collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 465803 times)

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #495 on: February 19, 2018, 05:10:11 PM »
I would've had a three day weekend, but since school was closed for bad weather last month, we had to make up for it today  :pout:

To make things worse, Saturday is the art competition I love participating in. My sister's going, but as for me... I can't. Last semester I was taking college algebra with a pretty rotten teacher that many other students complain about. I was struggling in her class, and despite all of my efforts to get her to help me out with tutoring, she ignored my struggles and let me fail. I ended up dropping out of the class at the end of the first semester. Since I failed her class, I'm not eligible for the competition. I'll have to watch my sister and classmates go while I can't, all because of a had teacher.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #496 on: February 20, 2018, 02:26:23 AM »
It's such a beautiful day outside, the sun is shining for the first time in weeks! The sky is blue and birds are singing.. But as it's february sunshine means cold! Like -20C /68F cold! Also, today marks the first day of working 8 days in a row. Feels like I'm warming up for a marathon!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 20, 2018, 07:22:11 AM »
Rugs.
Nobody ever warned me that trying to find a rug to liven up a dreary room would be such a flipping hassle.
(I think I may have found one... possibly... it's like finding water after a century in the desert.) :|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #498 on: February 20, 2018, 06:32:26 PM »
Mosquitos.

I hate them.

They are the very worst.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #499 on: February 20, 2018, 06:53:48 PM »
Working a shift when the weather is unseasonably warm.  :cloud:

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 20, 2018, 07:14:51 PM »
My school sells good chocolate chip cookies. I tried to buy some today, but they weren't chocolate chip! They were a gross, hard, failed attempt at a snicker doodle. Me and my friend tried banging them against the table. We even threw them at the table! And they didn't break!

Ehh, it just means I don't get cookies for a while. But still, lol!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 21, 2018, 12:17:24 PM »
I got a notice yesterday that I had a package at the post office.  So, I make the long drive over only to find out it was for a package I already picked up last week.  I get home and there is a notice on the door for another package on its way to the post office.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 22, 2018, 07:29:50 AM »
I'm waiting for a parcel that is meant to be delivered by Yodel. That alone scares me but it also bugs me that I got up early and have been waiting around the house all day. It better had turn up today as well seeing as I paid for nominated day delivery!
On the plus side, I have found a rather amusing thread on the internet that is just a bunch of people complaining about terrible couriers - there are some pretty funny stories on there.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 22, 2018, 08:29:20 AM »
One of the girls I work with asked me to trade duties with her today (she'd do mine today and I'd do hers tomorrow) because she had an extra project she wanted to work on tomorrow and then she called out sick.  Again.  She does this every time she doesn't want to do something that she's been assigned to do.  Fortunately, the manager in charge of the duties we "traded" has noticed this trend and since I still had to do my duties today, she's going to make the girl do her duties tomorrow so I don't have to do both days.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 24, 2018, 07:57:21 AM »
I stubbed my toe on the kitchen doorway.

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Born in the year of the My Little Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 25, 2018, 12:43:32 AM »
I stayed up until 2 AM, fixing up my little ponies and today I'm really tired. I couldn't even sleep in because my dog woke me doing miserable sounds, trying to convey the message that he wanted his breakfast. I almost never stay up late any more and now I remember why. I don't even know how I did it when I was younger. I could stay up most of the night, sleep maybe three hours and then go to school. How could I possibly function?! Now I think six hours sleep is too little.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 25, 2018, 02:51:12 PM »
Just got woken up from a nap (it's Sunday afternoon for me) by a phone call from someone claiming to be raising money for a local police charity.  The reception on my phone is bad where I live (especially with the windstorm we have going on right now) so he kept cutting out.  What I understood was that they were giving away t-shirts in exchange for each donation and how many could he put me down for?  He didn't ask if I was interested in donating he just assumed that I would want to.  I told him I wasn't interested in donating at this time (mostly because I work right next to the police station--if I want to donate I can do so directly and with cash rather than passing out my card/bank info over the phone) and he very abruptly said,"Fine" and hung up.  Why does that feel more like a scam than a fund raiser? :wonder: 

(Had I been more awake I would have made a comment about how my brother is an officer and he never mentioned the fund-raiser to me.)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 25, 2018, 04:04:44 PM »
Just got woken up from a nap (it's Sunday afternoon for me) by a phone call from someone claiming to be raising money for a local police charity.  The reception on my phone is bad where I live (especially with the windstorm we have going on right now) so he kept cutting out.  What I understood was that they were giving away t-shirts in exchange for each donation and how many could he put me down for?  He didn't ask if I was interested in donating he just assumed that I would want to.  I told him I wasn't interested in donating at this time (mostly because I work right next to the police station--if I want to donate I can do so directly and with cash rather than passing out my card/bank info over the phone) and he very abruptly said,"Fine" and hung up.  Why does that feel more like a scam than a fund raiser? :wonder: 

(Had I been more awake I would have made a comment about how my brother is an officer and he never mentioned the fund-raiser to me.)

The "police charity" calls are known scams. I get them quite frequently. I also get a lot of the Microsoft Windows scams (The ones where they tell you your computer is infected with a virus and that they'd like you to download software to "fix the problem".)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 26, 2018, 04:23:10 AM »
I won something on evilbay on Friday and there hasn't been any shipping notification yet. I'm just hoping that it's a matter of me being paranoid and impatient. With it being a rare item, I don't hold out much hope for finding another if it falls through, least of all finding one at such a decent price! D:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #509 on: February 26, 2018, 02:13:31 PM »
I can't find my nail clippers  :pout: