collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466506 times)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #390 on: December 21, 2017, 04:29:28 AM »
I finally got round to restringing my violin and the E sounds like it's been smoking about 500 Woodbines daily for the last 20 years. I'm hoping it's just me going overboard with the rosin on the bow; I've no intention of mucking about with another set of strings just yet - not after that palaver! :drunk:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 23, 2017, 03:10:26 PM »
I had this really obnoxious lady come into my work yesterday. We have a gift shop of donated items for our animal shelter. In the shop we had these finger pianos retailed at $51.00 each (they're merchandise from a store that went out of business, and are new not used). We had a sale for 30% off. We have chart for our volunteer cashiers that shows how much to take off for each dollar amount to save them time. Anyway, this lady sees the 30% off sign and the chart, and tells me she thought the finger pianos were only $15.30 (that's the dollar amount the chart said should be taken off).

So when I told her that the total after the 30% discount was $73.50 for two of the pianos, she had a fit. She started saying how she donates all her cans and bottles to our shelter, was taking a bunch of donated items to our shelter, her sister-in-law is leaving us thousands of dollars in her will, and insinuates that we therefore owe her special pricing (Btw: I don't know any of those 3 things to be true). She goes on and on about how the items have sat for a year unsold (which is true), and they'll just sit and collect dust if I don't give them to her at $10.00 apiece.

I had a mountain of work to do before the holidays, and just wanted her to just go away. So I said, "fine", and regretted it later. I hate people who carry themselves with a sense of entitlement.

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 24, 2017, 04:15:01 AM »
A combination of my period and a cold is making this a rather uncomfortable Christmas eve.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 24, 2017, 02:34:22 PM »
I had this really obnoxious lady come into my work yesterday. We have a gift shop of donated items for our animal shelter. In the shop we had these finger pianos retailed at $51.00 each (they're merchandise from a store that went out of business, and are new not used). We had a sale for 30% off. We have chart for our volunteer cashiers that shows how much to take off for each dollar amount to save them time. Anyway, this lady sees the 30% off sign and the chart, and tells me she thought the finger pianos were only $15.30 (that's the dollar amount the chart said should be taken off).

So when I told her that the total after the 30% discount was $73.50 for two of the pianos, she had a fit. She started saying how she donates all her cans and bottles to our shelter, was taking a bunch of donated items to our shelter, her sister-in-law is leaving us thousands of dollars in her will, and insinuates that we therefore owe her special pricing (Btw: I don't know any of those 3 things to be true). She goes on and on about how the items have sat for a year unsold (which is true), and they'll just sit and collect dust if I don't give them to her at $10.00 apiece.

I had a mountain of work to do before the holidays, and just wanted her to just go away. So I said, "fine", and regretted it later. I hate people who carry themselves with a sense of entitlement.

You need to put up a sign that says "Putting up with your bad attitude carries a $100 charge." and then actually enforce it for people like her.  ;)

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 24, 2017, 04:07:59 PM »

You need to put up a sign that says "Putting up with your bad attitude carries a $100 charge." and then actually enforce it for people like her.  ;)

LOL, that'd be great :)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 24, 2017, 04:43:20 PM »
I pre-ordered an anime series on blu-ray in a set with a bunch of extras (art book, posters, etc.) and it was supposed to arrive 12/18 with some other things I'd ordered but it wasn't in the box.  The packing slip said that it was supposed to be in there so I contacted the company I ordered it from and it took them three days to get back to me and now they're on vacation for the holidays--and I still have to prove to them that they didn't send it to me.  So even though I ordered it more than a month before it was due out I won't get it until at least a month after it was released.  And everyone else who got it is raving about how wonderful the set is.  I want my show darnit!

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 24, 2017, 10:45:30 PM »
I pre-ordered an anime series on blu-ray in a set with a bunch of extras (art book, posters, etc.) and it was supposed to arrive 12/18 with some other things I'd ordered but it wasn't in the box.  The packing slip said that it was supposed to be in there so I contacted the company I ordered it from and it took them three days to get back to me and now they're on vacation for the holidays--and I still have to prove to them that they didn't send it to me.  So even though I ordered it more than a month before it was due out I won't get it until at least a month after it was released.  And everyone else who got it is raving about how wonderful the set is.  I want my show darnit!

Uggh...Yeah that's one of the big negatives this time year. Businesses are busier, which likely means more errors and then it's harder to get things resolved because of reduced hours/closed days due to the holidays. I hope they get it sorted out for you.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 24, 2017, 11:04:35 PM »

Uggh...Yeah that's one of the big negatives this time year. Businesses are busier, which likely means more errors and then it's harder to get things resolved because of reduced hours/closed days due to the holidays. I hope they get it sorted out for you.

I'm just glad it was something for myself and not supposed to be a gift for someone.  Otherwise I would have had to find something else extremely last minute.

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 28, 2017, 03:21:32 PM »
People who say the are going to pay for stuff but on the day they say they are going to pay you, you get a message saying "Can you hold the stuff alittle longer?" Have had it happen 3 times in the last month and inevitably they just disappear wasting my time yet again. Why can't people just do what they say they are going to do?

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #399 on: December 29, 2017, 12:46:14 AM »
I have thoroughly spooked myself reading about prions. Why do I do these things.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #400 on: December 29, 2017, 10:10:38 PM »
My oldest cat came walking after eating, sat beneath the christmastree beside me and pooped on the carpet, then walked away like it was nothing. :blink:

Offline SunbeamV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 29, 2017, 10:46:32 PM »
This week between various December holidays and New Years sucks. Feels like time has slowed to an absolute crawl and nobody knows what to do with themselves because we have to wait a couple more days to start improving our lives.

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 29, 2017, 11:12:31 PM »
My oldest cat came walking after eating, sat beneath the christmastree beside me and pooped on the carpet, then walked away like it was nothing. :blink:

Sounds like your cat was trying to make a statement.

I won a Visa gift card, and decided to treat myself to some new clothes. After a couple hours of looking at items on Ebay, I figured out what I wanted, loaded the shopping cart feature, and went to checkout. Well, it turns out I can't use my gift card as a method of payment through PayPal.

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #403 on: December 30, 2017, 06:15:34 AM »
I’m feeling useless and defeated.
Having cramps and just want to sleep.
Worried that I will never be a productive member if society and just burden those I love.

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 30, 2017, 08:33:05 AM »
I’m feeling useless and defeated.
Having cramps and just want to sleep.
Worried that I will never be a productive member if society and just burden those I love.

:hug:  Just Keep Swimming, sweetie!  One day you'll find that thing you love to do and you will use it to contribute to society and you will do it with style and grace. As Miss Frizzle says: Take chances, make mistakes and get messy!  Your life is going to take its own path and even though it's hard not to (sometimes really really really hard not to!), you can't compare it to someone else's path.  Your path with take you to amazing places and experiences if you let it so keep your head up and your eyes open.  You never know what you might see.  Like the song says: Sometimes things looks bad. Then *poof* the moment is gone! And what do we do?  We just keep swimming on.... (these lyrics are from Finding Nemo: The Musical) :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal