collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 463971 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #345 on: November 22, 2017, 08:04:29 AM »
So I decided to come home for Thanksgiving and be with my family and lovely dogs (they're family, too, of course, but I have to note them separately because they're that special!). It's been August since I've been home, so it's been quite some time. I was thinking "Do not forget anything while packing" but it's been sooo long.

I'm getting ready to take my shower this morning and finally realize what I forgot... Clean undergarments.  :drunk:

(I brought home some laundry and there is some in that batch, but I was going to wait until Saturday to do laundry... *sighs*)

A couple of years ago Black Friday was unheard of in Sweden. Then people started to pick up about it and order things online from overseas so of course the retailers here had to jump on it. This year they're taking it too far in my opinion. Many stores have a so called Black Week with huge sales since Monday. My own chain is starting tomorrow and going until Monday (forget Black Friday and Cybermonday, we have Blackthursdaytomonday). I just feel like it's insane that we didn't only adopt an insane shoppingconcept, we managed to make it worse. .

Actually this isn't too far off from US practices.

Some time ago, Black Friday began inching its way into Thanksgiving. Whereas now, for many retailers, the best deals - if not pretty much all of the deals - happen on Thanksgiving afternoon.

I worked in one of these retailers for several years and was really frustrated with these practices. I have no problem with Black Friday itself, but it needs to be a Friday thing, not a Thanksgiving thing.

I think it was 2014 I had a 12 hour shift going from Thanksgiving afternoon into Friday morning. =/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 22, 2017, 10:11:06 AM »
Yes, I truly hate that Black Friday is now Thanksgiving afternoon.  I refuse to do any in person "Black Friday" shopping until 10 am on Friday at the earliest.  They never have anything I truly need and if what I want isn't still there (because most deals last until they sell out) then I'm not upset. If I really want it I'll see if I can get it online for the same price as advertised.  I think it's crap that people who work retail don't get to spend Thanksgiving with their families because of greedy corporate people (who I can guarantee are with their families that day).  I think the only way to stop it is to have people quit shopping on Thanksgiving, but unfortunately there are too many people who won't give up their "special deals" even though places like Walmart have those deals available online all day Thursday (in store the sales start at 6 pm) so it isn't even necessary to go to the store to get them.

Online Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #347 on: November 22, 2017, 12:48:06 PM »
Yeah.. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but I hear you both Harmonie and Pokeyonekenobie. Sweden celebrates christmas on the 24th and they're doing the same to us then as they do to you on Thanksgiving. The Mall I work in is open till 3pm on christmas eve (thankfully I'm not the poor soul that has to work). Moms store was supppose to close at 5 pm but they managed to negotiate it til 3 by reminding corporate that they only had two customers between 3 and five last year. Stupid.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 23, 2017, 09:15:12 AM »
I don’t shop in stores on Thanksgiving or extremely early Black Friday sales. I realize that shopping  at 2am is fun for some people and part of their tradditions but it’s not fun for me. Sometimes I will go to a store around 11 am on Black Friday.

I bought a brand new book last week and when I  started to read it at home I realized soneone put a security sticker in the book and accidentally “glued” the first page to the cover. There’s no way to remove the tag without tearing the first page. :( I can still read the book but I wish the page wasn’t glued.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 23, 2017, 09:29:17 AM »
That's really annoying about the glued book, Ponyfan  >_<

Our posh microwave is getting old and unpredictable - I just made nuke-in-the-bag popcorn and most of it is scorched - yuck! Oh well, it stopped me eating it all...  :blush:

Online Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #350 on: November 23, 2017, 10:32:47 AM »
We have a wonderful snowstorm this morning. I opted to bike anyway as I don't rely on my particual bussroute (electric buses that don't go well with the cold) and even if it was a struggle, it was beautiful outside with all the snow..
Came out from work to pouring rain and had to walk in slush! A couple of inches of snow all musched up in rain.. I was soaked to my skin when I came home.

Offline Luxrayx

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 23, 2017, 11:10:25 AM »
^ That sucks! That's how it is around here, too. It snows quite often, but it always has to rain right afterwards :pout:

My trivial complaint is that everything is offensive these days. This time, people are offended by an illustration of a wolf on a Norwegian predator-themed milk carton. Apparently, it's insensitive to farmers. I guess we should just ban art because nothing is politically correct anymore :facepalm:

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 24, 2017, 07:34:59 AM »
^ OMG yes... People, grow a backbone! -_-

My complaint: I love Anneke van Giersbergen's voice so much, but her music is so boring! >_< I only love (and I mean LOVE) Endless Sea and The Moment from The Gentle Storm, and the entire Mandylion album from The Gathering. Everything else has been unable to impress me. I had high hopes for VUUR, but even though the sound is great, there's not one memorable song on the album. :|

Oh well then. No Anneke for me.

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 24, 2017, 09:49:36 AM »
My trivial complaint is that everything is offensive these days. This time, people are offended by an illustration of a wolf on a Norwegian predator-themed milk carton. Apparently, it's insensitive to farmers. I guess we should just ban art because nothing is politically correct anymore :facepalm:

This, so much! Some people just seem to make an Olympic sport of needlessly getting their undies in a knot nowadays. :/

My complaint is the radio at work. Now I don't mind the music itself, it's refreshing to hear something different from what I normally listen to but the presenter. Just the worst! He was giving that whole "cooler than thou" garbage which is annoying anyway but coming from this guy, it was extremely tempting to troop down to the radio station and clout him round the head.

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 24, 2017, 10:00:41 AM »
^ That sucks! That's how it is around here, too. It snows quite often, but it always has to rain right afterwards :pout:

I laughed way to hard when I read that on VG. Drawing of a wolf. Cant wait til they get triggered by cartoon wolfs.
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 24, 2017, 02:15:50 PM »
Disney Store has still not got their Disney Animator Advent Calendar.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 24, 2017, 03:08:53 PM »
Just people who wait too long to get sold out things, plan ahead stupid.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 25, 2017, 07:34:40 AM »
So I bought some lamb liver yesterday, thinking that I would do a traditional liver n bacon in herby onion gravy with mashed potato + veggies for my husband - who likes liver (I don't).

I found a BBC Hairy Bikers recipe online + based my cooking on it, but tweaked it to include extra pepper + sage + also prepping the liver by soaking it in milk overnight...

All cooked beautifully, the gravy was so tasty, my husband loved it... then I took a bite out of a piece of liver - YUCK!  :X

I don't think that I'll ever like liver (or kidney either). I put my portion into a storage box + drove over to my Uncle's and gave it to him to eat (he loves liver)  :lol: ah well, I enjoyed the cooking part... I had a sandwich to eat  instead  :P

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 26, 2017, 12:05:55 AM »
I have been trying to get Pokemon Bank to work for the last six hours.  It keeps giving me connection error messages even though EVERY time I check the connection, it claims that it's working.  It's so annoying!  I've tried everything to get it to work, even resetting my router.   :mad:

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 26, 2017, 01:03:29 AM »
My parents asked me to give them idea of what i want for Christmas. Well, I want sweaters. They asked for examples of what I'm looking for. Knowing my parents only do in-store shopping, I'm checking the websites of clothing chains with a store near me. And all the men's sweaters are in the same few colors: black, gray, navy blue, burgundy, and dark green. I don't like the 3 former colors, and I already have a lot of the two latter. I can't find anything in the colors I'm looking for: light blue, medium blue, light green, dark pink, or any shade of purple. I can't even find anything in yellow or orange. Talk about a restrictive color palate.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal