collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466692 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #450 on: January 23, 2018, 10:53:53 PM »
I have several small complaints. My manager sent me a text Monday, about him having to leave early yesterday as both wife and kids as well as himself are sick. Somehow it got lost on the way and landed in my phone yesterday evening after my shift ended. I don't know if it's his or my phone that's responsible for it, but it doesn't feel ok that a text take more than 24 hours to arrive.

Speaking off, we don't have a replacement for a coworker who quit still. We have an extra that can come in after class, meaning this week I get to eat by the register as I don't have anyone to cover my lunchbreak.

Yesterday I went to work in a crisp -14degree C (6,8F) beautiful winterlandscape. This morning there is a snowstorm and only -1,4 (29,48F), meaning the road is more or less like slush. Yaaaaaay! >_<

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 24, 2018, 02:54:00 PM »
I have several small complaints. My manager sent me a text Monday, about him having to leave early yesterday as both wife and kids as well as himself are sick. Somehow it got lost on the way and landed in my phone yesterday evening after my shift ended. I don't know if it's his or my phone that's responsible for it, but it doesn't feel ok that a text take more than 24 hours to arrive.

Our volunteer coordinator at work was having the same issue with her voicemail a couple months ago. She was getting voicemails a week after people left them. It was weird. I left her a message like, "So and so can't make it in to volunteer today." Then a week later she called me and said they aren't scheduled today. And I'd tell her I'd left her that message when the person was scheduled the previous week. She said it became an ongoing issue with her phone. It was resolved, but I'm not sure how.

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 24, 2018, 07:51:10 PM »
Four years ago I lent out a copy of one of my favorite books, and I still haven't gotten it back. The movie comes out Friday and I'd love to read the book again before I see it, but that won't happen unless my sister actually gives it back. I've been bugging her everyday for weeks now and yet no book.

Needless to say I won't be lending out books for a while due to trust issues.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 27, 2018, 07:26:01 AM »

Our volunteer coordinator at work was having the same issue with her voicemail a couple months ago. She was getting voicemails a week after people left them. It was weird. I left her a message like, "So and so can't make it in to volunteer today." Then a week later she called me and said they aren't scheduled today. And I'd tell her I'd left her that message when the person was scheduled the previous week. She said it became an ongoing issue with her phone. It was resolved, but I'm not sure how.

So weird. I just hope it doesn't happen again. This text was just a heads up for me to be prepaired but what if he sends something of more importance? Don't like it at all.

Four years ago I lent out a copy of one of my favorite books, and I still haven't gotten it back. The movie comes out Friday and I'd love to read the book again before I see it, but that won't happen unless my sister actually gives it back. I've been bugging her everyday for weeks now and yet no book.

Needless to say I won't be lending out books for a while due to trust issues.

I once got a call from my local library that a book with my name on it had been turned in. I practically lived in the library at the time and was grateful they saw the book was mine.. but it was the last time I lent out a book to anyone.

My complaint of the day: Went groceryshopping. The slush from wednseday has freezed and since none bothered to come and scrape it away the ground is almost impossible to walk on. Tiretracks from bikes and cars along with footprints makes the ground so uneven. Oh, they were nice enough to put gravel on it but it doesn't help with the uneveness. Thinking I had a problem walking? I am so impressed with the old man who dared go out with his walker! My heart beat so hard in my chest when I saw him take one tiny step at the time on that ice!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #454 on: January 27, 2018, 10:54:12 AM »

I once got a call from my local library that a book with my name on it had been turned in. I practically lived in the library at the time and was grateful they saw the book was mine.. but it was the last time I lent out a book to anyone.

I worked in a library for some years, and generally if a book isn't library property, some effort does go into finding where it belongs. If there's a name in it then we used to check the borrower register and then get in touch with that borrower to find out if it was theirs. Although usually they had brought back their own book by mistake, not someone else O.O. Any that weren't claimed ended up in the book sale though we did our best with lost books.

My trivial complaint. Dogs do not belong on bus seats. Dogs do not belong on the upper deck of buses, either.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #455 on: January 27, 2018, 12:35:30 PM »
Eta: might be too heavy for this thread.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 28, 2018, 01:46:42 PM »
Trivial complaint: Planning seat placements for the wedding dinner is turning out to be harder than I thought and I feel ridiculous for crying about it! :-(
And I still have to call my dad and tell him I'm getting married and he's not invited even though our relationship is better than ever and I know he really wan't to come.
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 28, 2018, 07:45:08 PM »
A couple of things:

1. I was hoping to get to see even a dusting of snow on campus before I graduated. However, I guess that's just too tall of an order. I have never seen a single snowflake fall since I've come here. Snow chances keep on appearing in the forecast but then vanish into thin air before the day comes. Now that we're going into February, the high temperatures will be more regularly in the 60s and all precipitation will be rain for sure. Goodbye, winter.  :sad:

2. I hate it when on iTunes (or other services, like Amazon) a song I want is only available if I purchase the whole album. I don't get enough iTunes cards to buy whole albums... Especially when they turn out to cost $40! Even a $9.99 album is well past my budget, though.

|My Collection|

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 29, 2018, 09:16:57 AM »
Ayyy lost an auction on something i really wanted  :huh:

Offline tornadoe

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 29, 2018, 11:44:05 PM »
My views on dating.

Don't bother. You get guys saying the same thing. Your profile looks great/ I live your profile, let's get to know each other. I'm looking for a genuine lady for a serious relationship...

I reply and then they vanish and never respond but stay on the site and look at your profile. If i dare to email again, I'm labelled as pushy and not genuine but if I reply with my side of the situation, I'm branded nasty.

It shouldn't bother me but it does. Been used as a doormat by many people including my dad who see me as not worth replying to and ok to waste my time.

Don't want yo go to work today. Stomach hurts and I want to cry. Life's really mot been kind recently.
Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen cloesly..

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 30, 2018, 05:20:42 AM »
Whyyyy were there only ever 13 episodes of The Flumps made???!!! I know I should count my lucky stars that it hasn't been given the CGI treatment but still. I need more Flumps in my life.

Offline tornadoe

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 30, 2018, 01:15:13 PM »
had another migraine. Thats two in 72 hours. Not fair.
Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen cloesly..

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #462 on: January 31, 2018, 09:08:50 AM »
Four weeks teaching completed. Payday is today. Have I been paid?...No.

I swear everything logistical relating to universities is very very bad.

Now to go rant at some people for my money.

Edit...and no sooner do I write that but IT APPEARED IN MY BANK ACCOUNT. Like it wasn't there AND THEN SUDDENLY IT WAS LIKE IT HEARD ME ABOUT TO COMPLAIN.

I feel like there are ghosts watching me now O.O
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:14:24 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 31, 2018, 10:50:17 AM »
Every time Windows 10 updates, it breaks something. I have to fire up the laptop and then restart it in order to use the taskbar. Just a bit counterproductive, Microsoft. Get it together - yeesh.

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 31, 2018, 11:06:07 PM »

I worked in a library for some years, and generally if a book isn't library property, some effort does go into finding where it belongs. If there's a name in it then we used to check the borrower register and then get in touch with that borrower to find out if it was theirs. Although usually they had brought back their own book by mistake, not someone else O.O. Any that weren't claimed ended up in the book sale though we did our best with lost books.

It is very appreciated :). Luckily for me I lived in a small town where the librarians new me by name. I was there so often I never needed my card even, as soon as they saw me come up to the desk they just put in my card number which they had learnt by heart. They often took books (not reserved ones tho) they thought I might enjoy and put them aside and when I was done they just put it in the pile with the rest. I loved that library! Unfortunaly it's not what it used to be and I haven't been there in years. -_-

Complaint of the day: bid on a pony and won Sunday, the first one I bought in years. I paid within minutes of winning and it's still not here! No words from the seller or nothing.. Stiff neck is making me extra cranky.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal