collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467409 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2730 on: August 10, 2020, 11:21:55 AM »
I'm really dizzy. I think the ride on the on/off ramps triggered my vertigo :dizzy:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: August 10, 2020, 03:21:59 PM »
I just went to print some notes, but the printer went ahead and installed an update instead. Then when I succeeded in printing the notes, there was an insect scuttling about on them. So was that the update? I'm not seeing how it could feasibly be useful to print live insects at home, to be honest. :blink:
I've heard of (and experienced) updates causing bugs, but this is a whole new level of that
should be perma-moderated

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2732 on: August 10, 2020, 04:21:59 PM »
I just went to print some notes, but the printer went ahead and installed an update instead. Then when I succeeded in printing the notes, there was an insect scuttling about on them. So was that the update? I'm not seeing how it could feasibly be useful to print live insects at home, to be honest. :blink:
I've heard of (and experienced) updates causing bugs, but this is a whole new level of that

XD
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: August 11, 2020, 04:26:39 AM »

I'm really sorry but this made me laugh out loud xD.

You have the power to bring forth a swarm O.o. Use this power well.

That is a good point! I am rather tempted to amass an army of ladybirds with this newfound power. :devious:

:lmao:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: August 12, 2020, 10:58:34 AM »
I’m beginning  to dislike green beans and grilled chicken. Usually I like them but my family had green beans twice in one day last week (and again a few days later) and we’ve  had grilled chicken salad a lot too. I don’t like salad so I eat the grilled chicken by itself but it doesn’t taste as good without something to go with it.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: August 13, 2020, 02:12:34 PM »
I'm sick of reboots: I watched a favorite childhood movie last night (Masters of the Universe), then read up on it and a reboot is in the works. Then I read up on another childhood favorite (Red Sonja) to find it is also being rebooted. I'm over this trend

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2736 on: August 14, 2020, 07:03:39 AM »
^ I'm with you on that. What I don't get is they keep rebooting things that were originally good when there are plenty of things that had good ideas but were executed badly. Why doesn't someone try remaking those? Especially horror movies. So many bad ones with potential.

---

I stretched or twisted wrong, probably in my sleep, and now I have a new pain in my back. Like I needed more back problems.

My eczema is out of control on my hand. It's spread across my knuckles and man does that hurt.

I've had a headache off and on the last three days but I'm out of medicine. No one else has generic Excedrin, just aspirin or ibuprofen which do nothing for me.

In short, I'm kind of miserable.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: August 14, 2020, 11:53:55 AM »
I’m so sorry BlackCurtains. :hug:

I had a bad eczema flare up on my hands at the end of May and the pain was so bad I was almost in tears.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: August 18, 2020, 08:40:11 AM »
I’m really frustrated with my parents right now.  :enraged:

Ponyfan

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2739 on: August 18, 2020, 10:40:02 AM »
Quote from: Taffeta
@Beldarna - that stinks >< Is this supply issue because of Covid?

I don't know :(. None could tell. Med A was in bad supply already a year ago. I talked to my doctor about it and he seems upset that med B is dissapearing as well.

I tripped with my bike and hurt my left arm. No broken bones but I can't use it much. Also it's covered in scraps and bruises and so is my right leg. One could think I've been in a fight  >_<.

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: August 18, 2020, 11:35:44 AM »
I spent over $200 on a tower fan but now I don't think it was really worth it >_<
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: August 18, 2020, 12:29:20 PM »
So, I understand why Walmart has a mask rule, I really do, but there was an old man (I'm guessing in his 80s-90s) who was all by himself that didn't have a mask today and the lady at the door was telling him the she couldn't let him go inside without one.  Fortunately, as I was digging out a spare mask, someone else handed him one.  But seriously: What if he has a breathing condition and can't wear one?  Besides that, half of the Walmart employees that I see have their masks down around their chins.  If they aren't going to wear one properly I can't see how they can force that old man to wear one at all.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: August 19, 2020, 03:10:57 AM »
There was an article on the BBC today about someone being abused because of not wearing a mask...having a panic attack and is now afraid to leave her home.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-53827911

It's not the first, it won;t be the last, because the UK govt are doing nothing to protect exempted people. They just say "some people are exempt" and then leave it at that.

I get that masks are important too, though the mandation has severely restricted what I am able to do based on how long I can tolerate the mask on my face without suffocating or panicking that I can't breathe).

But even though masks are important, abusing someone for not wearing one is never acceptable. Chances are they have a reason.

For me it's just another example of how people with disabilities are still treated. I could fil this post with a lot of recent examples of ableism, but in covid terms, just things like abusing visually impaired people for not socially distancing...when obviously they can't discern that distance and you should distance FROM THEM.

And the govt mandated care home testing - but only for the elderly. Not the disabled. At the start of the crisis there were a number of papers which suggested people with disabilities would be overlooked for ventilation or medical treatment if there was a high demand for these things.

Fortunately the wording of that was challenged, things were reworded and it also never became a problem because the NHS was not overwhelmed.

A couple of years ago the Chancellor blamed the UK's lack of productivity on the rise in numbers of disabled people in work, who couldn't work as fast. And he didn't even have to apologise, much less quit. Another minister suggested disabled people should be paid less because they don't understand the value of money properly.

Ableist language is also rampant online, which helps to normalise attitudes. I genuinely saw someone say that not wearing a mask is terrorism akin to ISIS, and it took two complaints to get the comment taken down. THe first person didn't think it was a problem to imply disabled people with exemptions and those with health problems were the same as extremist suicide bombers.

So this is  not really a trivial complaint, but I am so fed up with unconscious ableism being just normalised and accepted. With all these movements to try and sort out other inequalities, it really bothers me that this one has been so left behind. Covid has just made it worse.

Most of the time though we're just expected to put up, shut up, and take it as a joke. I can only imagine how that would work if it was a different type of discrimination.

...Masks are just the thin end of the wedge for me. Every person who doesn't think this is a problem IS the problem.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 03:33:21 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: August 19, 2020, 03:44:36 AM »
Taffeta, do you wear the "sunflower lanyard" when out and about? I think most stores have had staff training to identify those wearers as having hidden disabilities thus shouldn't challenge you if you go maskless.

Took Dad out to the town centre on Monday as he had decided to buy a new phone and needed his old SIM card changed to nano-size. Queued outside the store, they took his details and said he would be allowed in after they had finished serving their customer... it was then his turn so I left him to it while I had a quick browse of the shops.

4 pounds charge to park for under an hour. Daylight robbery. If we had gone to the next town it would have been half that!!

Oh - my tooth went CRAZY at the weekend, the molar nerve caused the side of my face to ache: jaw, cheek, eye socket, even loud noises and lights made me feel queasy.

Managed to grab a late cancellation on Tuesday so had my root-canal done quickly and efficiently by a very experienced (and gentle) dentist. Gums a bit sore after the treatment but I no longer hurt when I take a step, so, silver linings!

Oh, the poor dental assistants, dressed in full PPE, aprons, visors, respirators, gloves... thankfully our heatwave has subsided but wow, what a way to spend your day at work!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: August 19, 2020, 04:23:15 AM »
No...I don't.

I do have an Autism Alert card but I have only ever used it once, at an airport, when it was really manic and I wanted to get a time out in the disability lounge.

But I am really uncomfortable broadcasting my disability to strangers in an obvious way. I tend to get overloaded by having a lot of attention focused my way, and I've had a few times when I've had to explain my disability that have ended up making things worse (the full scale argument between two passengers about whether it was ok for me to have my case with me on the train springs to mind...) and drawing more attention.

So yeah, I try and keep myself to myself when I'm out as much as possible, so as not to attract undue attention. It means trying to pretend I'm not lost when I am a lot of the time though xD. I'm sure some people think I'm casing stores when I walk around them five times before I find the exit xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal