collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466055 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #195 on: August 09, 2017, 08:35:55 AM »
When you explain in detail to a disability assessor why you can't use the telephone for live calling, and she tells you if you have questions you can call the helpline number...

When you place an online enquiry to a store and state that you don't use the phone and they call the number on your record anyway...

When a store randomly makes a typo in its records and starts sending text messages about products addressed to Keith to your mobile phone...

Sigh.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 10, 2017, 12:49:30 AM »
I just found out the hard way that (probably all of) my little polystone statues are actually hollow. :| First I dropped a toadstool. It broke, and it turned out to be completely hollow. Last night a seagull fell (probably by itself, it isn't the first time it acted up, it lost a part of its tail last time), it broke, and it also turned out to be completely hollow.

This is probably common knowledge, but I really didn't know. I've collected little polystone statues for years (mostly forest things, like toadstools and animals), and I never doubted that they were solid. Not that it matters much, but it makes them harder to repair if they fall, and somehow I feel cheated. XD

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2017, 04:44:37 PM »
I get so tired of dealing with rude, impatient people:

We had a lady show up at our office with some baby squirrels she'd found. My boss advised her that since we don't have a wildlife person (we're a cat and dog shelter after all), she'd see if she can find contact info for a wildlife rehabilitator. The lady got all nasty saying she wasn't going to spend all day on the phone, and my boss said "I'm not asking you to. I'll make the call, I just have to finish giving a dog his medication." The lady asked how long it'll take, my boss advised her it'd be a few minutes. And the lady starts loudly sighing, saying, "I should have just left them out along the road," and stormed out the door. A rehabilator picked up the squirrels, but what is wrong with people? The lady was was so obnoxious. It's not like the squirrels were injured and needed immediate attention.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 11, 2017, 07:08:01 AM »
I get so tired of dealing with rude, impatient people:

We had a lady show up at our office with some baby squirrels she'd found. My boss advised her that since we don't have a wildlife person (we're a cat and dog shelter after all), she'd see if she can find contact info for a wildlife rehabilitator. The lady got all nasty saying she wasn't going to spend all day on the phone, and my boss said "I'm not asking you to. I'll make the call, I just have to finish giving a dog his medication." The lady asked how long it'll take, my boss advised her it'd be a few minutes. And the lady starts loudly sighing, saying, "I should have just left them out along the road," and stormed out the door. A rehabilator picked up the squirrels, but what is wrong with people? The lady was was so obnoxious. It's not like the squirrels were injured and needed immediate attention.

It's just hard being the only person on the planet with no one to cater to her every need.

Post Merge: August 11, 2017, 10:42:28 AM

UGH...I hate that my boss is such a drama queen.  I got an email this morning saying "You need to do such and such because it hasn't been done."  Of course it hasn't been done, I've been on vacation and haven't gotten to it yet this morning!  I got an email just before I went on vacation from him saying that I'd had something in my office since April and it needed to get out because it was a special request blah blah blah and I had to tell him that I'd only had it for two days because the director had to order in a special case for it and then I had to create artwork (from scratch, I might add) to fit the case before we could move it along and it was on it's way to the next step already.    :pullhair:

If it's so darned important that it be done this exact second why doesn't he do it himself?  It isn't like I sit in my office with my thumb up my butt all day.  I actually have 53 DVDs that need new artwork (and I can't find decent replacements online) and some of them have been waiting since March because they don't have holds on them and I keep getting more that do have holds so the others have had to wait.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 10:42:28 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #199 on: August 11, 2017, 12:06:25 PM »
I just found out the hard way that (probably all of) my little polystone statues are actually hollow. :| First I dropped a toadstool. It broke, and it turned out to be completely hollow. Last night a seagull fell (probably by itself, it isn't the first time it acted up, it lost a part of its tail last time), it broke, and it also turned out to be completely hollow.

This is probably common knowledge, but I really didn't know. I've collected little polystone statues for years (mostly forest things, like toadstools and animals), and I never doubted that they were solid. Not that it matters much, but it makes them harder to repair if they fall, and somehow I feel cheated. XD

I'd feel cheated too, stuff should be solid! 

I had a porcelain carousel horse fall and shatter, reminding me one of the things I like about ponies.  Unbreakable toys are best for me.

My neighbor came over today (1st time this has happened since I moved here, but I knew her already) and asked my friend and I to move our cars. When my friend went out, he said she told him to not park in their yard (but didn't fuss at me when she came to the door). I of course apologized and we moved everything but I just feel like such a jerk ugh!

It was just parked in the street, they were mowing the ditch. I would have parked in my own driveway but my boyfriend had parked his car in front of the gate so he could mow our yard and I couldn't get it in  :( Now I'm thinking about all the times my other friend may have parked on their side instead and I feel awful. I guess they consider the whole ditch to be theirs even though about 1 car width of space is on my side?

Parking makes people crazy!

Now that I work 6 days a week for a mere 30 hours of pay, I've been having trouble falling asleep and am starting to have trouble getting up and running late for work.

Today was my only sleep-in day in the last two weeks to try and catch up, but I woke up early after like 5 hours of sleep and couldn't get back to sleep.

I'll probably be fired soon if I don't get on top of this.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:43:59 AM by Kiwi »

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #200 on: August 13, 2017, 12:22:21 AM »
Woke up 8 am by the door bell. When I came to the door no one was there, but the automatic sensorlamp was on indicating I had not been dreaming. Of course I couldn't go back to sleep afterwards.. Today is my last day of vacation and I really wanted to sleep in. Bummer.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #201 on: August 17, 2017, 01:18:41 PM »
This is a really stupid and trivial twitch but it really drives me nuts.
When people create Japanese character names, technique names, usernames and don't use the Japanese properly. I have about had my fill of google translate names for Bleach swords and awkward jamming together of Japanese words looked up in a dictionary and forced together.

It is absolutely none of my business and totally trivial, but it really drives me insane.

I think the killer for me was on another forum when someone glued together the words hitori and ookami in an attempt to make 'lone wolf'. But hitori = one person, so basically they made a one person wolf ;)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2017, 01:48:39 AM »
For some reason, too many cars parked on the street in my area has become a real problem. It didn't used to be like this, but it suddenly got really bad in the last year or so. We live in a double cul-du-sac, and so there is only one way in or out of this area. If that street is blocked, everyone on my street is just trapped in here.   It used to not be an issue that a few people would park along that street, but I think one of the local apartment complexes did something to force a lot of people to park elsewhere.  Now the street is always completely packed with cars.  I see people dropping other people off at their cars all the time, and both sides of the street are always completely full and hard to navigate.  Due to this, the street is now too narrow for more than one car at a time to drive down it, and it's become a real issue to get in and out.  If someone comes from the opposite direction while you're in the middle of the gauntlet, it becomes a game of "who's going to back up and let the other person through?".  People also double park while they drop their friends off and chat, so sitting around waiting for some double parked jerk to finish their conversation has become a thing now.

Also, my next door neighbor is basically running their own private tenement complex.  They turned their garage into an illegal 2 bedroom apartment, and they rent out the rooms in the house to I don't even know how many people.  We have no idea who lives there(occasionally the cops come by looking for someone, and I'm never able to help them with that because it's impossible to keep track), or even how many people live there, but they all have cars.  So, so many cars, and boy do they all love to park in front of our house!  It's gotten so we can't even put out our trash cans to be picked up anymore since there's always a ton of cars parked in front of our house.  On trash day, I hang around outside to see if someone leaves long enough for me to get the garbage cans out.  Even then sometimes they'll move them onto the sidewalk where they don't get picked up so they can park in front of our house.   You can't see to back out of the driveway if they've parked one of their larger cars in front of the house, and my husband already had one accident because of that.

Offline Luxrayx

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 18, 2017, 03:52:58 AM »
I'm having a birthday party this year, but none of my friends want to tell me what their favorite snacks are. No, I won't just do whatever I want to do because I can't be happy unless you are. Modesty isn't helpful  >_<

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 18, 2017, 01:08:19 PM »
For some reason, too many cars parked on the street in my area has become a real problem. It didn't used to be like this, but it suddenly got really bad in the last year or so. We live in a double cul-du-sac, and so there is only one way in or out of this area. If that street is blocked, everyone on my street is just trapped in here.   It used to not be an issue that a few people would park along that street, but I think one of the local apartment complexes did something to force a lot of people to park elsewhere.  Now the street is always completely packed with cars.  I see people dropping other people off at their cars all the time, and both sides of the street are always completely full and hard to navigate.  Due to this, the street is now too narrow for more than one car at a time to drive down it, and it's become a real issue to get in and out.  If someone comes from the opposite direction while you're in the middle of the gauntlet, it becomes a game of "who's going to back up and let the other person through?".  People also double park while they drop their friends off and chat, so sitting around waiting for some double parked jerk to finish their conversation has become a thing now.

Also, my next door neighbor is basically running their own private tenement complex.  They turned their garage into an illegal 2 bedroom apartment, and they rent out the rooms in the house to I don't even know how many people.  We have no idea who lives there(occasionally the cops come by looking for someone, and I'm never able to help them with that because it's impossible to keep track), or even how many people live there, but they all have cars.  So, so many cars, and boy do they all love to park in front of our house!  It's gotten so we can't even put out our trash cans to be picked up anymore since there's always a ton of cars parked in front of our house.  On trash day, I hang around outside to see if someone leaves long enough for me to get the garbage cans out.  Even then sometimes they'll move them onto the sidewalk where they don't get picked up so they can park in front of our house.   You can't see to back out of the driveway if they've parked one of their larger cars in front of the house, and my husband already had one accident because of that.

Ugh.  Can you paint the curb outside your house red so nobody will park there?  :devious:

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #205 on: August 18, 2017, 04:04:08 PM »
Pardon my input, but:

I'm thinking a written complaint to the city with some fotos including your trash cans being pushed up onto the sidewalk and showing the lack of ability to safely pull out of your driveway, along with complaints to the garbage company, are the things to do. 

It's a safety hazard on multiple levels and not fair to the residents.  The governing agencies have a duty to mitigate it.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 18, 2017, 06:35:03 PM »
Getting a can of red paint and "fixing" the problem myself has crossed my mind more than once:p 

Unfortunately, I live in a large city with too little money, and they don't have the resources or the interest to do much about minor parking problems.  Legally, anyone is allowed to park there as it's a public street.  Even if I could get someone out here to do something, there's not much they can do about the cars as long as they're not blocking the driveway.  The next door neighbor's completely illegal renter situation has been reported to the police by multiple neighbors.  Everybody knows about it, and everybody hates it.  It's been years, and they've still done nothing.  The code violations alone should be enough to shut the place down.  It's the most extreme DIY project house you'll ever see.  At this point, I doubt it's even legal to sell that house without major renovations to fix all the crazy stuff they've done in there. 

It's hard to get the city to come out even for some bigger things.  It took almost 3 years of constant calls from multiple neighbors to deal with an abandoned house that was being used as a major pot growing house.  It's not a bad or unsafe neighborhood, but there just aren't the resources for any of this minor/moderate stuff.  The city can generally be counted on for the big stuff(major crime, trees/power lines down, etc), but the small stuff is up to us to deal with.

I'm still glad I don't live in an HOA neighborhood though:p  The parking problems are annoying, and my next door neighbors may have created their own slum lord kingdom, but at least I'm not paying $400 per month to have a bunch of people tell me what color I can paint my house.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 19, 2017, 08:36:26 AM »
The very definition of a first world problem, but last Tuesday evening, a thunderstorm moved through and knocked out my power for maybe one second. Of course, I was so happy that my power came back on. But one thing didn't, my internet. :cry:

I thought "Okay, I'll give it some time. I'm sure it'll come back." However, after waking up the next morning, resetting my modem again and it still being down, my mom told me I should call the company. So I did that, thinking that they'd probably just tell me that there is an outage and they're working on it. Instead, I got the news that something had gone wrong with my connection from the outside and my modem, as well. =/ And then I was told that they would have to come and fix it, and that would not be until the 23rd, an entire week away from the call.

I, not being able to survive without internet (I've been addicted since 2004. Lol. No, seriously, though. For real.), called up my mom to just come home for a little while. Classes start on the 21st, making this awkward. But it was a good thing to come home because my dog needed to go back to the vet yesterday anyway. However, I ended up missing the pre-semester music program party a second time (my last chance because this is my senior year) and I feel really bad. However, I can say I missed it because I was taking care of my dog.

But the fun doesn't stop there. Seeing as my classes start on the 21st, there might be an issue. I have classes on the 23rd, and someone needs to be there to let the worker in to fix the internet and modem for me. Earlier this week I learned my mom wouldn't be able to be there to help me, and now I have no one. I have no idea what I'm going to do. >.< Unfortunately they only gave me a generic time range of "8am to 8pm". It could work out, but it could not, as well.

*sigh* All of that because of a stupid August storm (storms should not be happening in August!) and a single little power flicker. How weak are internet providing machines? Geez!

|My Collection|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2017, 09:43:34 PM »
Just spent an hour typing up part of a story and when I went to save the website said I had to log in so I lost everything I'd just typed up. The one time I actually typed straight onto the site instead of in Word and it kicked me off without letting me save. :wail: :dumbpc: :cry:

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 22, 2017, 12:03:29 AM »
Just spent an hour typing up part of a story and when I went to save the website said I had to log in so I lost everything I'd just typed up. The one time I actually typed straight onto the site instead of in Word and it kicked me off without letting me save. :wail: :dumbpc: :cry:

Oh I hate that! I've lost documents on a couple occasions because I didn't save them before either power outages or in one case a circuit overload. So I totally understand your frustration.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal