collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 465752 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #840 on: July 13, 2018, 06:33:26 PM »
We so badly need rain, my lawn is turning brown.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #841 on: July 13, 2018, 08:30:25 PM »
Boyfriend talked me into seeing the new It-movie as it is on Netflix. We didn't even see half of it because I needed a break and que nightmares..

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 14, 2018, 12:01:55 PM »
It's Friday the 13th and I haven't done anything fun to celebrate.  Didn't even realize it until now (after 5pm where I live) so I can't do anything at work, either. 

We're just watching the worst Friday the 13th movies.  We just got done with V. 

I watched VII last night, which I consider one of the worst along with V.

I should add that the actress who plays Tina's mother in Friday the 13th Part VII is the same woman who did the voices of Buttons & Paradise in the G1 cartoon series (Susan Blu). I learned that yesterday.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 01:07:25 PM by northstar3184 »

Offline emily_katie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #843 on: July 15, 2018, 10:28:11 AM »
Not a complaint but something I don't understand...
'Attic finds' I see a lot of G1 lots on Ebay listed as attic finds, I don't get it? You move into a house and low and behold theres a herd of g1's in the attic? why would they be left behind?
Why have I never found the holy grail of ponies in my attic  :|
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

IG: Pastels_Parade
                                                       Tumblr: Pastel-Parade

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #844 on: July 15, 2018, 10:36:01 AM »
'Attic finds' I see a lot of G1 lots on Ebay listed as attic finds, I don't get it? You move into a house and low and behold theres a herd of g1's in the attic? why would they be left behind?

I agree!

...Although I wonder if it's more they sorted out someone's house (ie a grandparent maybe?) and found toys that were kept there for the grandkids?

Or they just have spent so long on their phones facebooking and Instagramming each other that they forgot they had a childhood and then suddenly found the box and remembered?

My complaint for today...

People on buses with dogs. Again. Sigh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 15, 2018, 03:57:58 PM »
Someone dropped off a liquid opioid meds in my recycle bin at work,, I am very glad it was not open or leaking. WE ARE NOT A DROP OFF FOR MEDS ok the signs says CAN and BOTTLE only. How hard is that, and pics too showing what is ok. I am just glad I was wearing gloves.  :stressed: :enraged:

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 15, 2018, 09:12:01 PM »
Someone dropped off a liquid opioid meds in my recycle bin at work,, I am very glad it was not open or leaking. WE ARE NOT A DROP OFF FOR MEDS ok the signs says CAN and BOTTLE only. How hard is that, and pics too showing what is ok. I am just glad I was wearing gloves.  :stressed: :enraged:

Yuck.....That's a hell of risk to subject someone to. Like you said, you're lucky you had gloves.

I don't know why people do stuff like that. In our indoor recycle bin I'll find garbage a lot of the time: used napkins, etc... The most bizarre finding was one I made into a thread in the WYP forum about a year and a half ago: Someone had left a little puppy in our cans/bottles bin (which was just a small fenced in area) during off hours in the middle of winter. We found her barking before we opened for the day.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 09:14:00 PM by northstar3184 »

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 15, 2018, 09:28:41 PM »

I've totally found ponies in places I've moved into before. Just twice though, and each time it was only a single pony (and a SSC the second time). The first time it was a rusty-eyed baby Gusty when I was young.  The second time was in 2006 it was a tailless, dirty, 2nd edition Cotton Candy that was pre-tagged for a yard sale (still have her) and a naked Blueberry Muffins (still have her too, but she is no longer naked), and a bunch of other things.  But that second time we found a LOT of weird crap in that apartment the landlord just let us keep what we wanted. It had previously belonged to a hoarder and he had no idea this panel in the attic came off when he bought the place. I still have a mid-century lamp and an old medicine cabinet from that find.

And also an inexplicable number of NES systems and games.  Even in the 80s. Always in closets.

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 15, 2018, 11:45:50 PM »

I've totally found ponies in places I've moved into before. Just twice though, and each time it was only a single pony (and a SSC the second time). The first time it was a rusty-eyed baby Gusty when I was young.  The second time was in 2006 it was a tailless, dirty, 2nd edition Cotton Candy that was pre-tagged for a yard sale (still have her) and a naked Blueberry Muffins (still have her too, but she is no longer naked), and a bunch of other things.  But that second time we found a LOT of weird crap in that apartment the landlord just let us keep what we wanted. It had previously belonged to a hoarder and he had no idea this panel in the attic came off when he bought the place. I still have a mid-century lamp and an old medicine cabinet from that find.

And also an inexplicable number of NES systems and games.  Even in the 80s. Always in closets.

That is so cool! Living in a town with a huge university the garbagerooms tend to overflow with furnitures and whatnot that studens moving away don't care to take with them. I've found a shelf and almost the complete works of the Chronicles of Cheysuli by Jennifer Roberson (only missing one book). I also found a couple of nice potted plants once, but had my hands full and when I went back to retrieve them someone else had gotten them. Never any toys tho :(

My complaint of the day: I have a really bad cold, in the middle of this heatwave. It's allover my body and every muscle ache along with everyting else. I'm just.. whyyyyy?! :mad:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 16, 2018, 10:37:57 AM »
I want to punch one of my co-workers in the face.  I want it to happen so bad I'm considering paying someone to do it for me.

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: July 16, 2018, 01:28:48 PM »
Ugh feeling worthless again. >x(

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 16, 2018, 01:33:22 PM »
Hot day in London.
Accommodation hunting.
Thought before I went that I knew what I wanted.
Now I am less sure.
Thought I would have it settled today.
That's not going to happen.
Currently still homeless for next year with 6 weeks left :/

I really want to stay where I am but I know that's impossible. I'm not ungrateful for the scholarship I've had because it's looked after me these three years, but it doesn't make sense to fund only 3 years of a course that in the UK is almost always 4 years. It's like leading one out to the middle of the river with a lifeboat and then zooming away and leaving us to drown once we hit the deepest point.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 16, 2018, 10:23:22 PM »
Aaaw, that sucks Taffeta! It must be so stressful not knowing where to live. In my town an exchange student was kicked out of the contry with six weeks left on her masters because she couldn't show sufficent funding (never mind her parents in Iran sent her money regurlarly). The system is crazy sometimes and really not accomodating. I hope something comes up for you. :hug:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 17, 2018, 02:00:44 AM »
Aaaw, that sucks Taffeta! It must be so stressful not knowing where to live. In my town an exchange student was kicked out of the contry with six weeks left on her masters because she couldn't show sufficent funding (never mind her parents in Iran sent her money regurlarly). The system is crazy sometimes and really not accomodating. I hope something comes up for you. :hug:

Unfortunately the UK has had some similar incidents in the past as well. Our immigration system actually had a major spasm recently with a lot of British citizens coming up for deportation orders because of some kind of muddle over documentation/authorisation going back about 40 or even 50 years.

The student thing comes up as well. Our university research union went to war with the university itself this year over how they wanted to monitor tier 4 visa (ie non EU) research students...because it was literally insane and sounded like they had no trust in either the student or the student's supervisory team. My uni has about 50% students on tier 4 visas and more postgrads proportionately to undergrads compared to many other London uni campuses, so yeah. It caused a big fuss. The school backed down. (These regulations weren't legal expectations of tier 4 visa students, they were just my university deciding to play Big Brother...and failing).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 17, 2018, 10:39:15 AM »
I normally have the pain tolerance of an armour-plated ox but I took a really hefty wrench in my good leg at work, so now both legs hurt when I walk and that is just beyond the pail.  :pout:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal