collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466325 times)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3210 on: January 18, 2021, 10:26:22 AM »
I hate how all those paywall news websites always assume that just because you want to read one paid article, it means that you are willing to enter a committed long-term relationship with them. Sure, I don't mind paying just like I will pay for a physical newspaper, but why would I want to register an account tied to my e-mail, provide my personal data, enter my credit card number, read and agree to the Terms and Conditions, read and agree to the Privacy Policy, read and agree to the Clickbait Policy, receive a newsletter to my inbox that I need to actively unsubscribe from, and then have to remember to cancel before the end of the current billing period just so that they don't charge me for another month/year. I mean, would it hurt them so much if I could just, say, send a text message to a premium number and receive a one-time code that I would enter so that I can read that one particular article and then be on my merry way? Seriously, all those online news agencies need to realize that I only wanted to read their stupid article because it happened to be one of the results that popped up on Google when I searched for some story, not because I find their journalism to be that much more special than everyone else's. [rant over]

I hate that too. Even our local paper is basically call to cancel.  :mad:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: January 18, 2021, 11:02:10 AM »
Kid wanted me to set up a keyboard to learn to play the new Shera theme "Warrior".

She then had a melt down because she couldn't get it all straight away (simple notes, but she is inexperienced at the piano and wants to run before taking small steps!)  She had a cry and I tidied the keyboard away... she can try again another time...   :whistle: :dizzy:

I was at the store today and an employee approached me saying he thought I was his friend. What really took me by surprise is that the man that I've never seen before said my name.  I think it had to just be a lucky guess that his friend happens to have the same name as mine but it made me really uncomfortable and I was too shocked to by this fact to reply to him that that was my name.  Once he talked to me he said that he was mistaken and I wasn't the person he thought I was.  I'm sure he meant no harm and made an honest mistake.

Ponyfan

:shocked: oh that's creepy, I would be freaked out, too!!!

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3212 on: January 18, 2021, 11:15:28 AM »
I need to find a way to organize spices in my kitchen. I keep the most used ones in a drawer so they're usually not a problem. but others that i don't use often are just in a plastic tub in the pantry. But i still lose track of them and sometimes i buy duplicates on accident because i don't know what i have. I need to look for an organizer but all of the ones i see are too big or too small. and i have enough stuff on the counter.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3213 on: January 18, 2021, 05:06:51 PM »
This is an extremely trivial complaint but I'm really annoyed :mad:

I have a Smart TV in my bedroom but a plain TV in the living room and I have my PS3 set up with all the apps I like to watch. For whatever reason, I can't watch Hulu in the living room. The overlay stays on the screen no matter what I want to watch. It's very annoying. I don't know if the PS3 controller has something to do with it, but even when the controller turns off, the overlay doesn't go away. I had been watching Hulu in the bedroom so out here I switched to Prime Video. Then when I went back to my bedroom I put on Prime Video to continue and it froze! Just Prime Video. Everything else was working. Argh!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3214 on: January 18, 2021, 06:53:34 PM »
I ate some Flamin' Hot Cheetos today and apparently my intestines disagree with my choices... :yikes:

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: January 19, 2021, 06:21:22 AM »
I ate some Flamin' Hot Cheetos today and apparently my intestines disagree with my choices... :yikes:

I bought those recently but haven't tried them yet, are they really that intense?
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: January 19, 2021, 06:49:13 AM »

I bought those recently but haven't tried them yet, are they really that intense?

They’re pretty spicy! I still prefer them to regular Cheetos though, they have a better flavor.

While we’re on the topic, my dad will NOT stop making spicy food for dinner. I love spicy food, and they are really good dishes, but OMG my stomach needs a few days to recover every now and then. He apparently has intestines of steel, idk how he is NOT bothered by so much spice

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3217 on: January 19, 2021, 08:08:28 AM »

They’re pretty spicy! I still prefer them to regular Cheetos though, they have a better flavor.

While we’re on the topic, my dad will NOT stop making spicy food for dinner. I love spicy food, and they are really good dishes, but OMG my stomach needs a few days to recover every now and then. He apparently has intestines of steel, idk how he is NOT bothered by so much spice

Definitely a better flavour--I just can't eat them too fast or my stomach goes nuts! Apparently they even make extra spicy Flamin' Hots... I could never :yikes:

I woke up way too early again and I just know I'm gonna be all messed up today :(

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3218 on: January 19, 2021, 09:37:03 AM »
Amazon delivered all three of my packages to someone else. I know because of the picture the driver sent. UGH. My curtains and my cats new tree is in those boxes! Hopefully, whoever got them will take them to office and the manager will contact me. Soon. I was really looking forward to those packages :(

Update: The lady who received my packages says they're too heavy for her to take to the office. She called Amazon and they refused to re-deliver them. It's too far for me to walk and my sister doesn't feel good today to give me a ride *sigh* So I'm going to pick them up tomorrow.

2nd update: This lady opened my packages :blink: She said Amazon said she could keep them so she opened them to see if she could use anything. Like ??? She knew I was coming today. But I only got one package. She said UPS (?) picked the others up. The whole thing is really annoying. And in fact, I think I could have walked it, so it's extra frustrating.

So now I'm waiting to see if the other two packages get re-delivered to me or if I have to tell Amazon I need replacements.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 05:18:19 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3219 on: January 19, 2021, 10:24:06 AM »
Trying to organise my disabiliry claim and turns out the local GP failed to update some information on my record from 16 years ago. It relates to my disability diagnosis being confirmed, so it's very important. I have the confirmation letter. THEY apparently have it, as well. So they know that it should be on my record.

So today they were meant to phone us to say they'd managed to update the record and hopefully sen d me a corrected print out. Did they phone? Nope.

But that may also have been because mum decided that it would be a good idea to tell sister to call at lunchtime instead of this evening because of the delivery...

I have no idea if they tried to call or if they just didn't bother, but I have a deadline on my claim being submitted and right now I am missing an important piece of paperwork because someone didn't do their job 16 years ago.

I could just send the information we have with the confirmation letter, but the DWP on my previous claim cherry picked words from my evidence and discarded the rest. There's a big risk that if I send them the current incorrect form they will use the mistake as a reason to deny my whole claim. Because that's how they operate.

So I am now apprehensively waiting to find out if I will have the documents I need, and if they will be corrected, in time to meet the DWP's deadline.

Bear in mind that the DWP already know I have autism and already know how it affects me. Also that it is permanent. And that they have a court tribunal ruling which supports  that fact. But they still demand I do it over from scratch just in case I have been magically cured in the meantime.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3220 on: January 20, 2021, 05:25:46 PM »
I'm sorry, Taffeta. Hang in there!

My complaint is myself. I'm trying to eat healthier and I've been steadily losing weight but honestly not feeling any better. Today has been a hard day and I really wanted to order a pizza. After closing out the tab twice I went ahead and ordered it... and ate the entire thing -_-

Now I feel gross and guilty and I'm not going to sleep well because I've stuffed myself and my stomach can't digest food correctly and it will take 12 hours or more to feel better. Plus, I'm undoing my weight loss. Just... what's wrong with me? :cloud:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: January 20, 2021, 08:21:44 PM »
I'm sorry, Taffeta. Hang in there!

My complaint is myself. I'm trying to eat healthier and I've been steadily losing weight but honestly not feeling any better. Today has been a hard day and I really wanted to order a pizza. After closing out the tab twice I went ahead and ordered it... and ate the entire thing -_-

Now I feel gross and guilty and I'm not going to sleep well because I've stuffed myself and my stomach can't digest food correctly and it will take 12 hours or more to feel better. Plus, I'm undoing my weight loss. Just... what's wrong with me? :cloud:

Nothing is "wrong" with you.  :hug:  You just ate more than you should have.  You know that you did it, and next time you're tempted to do the same, you can remember how you felt this time and do it differently next time.  There's nothing wrong with the occasional change up in what you're eating.  I know people that have tried to lose weight eating nothing but green vegetables and chicken.  It works for a while but then they get sick of chicken and green veggies and end up going off the deep end eating true junk food and undo everything (we're talking gaining 10 lbs. on top of what they originally lost) before they try another diet that doesn't work for them.  Keep going and don't beat yourself up over one day of not following a strict diet.

I've been slipping up in my weight loss journey as well because of the holidays and need to get back to counting calories because that seemed to work for me.  I actually haven't tracked what I've been eating since Halloween and have gained back a little weight but I think I can get it back off again if I lay off the holiday food. 

2nd update: This lady opened my packages

Um, intentionally opening other people's mail is a felony offense regardless of if it was misdelivered.  It can have a fine of up to $250,000 and up to 5 years in prison. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 08:30:32 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: January 21, 2021, 01:30:40 AM »
Amazon delivered all three of my packages to someone else. I know because of the picture the driver sent. UGH. My curtains and my cats new tree is in those boxes! Hopefully, whoever got them will take them to office and the manager will contact me. Soon. I was really looking forward to those packages :(

Update: The lady who received my packages says they're too heavy for her to take to the office. She called Amazon and they refused to re-deliver them. It's too far for me to walk and my sister doesn't feel good today to give me a ride *sigh* So I'm going to pick them up tomorrow.

2nd update: This lady opened my packages :blink: She said Amazon said she could keep them so she opened them to see if she could use anything. Like ??? She knew I was coming today. But I only got one package. She said UPS (?) picked the others up. The whole thing is really annoying. And in fact, I think I could have walked it, so it's extra frustrating.

So now I'm waiting to see if the other two packages get re-delivered to me or if I have to tell Amazon I need replacements.
Sorry but GRRRR!!! :enraged: :enraged: :enraged:
If this person KNEW the packages were meant for you ie addressed to you, bought by you etc, they should neither have opened the packages or "claimed" to have sent them elsewhere.
And then, of course, there's that delivery person who got the wrong address...

Post Merge: January 21, 2021, 01:31:09 AM

Trying to organise my disabiliry claim and turns out the local GP failed to update some information on my record from 16 years ago. It relates to my disability diagnosis being confirmed, so it's very important. I have the confirmation letter. THEY apparently have it, as well. So they know that it should be on my record.

So today they were meant to phone us to say they'd managed to update the record and hopefully sen d me a corrected print out. Did they phone? Nope.

But that may also have been because mum decided that it would be a good idea to tell sister to call at lunchtime instead of this evening because of the delivery...

I have no idea if they tried to call or if they just didn't bother, but I have a deadline on my claim being submitted and right now I am missing an important piece of paperwork because someone didn't do their job 16 years ago.

I could just send the information we have with the confirmation letter, but the DWP on my previous claim cherry picked words from my evidence and discarded the rest. There's a big risk that if I send them the current incorrect form they will use the mistake as a reason to deny my whole claim. Because that's how they operate.

So I am now apprehensively waiting to find out if I will have the documents I need, and if they will be corrected, in time to meet the DWP's deadline.

Bear in mind that the DWP already know I have autism and already know how it affects me. Also that it is permanent. And that they have a court tribunal ruling which supports  that fact. But they still demand I do it over from scratch just in case I have been magically cured in the meantime.
Consider my fingers crossed Taff xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3223 on: January 21, 2021, 06:51:23 AM »

This happened to me when i first moved. They delivered one of my packages to an empty field because my address was new and not in their system yet. I contacted Amazon and they sent new ones. I just went through the order history where it lets you notify them that a package was never received. Their customer service was surprisingly good. It's not your job to track their packages down.

Also I just ordered groceries and i wanted 3 serrano peppers but instead i ended up with 3 packs of 5-6 peppers each. what am i going to do with all of these peppers!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 08:34:49 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: January 21, 2021, 02:22:42 PM »
Also I just ordered groceries and i wanted 3 serrano peppers but instead i ended up with 3 packs of 5-6 peppers each. what am i going to do with all of these peppers!

I make homemade sriracha when I'm overloaded with peppers in the summer, then freeze small batches for lunches. (I don't really like sriracha sauce, but the homemade kind tastes super good. )

But that reminds me when the grocery people gave me 1 small brussel sprout instead of 1lb.

Sooo.. today I learned that monday was a work holiday, and I didn't know, so I worked. I think they mentioned it like 6+ months ago. A reminder would of been cool...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal