collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467156 times)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3255 on: January 27, 2021, 09:32:16 PM »
Up late with a sick baby...she is having a 24-hour EEG on top of everything else, so as she is squirming restlessly in my arms, I'm trying to keep the wires from wrapping around her neck. I'm honestly afraid to put her in her crib because of it, even if she would tolerate it. I wish I could give her something to knock her out just to put her out of her misery for a while, but none of the children's medicines I have are for kids under 20 lbs like she is. I hope it isn't the Coronavirus...she was tested 2 weeks ago and it was negative, but things could have changed between then and now.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3256 on: January 28, 2021, 05:47:42 AM »
Group hug for everyone having a bad time :grouphug:

Today's complaint is my eczema is flaring up at full force and there's a new spot because four places wasn't enough, I guess.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: January 28, 2021, 12:02:17 PM »
Urrrgghhh, I am so sick of not being able to get a decent night's sleep. :pout:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: January 28, 2021, 01:17:44 PM »
I keep getting calls from United Health Care for people that I don't know. I've told them multiple times that I don't know those people and they keep calling.  Someone I talked to told me that she needed the birthday associated with the account in order to take MY number off of it.  Um..hello?  Anyone home in there?  If I don't know these people how on earth would I know their birthdays?

I talked to someone this morning and she was able to remove my phone number from one person's account but apparently not the other person's because I got another automated voice mail (less than 10 minutes later) saying they were going to call in a few days to do a wellness check.   :pullhair:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3259 on: January 28, 2021, 04:53:39 PM »
I keep getting calls from United Health Care for people that I don't know. I've told them multiple times that I don't know those people and they keep calling.  Someone I talked to told me that she needed the birthday associated with the account in order to take MY number off of it.  Um..hello?  Anyone home in there?  If I don't know these people how on earth would I know their birthdays?

I talked to someone this morning and she was able to remove my phone number from one person's account but apparently not the other person's because I got another automated voice mail (less than 10 minutes later) saying they were going to call in a few days to do a wellness check.   :pullhair:

That sounds unsettling. i would not give out your birthday. sometimes identity thieves need it to take over your account.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: January 28, 2021, 05:10:57 PM »
I hate blindbags. I got some secret rings ponies and my niece threw a fit because she didn't get Rainbow Dash.
Kids don't even like blind bags! What's the point of them - to make the kid so upset that parents buy more to calm them down?
Awful shady tactic. Making kids cry for money...
/rant

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: January 29, 2021, 07:13:35 AM »

That sounds unsettling. i would not give out your birthday. sometimes identity thieves need it to take over your account.

It wasn't my birthday they wanted, they wanted the birthday of the person they were trying to contact, which there was no way I could possibly know.  They didn't listen when I told them that I didn't know who the people were that they thought they were calling.

I hate blindbags. I got some secret rings ponies and my niece threw a fit because she didn't get Rainbow Dash.
Kids don't even like blind bags! What's the point of them - to make the kid so upset that parents buy more to calm them down?
Awful shady tactic. Making kids cry for money...
/rant

I guess if I gave something to one of my niblings and they threw a fit because it wasn't what they wanted I'd either stop giving them things or open it myself and not give it to them unless it was the one they wanted.  It would certainly depend on the child and how big of a tantrum they were having over it.  But I agree that sometimes blind items are very frustrating, especially when you just need that one thing.  But I also find the mystery of them fun so I guess I'm just on the fence about them altogether.   :P

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3262 on: January 29, 2021, 08:07:33 AM »
I hate using the telephone :pout:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: January 29, 2021, 02:33:27 PM »
Me too. Phone calls are the worst especially because I live in a rural area and don't get reception.

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3264 on: January 29, 2021, 08:22:00 PM »
I'm sick of my nose being stuffed up... and I was supposed to get a package by today but DHL never contacted me and it didn't show up. Maybe next week :(

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: January 30, 2021, 08:53:23 AM »
There’s a dust storm right now where I live. I can’t go outside until the dust dies down because I have asthma.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3266 on: January 30, 2021, 02:08:52 PM »
I cut up and removed the seeds from some serrano and jalepeno peppers and now my hands feel like they are burning. seriously if you're working with peppers wear gloves.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: January 30, 2021, 02:54:31 PM »
I cut up and removed the seeds from some serrano and jalepeno peppers and now my hands feel like they are burning. seriously if you're working with peppers wear gloves.

Whatever you do, don't touch your eyes! (Ask me how I know :cry:) Scrub under your fingernails, too...it lurks under there no matter how well you think you've washed your hands.

My trivial complaint: I just can't seem to get a painted symbol right on a pony restore I'm doing. I'm so frustrated!

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: January 30, 2021, 04:29:36 PM »
I split coffee everywhere! Thank goodness I invested in a waterproof keyboard...

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: January 31, 2021, 05:52:17 AM »
I think my dad borrowed the phone charger that my mom and I always use and didn't put it back where he found it.  When I started looking for the charger Friday night I couldn't find and it didn't turn up yesterday either.  My dad has a bad habit of using things and then not just putting it down somewhere else. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal