, but not hot weather -.-.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 19, 2018, 09:12:08 AM »
I do not know if it's the fluctuating weather, the flu bug that's going around or my period but I wish my body would hurry up and feel normal again! Sick and tired of being sick and tired...

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 19, 2018, 09:28:24 AM »
Well winter was rude for most of France (rain rain rain) and my mother who lives in the mountains is still under snow (who's not normal, as she's too south for this kind of weather now). But me, in the plain I got no spring, we jumped to summer!
The weather is completely crazy.

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 19, 2018, 09:18:10 PM »

ITS ONLY APRIL.

I made the mistake of walking from Tesco to Smyths in long sleeves on Tuesday. Not even making that mistake today. The road where I live is in full sun and walking up it to the shop, even, is not pleasant. So I have been inside doing academic work I needed to do instead. But yeesh. Guess it's a pan-European thing then??

London does get up to 30, 34 even in the summer...but this is April o.O. And we had snow a few weeks ago. I love Spring, but not hot weather -.-.

Welcome to my world! People have this image of Spring as being in between, but the more the climate is changing, the more heat is just taking it over.

This year has been a bit of an exception, I suppose. It snowed about two weeks ago. However, it was up into the mid 80s (around the 28 C you mentioned) in less than a week. The heat will now take over completely.

Where I live, a lot of areas where I walk outside are cut off from any breezes/air circulation varying on where the wind is blowing from, and it's just really made me more grouchy. If the sun is out and it's above 60F (about 15C) it can feel too warm for me. I know that sounds so silly because that temperature is so low, but when the sun is shining and there is no air circulation it is uncomfortable.

That's why I want it overcast and cooler. If I have to put on a jacket, it's so much better than walking in the sun with no breeze.

Oddly enough, most of today was a rare day where it was sunny, over 15C, and was actually comfortable. The breeze was consistent in most areas and was legitimately cool. I loved it.

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal