collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 463986 times)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #225 on: August 31, 2017, 01:32:08 PM »
Did you have to take my bike away from me, Mr. Bike Thief? :(

That is totally rubbish SDS :(

The bank decided that it was suspicious behaviour that I was buying craft supplies (from my usual supplier, which I visit and buy online from on a regular basis) and so blocked my card. What made it worse is the bank called me as well as texting me and they also left a suspicious voice mail. When I tried to call them to sort it out, the service wouldn't work as my phone number didn't match the one they had on record, even though I was calling them on the phone I have listed as my phone number and their computer is supposed to recognise it???..... I ended up reporting my own bank to themselves for fraud and suspicious behaviour! Turns out they had a glitch as well as lag at their end, so the system was behind. They still couldn't explain why my phone number didn't work, even though it was correct. I now have no confidence that I'll ever be able to use my card again or that I trust my banks anti-fraud system, especially since I was behaving as normal!!!

I have also lost my camera battery charger. I have turned the craft room, office and garage upside down and it's like it's vanished into thin air. So I've had to spend £50 to get a replacement :( I've not had the camera for that long either. I guess it must have got lost when I decorated the craft room.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #226 on: September 07, 2017, 12:33:19 PM »
I have all the ideas in my head to write my academic paper. I have them in my head but as soon as I try to type them out they turn into nonsense. Why can I not submit my brain for review instead...?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BabyBlueberry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 07, 2017, 08:57:56 PM »
Trivial First World Problem #1 - my favorite author on my favorite fanfiction site hasn't updated her story yet. WAH!
TFWP #2 - all the ponies I want would add up to about double next week's paycheck - which has to go to bills.
TFWP # 3 - the BJD I want is going off sale before I can buy him. POO!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 08, 2017, 03:42:03 AM »
This week, my kid had an "inset day" (day off school for teacher-training or something...) so I decided to take her to London.

She has always wanted to see inside the Natural History Museum and really wanted to see the blue whale exhibit; I told her it would be HUGE (and it was!) however, she was so unimpressed at how much smaller it was than she expected...  :shocked: no pleasing some people!  :sad:

The, she *really* wanted to go to the downstairs cafe ??  :blink: because it seemed so interesting... she made me drink most of her hot chocolate...

Then moaning that there were too many steps... and so much walking...

Anyway, a quick Tube trip to Leicester Square later and two large tubs of pick-a-brick Lego and the trip was finally a success! She even snuck in a couple of character heads in her tub (saw on the floor next to pick-a-brick section) and the guy at the till gave her a free Ninjago set to make at home!

She *almost* fell asleep on the train home so I was rather pleased that she had worn herself out  :devious: 

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 08, 2017, 05:20:48 PM »
Renewed my drivers license and it cost me $33 (I'm in the States). That's highway robbery! Add in two other bills I had to pay. Money in and money out,being an adult and adulting all the things sucks.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 09, 2017, 12:50:48 PM »
Renewed my drivers license and it cost me $33 (I'm in the States). That's highway robbery! Add in two other bills I had to pay. Money in and money out,being an adult and adulting all the things sucks.

Yikes!  I have to renew mine soon and if I renew online it's only $20. 

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 09, 2017, 01:19:49 PM »

Yikes!  I have to renew mine soon and if I renew online it's only $20.

After getting married I had to change my name on my UK driving licence - but I think that was free. Renewals are approx £21.

Passports - to do that I need to pay for a renewal which is over £72  :enraged:  but if I carry on using my old one I can only book travel abroad in my old maiden name - - - which has not applied to me for a few years now anyway because I have not been abroad since my honeymoon  :lol:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 09, 2017, 01:35:17 PM »
Money in and money out,being an adult and adulting all the things sucks.

This is truth on such a level that I would gladly have it rendered in cross-stitch format and framed on the wall! :D

And also to add to the trivial complaints, I got started on a comic page this afternoon, had an idea for the layout that would make it a bit more interesting (wavy panels for an underwater scene with the text flowing between them) then got completely stuck for engaging imagery to put in said panels. -_-

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 09, 2017, 09:24:34 PM »
I wish I could take down all the stuff I have in storage on my own, and sort through it whenever I want. Ugghhh.

Or better yet, somebody near me should sell their house so I can have my brother's room and not have to have all of my things in storage!!
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 11, 2017, 11:57:53 AM »
Just household chores, you get ten things done, twenty more things need doing.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #235 on: September 12, 2017, 09:30:29 AM »
I really want pizza but everything is closed :pizza:

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 12, 2017, 10:11:04 AM »
Stupid Albert Heijn*!!! :enraged: Lately they've been throwing out so many good things, two things in particular bother me very much. Two(!) different types of catfood that my cats loved and was affordable, and delicious chocolate seashells that were also super cheap. And do they offer an alternative? Of course not! >_<

*Dutch supermarket

Also, why do pictures of bigger women have to be such a trigger? :( I sometimes check Primark's instagram to see what's new, and today they posted a picture of a bigger woman in one of their pajama sets. The comments are so hurtful (one of the reasons I don't do social media myself)... Everybody has an opinion about HER, instead of the clothes, this doesn't happen with pictures of thin women. It's all about the clothes then. I understand and agree that obesity is not healthy, but people seem to see a real danger in finding big women beautiful, because it's "promoting obesity". Well thanks, I'm not going to lose my fat any sooner if I'm being punished for it, you know? We want to be beautiful too, like any woman of any shape. :(

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 12, 2017, 10:26:56 AM »
I hate that, too Broken Irishwoman.  But I'd be willing to bet that most people making those comments are male, live in their mother's basements and weigh at least twice what the woman in the picture weighs.  People feel a need to put others down in order to make themselves feel better and they always have the worst comments to say about people who have faults that they're afraid people will find out that they share.  If anyone is so shallow that they'll judge you (or anyone else) based solely on looks, they're not worth your time.

And being "fat" doesn't necessarily mean that  you're unhealthy.  Each physical body type processes and handles weight differently.  For example, my sister has always been a stick figure.  She was a cheerleader in high school.  When she got pregnant the first time, her body put on weight too fast and she's had health problems ever since.  On the other hand, I've always been heavier because I have my dad's build, not my mom's. but I don't have all the health issues that she has.  I don't have back problems, I don't have high cholesterol, I don't have diabetes, I don't have migraines on a daily basis.

And that whole BMI measurement thing is a crock.  While my brother was in the army he had one of his buddies do his BMI and at 2% body fat was declared morbidly obese.  As long as you're healthy and happy for you, that's all that matters.  Screw the trolls!

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 14, 2017, 11:23:14 AM »
You're so right! :) It's like everyone has an opinion about everybody else's body, but with a totally screwed up perspective... I guess it's just a human trait, as sad as that is!

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 14, 2017, 11:38:58 AM »
It is a pity that society seems to be so focused on people being a certain way that they feel they have to fit into that perspective. It is sad. And unnecessary. Being unique is awesome. It is a pity that many people cannot see that.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal