collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466618 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #855 on: July 17, 2018, 10:43:15 AM »
It was finally the first day of registration for the fall semester and although it's not as big an amount as it usually is (I go to community college), it was still nothing to sneeze at. I have to take a science this semester and the lab fee bumped it up an extra $500 dollars.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #856 on: July 17, 2018, 10:57:15 AM »
It was finally the first day of registration for the fall semester and although it's not as big an amount as it usually is (I go to community college), it was still nothing to sneeze at. I have to take a science this semester and the lab fee bumped it up an extra $500 dollars.

You have my sympathies.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #857 on: July 17, 2018, 11:05:41 AM »
You have my sympathies.
As do you, I really hope you find accommodations very soon. That is awfully strange for the program to only support 3 years!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: July 17, 2018, 11:07:46 AM »
You have my sympathies.
As do you, I really hope you find accommodations very soon. That is awfully strange for the program to only support 3 years!

Thank you :) I shouldn't really complain, some people only get a year's support or none at all. Our education system really needs better funding in some areas. And London is just ridiculously expensive in general. I think I have some new places to look at, so fingers crossed. I'm sure it will all work out eventually. I might just be grey when it does.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: July 17, 2018, 01:56:19 PM »
I feel ripped-off by Hasbro. Now they suddenly also make 80s-pony shirts. XD

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 20, 2018, 10:02:39 AM »
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in "What's your problem"
Someone I am close to made fun of the fact that I buy "toys" In addition to ponies I also collect Barbie, Disney dolls, Ariel/Little Mermaid items and Funko Pops. I went to Hot Topic today to see if they still had the Sailor Moon Black Lady Funko Pop since I wasn't able to go yesterday. Later my friend said "When are you going to grow up and stop buying toys?" or something :sad:

I was a little shocked by her comment and said something like "Adults buy them too."  I think she knew she hurt my feelings (She is a really nice person and has mentioned before that sometimes she says things that don't come out right/isn't what she meant to say before. ) It still made me sad and took a lot of my enjoyment out of getting the Funko Pop I wanted.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: July 20, 2018, 12:17:35 PM »
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in "What's your problem"
Someone I am close to made fun of the fact that I buy "toys" In addition to ponies I also collect Barbie, Disney dolls, Ariel/Little Mermaid items and Funko Pops. I went to Hot Topic today to see if they still had the Sailor Moon Black Lady Funko Pop since I wasn't able to go yesterday. Later my friend said "When are you going to grow up and stop buying toys?" or something :sad:

I was a little shocked by her comment and said something like "Adults buy them too."  I think she knew she hurt my feelings (She is a really nice person and has mentioned before that sometimes she says things that don't come out right/isn't what she meant to say before. ) It still made me sad and took a lot of my enjoyment out of getting the Funko Pop I wanted.

Ponyfan

Just what is it that she expects you to spend YOUR money on?  Clothes?  Makeup?  Going out to eat?  Going to the movies?  None of those things will last as long as your "toys".  Even the memories will fade fairly quickly unless you took pictures or something absolutely amazing happened to help you remember it.  And quite frankly, it's none of her business.  Besides, if adults weren't supposed to buy them, specialty stores like Hot Topic (which is not remotely geared towards children) wouldn't carry them.  I'm not sure how old you are, but I can guarantee that there are people on this site older than you still buying "toys"--I'm probably one of them.  (I just bought the Pokemon Z-Power Ring for my Ultra Sun game yesterday.)  And I can tell you from experience that growing up is overrated. 

My current trivial complaint is that the air conditioning isn't working at work again.   :hot:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #862 on: July 21, 2018, 02:27:36 PM »
@Ponyfan :hug: Sorry your friend said that to you.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #863 on: July 22, 2018, 01:15:17 AM »
In the worst draught Sweden has experienced since the 1900's, with 80+ wildfires raging through out the country, with firemen coming up from France, Poland and Germany to help out. With waterplanes flying in from Italy and with a national catastrophe message forbidding all forms of open fire, people still go out in the forest to grill, have bbq parties by lake and sea, smoke while standing on fried grass and toss the leftover on the ground. The stupidity of people baffles me and makes me so angry!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 22, 2018, 12:40:21 PM »
Man the Dutch Ebay-like website Marktplaats sucks. No feedback system, sellers who don't respond. No clear auction ending times. People messaging eachother behind their backs. Stupid scalpers who just buy ponies to sell them for 100x as much later. People who keep overbidding by 1 cents.

Thai said there are of course also some good sellers out there but they are rare. 
Oh and why does it feel like Hasbro ignores us? Why does everyone get the SDCC set to review but we never hear anything. I spend like most of my free time on the website blogging news and updating everything. :( (Kinda busy right now with adding the older gens which is fun.  :P) Maybe a bit selfish but eh.. feels bad.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 01:58:02 PM by TornadoTwist »

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 23, 2018, 10:59:28 AM »
It's not my day today. I was cutting a piece of din rail at work, went through it then the hacksaw slipped and the rail went through my hand (luckily it won't need stitches), then when I got home, my housemate had left his keys in the door. I knocked on the door and he came to let me in with no trousers on. I did not need to see that. :facepalm:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 23, 2018, 03:28:15 PM »
The children's daycare that is two doors down... they have a SCREAMER... and they let him out in the yard starting at 8:30 am... 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 23, 2018, 04:13:24 PM »
My tomatoes have end blossom rot.... grrr.. some are ok though.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 24, 2018, 11:20:26 PM »
Apparently my nephew had someone steal an online account for some Dragonball game a few days ago and is now trying to sell it for about $40.  When my nephew confronted the guy (via the computer) the guy claimed that he'd traded for it and they went back and forth with name calling, racial slurs (the other guy calling my nephew things without having a clue of his race btw) and threats of calling the cops, etc.  Now I can't convince my nephew that it's gone and he's not going to get it back and to let it go.  Instead, he just wants to antagonize the guy because somehow he's convinced that the guy will eventually give it back.  My nephew said he reported the account to the game administrators but I really don't think anything is going to happen with it.

I hate people who lie and steal but there's really nothing he can do about this one.  :shrug:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: July 25, 2018, 08:03:27 AM »
This morning I saw a weather forecast that predicted 35 degrees in London tomorrow and 36 on Friday.

I can only hope that's wrong.

I wasn't going to come back to London so quickly but I had some things to settle here - but...my room here has aircon, so I guess I'm staying a few days longer...

Sigh. Summer goes on.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal