collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 465629 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #435 on: January 14, 2018, 07:47:56 PM »
When will I learn to stop being free tech support for my family?  :shakefist:

My sister asked me to do maintenance on her computer because it was running slow. It's basic stuff but somehow even if I write it down everyone always "forgets" how to do it.

Before clearing her browser history I asked if she had ALL her usernames and passwords written down in a physical place. Yes, she said.

Minutes later she came back to me and said she can't login to Facebook because she lost her password, how can she get a new one?   

"I asked you if you had that info!"
"Yeah, but not that one."

:argh:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #436 on: January 15, 2018, 02:57:25 AM »
When will I learn to stop being free tech support for my family?  :shakefist:

My sister asked me to do maintenance on her computer because it was running slow. It's basic stuff but somehow even if I write it down everyone always "forgets" how to do it.

Before clearing her browser history I asked if she had ALL her usernames and passwords written down in a physical place. Yes, she said.

Minutes later she came back to me and said she can't login to Facebook because she lost her password, how can she get a new one?   

"I asked you if you had that info!"
"Yeah, but not that one."

:argh:

Can relate. My Uncle got a new tablet for christmas and asked my Dad if he wanted the old one. Since Dad is always borrowing Mum's tablet, we all thought it a good idea for him to say yes. Of course, this arrived before I went back to London, and I had to help him set it up, and then answer all the questions - mostly from Mum, who should know the answer having one of her own, but just 'wanted to make sure'...sigh.

Happily since I came back to London, they seem to be figuring it out. Dad's just had minor surgery on his leg, so the tablet is keeping him amused. Happy ending...I hope.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #437 on: January 16, 2018, 03:31:21 PM »
I always have great plans to do house work/repairs on the weekend, but am always too tired and sore from the work week. So the house stays messy.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 16, 2018, 04:14:53 PM »
I hate that I am apparently the only person in the entire world that can park in the center of the parking space.  I was parked in the center of my spot, with ample space on both sides and the person who parked to the right of my vehicle parked OVER the line, leaving less than a foot of space between their car and mine, resulting in chipping the paint on my car when they exited their vehicle.  There are also two new very straight scratches along the top of the trunk of my car.  I had to fight VERY hard not to key their vehicle in retaliation.  Really, there is NO reason for anyone to be touching my vehicle. :enraged:

One of these days I might create a device that delivers 10,000 volts of electricity into anything that touches my car.  That'll teach them to keep their %&@# hands to themselves.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:54:43 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 16, 2018, 05:35:59 PM »
When my mom needs to use my phone for whatever reason, she never knows how to use it and has to ask me for help.

We own the same phone.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #440 on: January 17, 2018, 01:17:03 AM »
Facebook thinks I have too few friends and has locked my flow (is that what it's called in english?). I can see nine posts and then comes the note that I need new friends to see more. I can bypass it somewhat by going into each persons or groups personal wall and see what's been posted but in the long run, it's a rather annoying thing to have to do. I find it baffling that facebook prefer quantity over quality and I am in no mood to befriend random people just to see what my actual friends and family posts.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #441 on: January 17, 2018, 02:31:17 AM »
Because Diabetes, Trigeminus Neuralgia, Hashimoto, blablabla (I save my breath to include everything else here too) isnt enough : todays appointment gave me a bonus, yaaaaay... just got diagnosed with (intrinsically) Asthma. Sure why not. One more thing to worry. Come on, shove more on me, mooooore. I can surely handle it all. -_- soo fed up, soooooo fed up with it all.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 17, 2018, 05:15:16 AM »
Captchas on jobhunting websites. I want to send off an application and go looking for more opportunities, not waste ages clicking on pictures of street signs, only to have yet more pictures of street signs thrown at me. :pout:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #443 on: January 17, 2018, 03:31:12 PM »
My laptop.

So this laptop was given to me ostensibly to make my life easier at university. It doesn't.

Laptop (known as Fuyu, computers need names so you can yell abuse at them properly) has lived with me since I began my PhD in 2015. Fuyu is the Japanese word for winter, as she is snow white.

Since the start she has touchpad issues. It cuts out and freezes or gets stuck on zoom and zooms in and out unnecessarily.

She's also developed gradual decay of her keyboard function to the extent I had to get it replaced (of course, she began with the numbers I need to write about 12th century Japan and G1...) I aalso learned how many words unexpectedly use the letter Q.

When the keyboard was replaced, all her internal working was attached to the keyboard not the base. The guy who replaced her keyboard had to take her apart and completely rebuild her JUST to replace the keyboard. Weirdly, she worked better after that for a while. But now she's back to her old tricks.

She's also now crashing Word about 1 in seven attempts to add a reference. It's totally random. So far she hasn't lost any of my work, but meh.

Today at least I discovered a way to reset the touchpad that so far seems to be working, if annoying to have to do. My solutions up to this point had been to either hit the touchpad till it works again or turning the computer upside down and back again, both of which are completely ludicrous but for some reason work. It ought to be a hardware issue given that, but apparently the software reset works. I've had this computer almost 3 years. I only JUST learned that.

And yet I do not give up on her. This PC is my PhD PC. She WILL finish writing it with me O.O. Or else.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 19, 2018, 03:29:31 AM »
I thought I'd found one of the last two Pogles storybooks I needed to complete my collection, only to be contacted by the seller to say it'd already been sold and they couldn't find another copy of it.
Serves me right for collecting things that are ridiculously difficult to find. -_-

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 19, 2018, 08:06:20 PM »
I hate unscrupulous businesses. And we've dealt with several  at work this week:

My boss ordered some labor law posters a few days ago. Then on Wed, the company called and said the order had to be put on hold. They wanted us to spend additional money on additional posters. My boss reiterated multiple times to the rep that we weren't interested in any additional items. Finally the rep said they'd ship the order. The company called again today. Another rep gave me the same story. They put our order on hold, they needed to speak to my boss, etc... So my boss told me to cancel the order and have them mail our check back. I reiterated that to the rep. Who then said, "Oh I just realized we already sent your order."

We have a Postage Due account for returned mail. Last week, the post office notified us that the funds were getting low. Well they called again this week and said, "Your postage due account is low. We told you last week, and you people still haven't done anything about it." My boss pulls out her checkbook and said it was replenished several days before and she had the receipt to prove it. Come to find out they'd applied the payment to some other account. This is not the first time they'd called us about something and gotten nasty, only for it to turn out to be their own mistake.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 20, 2018, 09:40:41 AM »
I've been sitting in one position too long and now my leg is asleep. 

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 20, 2018, 02:17:47 PM »
I'm trying to write a fanfiction story. I can think up lots of ideas when I'm not trying to but when I sit down and try to write out the ideas I seem to lose them or they don't flow well.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 23, 2018, 04:45:24 AM »
This book I'm reading right now, started out with a perfectly logical conflict, then the central point of that conflict was turned into a big dramatic plot twist!!! And said twist is also a huge plot hole that you could drive an 18-wheeler through. I figured the plot was fairly solid for a mushy romance until that happened, so now I'm just pointlessly irritated when all I wanted to do was have a nice time reading something a bit trashy. :pout:

Offline Luxrayx

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 23, 2018, 01:27:54 PM »
The fact that shipping from Norway to USA apparently starts at 47$. I was going to try to sell some ponies, but now I'm not so sure I have the heart to tell people that shipping is ten times as expensive as the thing they're trying to buy :pout:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal