collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 464109 times)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #420 on: January 10, 2018, 06:31:46 PM »
My teachers have forgotten that we are human beings and have lives and have given us so much homework that I only finish when it is time to go to bed. I even had to read a book this morning for a quiz about a few chapters we had on it because I couldn't finish yesterday. I'm soooo tired I can barely keep my eyes open!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #421 on: January 11, 2018, 12:29:29 AM »
It is -15 degrees celcius outside and the cats are insisting firmly that they all want to go out on the balcony.. Fine, but after realising it is in fact really cold, they come in again, just to think it has become warmer and will try again a couple of minutes later. :nuts:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 11, 2018, 11:20:47 AM »
This going to sound really petty but I was looking at Christmas wrapping paper and there were two other people looking also. I found some I was interested in but it had been torn open and ripped. I said something about the paper being opened and the person I was with starting helping me look for more of that paper. The other two people suddenly grabbed the last roll of paper of the design I was looking for. Its not that they grabbed the roll of paper, they were there first,  but they made a big deal about getting the paper , announcing loudly that they got it.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 11, 2018, 02:30:32 PM »
This going to sound really petty but I was looking at Christmas wrapping paper and there were two other people looking also. I found some I was interested in but it had been torn open and ripped. I said something about the paper being opened and the person I was with starting helping me look for more of that paper. The other two people suddenly grabbed the last roll of paper of the design I was looking for. Its not that they grabbed the roll of paper, they were there first,  but they made a big deal about getting the paper , announcing loudly that they got it.

Ponyfan

Hey it is the trivial complaints thread :). Plus, I don't think that's petty. I'd be annoyed too.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #424 on: January 11, 2018, 02:55:13 PM »
What is with people who clearly see you on the sidewalk, yet head straight for you?  Just????  Do they think I am a mirage they can walk through?  Do they expect me to grow wings and fly away before they collide with me?

See also:  People who walk in the middle of the sidewalk so there is no room to get around them, instead of picking the left or right and sticking to it.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #425 on: January 11, 2018, 03:38:17 PM »
What is with people who clearly see you on the sidewalk, yet head straight for you?  Just????  Do they think I am a mirage they can walk through?  Do they expect me to grow wings and fly away before they collide with me?

They expect you to move first.

Take up a tackle position, assert dominance :sly:

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 11, 2018, 04:57:49 PM »

See also:  People who walk in the middle of the sidewalk so there is no room to get around them, instead of picking the left or right and sticking to it.

Yea people are the same way with their grocery carts in the grocery store.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 12, 2018, 05:08:37 AM »

So much this! People staring at smartphones are a nightmare as well, when they go swerving diagonally across the pavement. Tackling them just on principle feels veeeery tempting. :devious:

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 12, 2018, 06:39:26 AM »

What I get annoyed with is when there are two people walking together taking up the whole sidewalk and one of them doesn't move to let me stay on the sidewalk.

People are so inconsiderate.

|My Collection|

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 12, 2018, 04:56:14 PM »
Once a lady in the grocery store wasn't paying attention and slammed into my basket.  Then she had the nerve to yell at me for hitting her. I was all the way on the side of the isle mind you. I was still because I saw her coming and had no place to go.  I let her slam into me because I had a stack of people behind me and the right side was waiting for her to get her act together.  She got in my face and yelled at me.  :pout:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:58:08 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 13, 2018, 04:56:17 AM »
I really want to get stuck into these super tasty cheese and onion rolls but I can't have lunch until my housemate gets back from work, because we're meant to be having some kind of little party together.
I might go and sneak one from the fridge anyway. It's my birthday, I can do whatever I want! XD

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 13, 2018, 02:17:50 PM »
I've been restarting my X Pokemon Game so that I can breed a bunch of scatterbugs that will evolve into the various forms of vivillon and save them in my Pokemon bank for use in future games.  However, I am annoyed to find that there are going to be six forms that I will be unable to breed in my game (assuming that the various websites--all of which have some variations--are correct) and will have to trade for them.  I had wanted to have a game where my characters were all named after Disney characters and have my guy named Walt, just for fun.  Now I won't get to have all the vivillons with Disney names unless I arrange to have someone name some special for me.

And I'm running out of names to use with my starters because I keep getting females!  I am going to have to convince myself that the pokemon don't have to resemble the Disney character...but I am going to have a Furfrou named Georgette.  :lol:

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 14, 2018, 03:33:09 PM »

I've had this issue before at my local mall, where I would have to dodge people. Now I make odd eye contact and they move lol.

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 14, 2018, 03:57:48 PM »
I lost hours of sleep due to being a little sick and having some pretty severe heartburn. Essentially I had a pretty bad sinus headache and then that heartburn. My body would not fall asleep! So frustrating!

Thankfully this is a three day weekend, and today is a Sunday, so I didn't have any obligations... But still. Anytime I try to lay down the heartburn comes back. I don't know what to do about it. My mom tells me to use cough drops... But I don't know.

On top of that I woke up to the living room being really warm and muggy. I was having cold shivers overnight as a result of being sick so I thought it might not actually be warm and it was just because I am sick, but I do have a thermometer in there and could verify that it was actually much warmer than it was the day before. Usually this happens when it warms up outside, but it was well below freezing this morning and didn't get out of the 40s for a high so that doesn't make any sense. Yesterday it was so cold, I actually had to turn on my heater!

I've come to the conclusion that somehow one of the neighbors has left their heater on too long and it has somehow come over here, but I've never really had that happen before. So it's still kind of a mystery to me. I really hope this is not a trend. I had to turn my air conditioner on for a while even though it was 40 degrees outside.

|My Collection|

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 14, 2018, 04:43:02 PM »
I hope you feel better soon Harmonie! Heartburn stinks.

My complaint is that nail polish never sticks to my nails. Ever. It's the reason I don't wear it. I used to, but it would chip off completely in a couple of days. I was getting out all my glittery nail polish for the flimsy wing photo derby to make some props and saw a base coat hiding in the back. I got it because I thought it would stick, but then I guess I forgot about it. I put two coats on yesterday (first time I have worn nail polish in years) and it did pretty well yesterday. I only put the base coat on and no color on top though because I am weird I guess lol XD There was only one little scratch on my thumb. Today it is peeling off like a bad peel off base coat in sizes of one of Peachy's hearts or less. I wonder why no polish will every stick to my nails! Maybe it's my ph in my nails reacting with the polish or something? Who knows.
I would buff my nails to get them rough so the polish would stick but buffing files away the layers of your nail and damages it. I also don't have access to gel polish.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal