collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466071 times)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3045 on: November 26, 2020, 09:07:16 AM »
I wanted to get a picture of my cat but she has this long-standing habit of moving right at the crucial moment, so pretty much every attempt comes out looking like a cursed image from the early days of the internet...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3046 on: November 26, 2020, 02:59:29 PM »
Thanksgiving is still the holiday I hate the most. Every year is a disaster and not in a family comedy movie kind of way.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #3047 on: November 27, 2020, 07:26:42 AM »
Webs.com will terminate their free website hosting... I'll have to find another site for my pony custom page, or just stick to Deviantart from now on...

// oops my cat stepped on the keyboard  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 07:28:21 AM by Griffin »

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: November 27, 2020, 10:05:08 PM »
Maybe it’s just the isolation and lack of activity taking a toll on my mental health and my brain, but I am becoming more forgetful than I usually am. I’m not so scatterbrained when it comes to objects and dates, but lately I’ve noticed I’ve forgotten when things are supposed to happen, or momentarily what the name of an item is. Silly little things, like more frequent brain farts. I remember big things, just not as many details.
I’ve also noticed that I’ve become more worried/somewhat irrational. My first thought when I noticed I was becoming scatterbrained was “great. Now you have dementia or something” despite the fact that I’m only 19, and am most likely not suffering from something my 74 year old grandma has. Ah, gotta love depression and anxiety getting worse as time moves on!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: November 29, 2020, 05:33:13 AM »
I can't concentrate on anything today. It probably doesn't help that I haven't been able to sleep properly for the past few nights. :/

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: November 30, 2020, 05:57:52 AM »
I've written out a text message for my bank. It reads: "Hi! Do you respond to inquiries via SMS? I have problems with phone calls due to anxiety" and all I have to do is press send. But it turns out phone calls aren't the only things that give me trouble :pout:

I was so sure I'd found the solution too, because even if I'm deathly afraid of calling people I know, I text them all the time. If I can text my bank instead of calling, then I can finally sort out that thing I was supposed to do weeks ago... Right? Right??? So why is my brain like this >_<

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: November 30, 2020, 07:48:37 AM »
I've written out a text message for my bank. It reads: "Hi! Do you respond to inquiries via SMS? I have problems with phone calls due to anxiety" and all I have to do is press send. But it turns out phone calls aren't the only things that give me trouble :pout:

I was so sure I'd found the solution too, because even if I'm deathly afraid of calling people I know, I text them all the time. If I can text my bank instead of calling, then I can finally sort out that thing I was supposed to do weeks ago... Right? Right??? So why is my brain like this >_<
THIS RIGHT HERE is why I hardly touch my phone xxx

You're not alone xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3052 on: November 30, 2020, 07:56:26 AM »
I'm afraid of phone calls too. The only person I really text is my sister and I'm not very good at it, haha. Coincidentally, I have to call my bank too. I'm... not stalling... why would you think that?

And my main complaint is my eczema is flaring up again.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: November 30, 2020, 08:02:36 AM »
I was trying to watch something on Youtube that isn’t in English.  I need subtitles to be able to understand what the characters are saying. The problem is that I’m having trouble finding clips with official English subs and the auto generated ones from Youtube don’t make sense in context with the scene.

For example one character was confronting some bullies and according to the official subs, one of the bullies said “I’m still bigger than you are!”  but the Youtube subtitles say the dialogue is “ When you go to Chile or go Solis” which is obviously not even close to what’s being said. :lol:

I also don’t like talking on the phone. I will if I absolutely have to though.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: November 30, 2020, 10:31:15 AM »
I hate phone calls too. It doesn't bother me to talk on the phone when other people call ME, but the thought of making a call myself gives me anxiety. Not sure what the psychology behind that is, but I can see that I'm hardly alone in this.

Ugh...that reminds me...I have to call the hospital to get my kid's test results from an EEG, plus argue with them about why she wasn't recommended for an MRI as well...I hate confrontations. There's my trivial complaint for the day...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3055 on: December 01, 2020, 03:51:16 AM »

THIS RIGHT HERE is why I hardly touch my phone xxx

You're not alone xxx

OMG totally relate.
It's got worse as well since last month where getting up the courage to send a PM to a mod on another forum resulted in me getting into trouble for something I absolutely didn't do (and the thing I was raising with them never did get resolved). I'm fundamentally afraid of contacting people I don't know because I don't know how they'll react. Unexpected hostility for something absolutely not said is the worst too. The thing is people read ten things into what you write or say when you never even thought or said them and THEN they judge you based on what they decided you said, rather than bothering to find out if that was what you meant. (And of course they're all neurotypical and "normal" so they can't possibly be wrong.) Ahem. Excuse rant,but this is the trivial complaints.

It took me a whole extra week after that forum fiasco to get up the courage to even send EMAILS to my two academic references WHO KNOW ME and have done for years...because I was that traumatised and blindsided by the whole thing.

...With my bank I have no choice but to phone them if there is an issue, although I will say this for them, they are actually REALLY nice whenever I do and give me time to say what I need to say.

But I hate when I apply for something and they need my phone number because like heck am I going to answer the phone to a complete stranger.

Good luck Luxrayx. The world is really poorly designed for communication, despite being run by people who profess to be awesome at communicating :rolleyes:.

ETA - and my actual trivial complaint for today just happened. Dad managed to break the front door. Sigh. It won't open, which means my family are taking lockdown a little bit too literally :P
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 06:16:48 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: December 01, 2020, 06:41:16 AM »
I’m sorry your front door is broken Taffeta.

I’ve been having trouble sleeping lately. I don’t drink caffeine after noon and I go to bed at a reasonable time at night.  Lately I have had trouble going back to sleep after I need to get up during the night or I will become awake enough that I want to know what time is it.  I have sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine at night but I’m still not sleeping as well as I should right now.

It sometimes it takes me a while to realize someone is waving at me. I’ve had to apologize to them because they were wondering why I didn’t respond to them.

Also, I think I’m getting a headache.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: December 01, 2020, 07:13:36 AM »
My nephew takes melatonin to help him sleep.  He says it works really well for him.

My trivial complaint is that I stayed up way too late doing last minute Cyber Monday shopping and now I am tired but I have to work today so sleeping in later isn't an option.   :zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: December 01, 2020, 09:42:48 AM »
Here's hoping your front door is fixed faster than my skylights Taff xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: December 01, 2020, 09:48:18 AM »
I'm having issues breaking apart my chocolate orange... :orange: :choc: :bomb: :devious:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal