collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466475 times)

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2295 on: February 17, 2020, 08:22:25 AM »
I've been cooped up in the house for about 5 weeks now and I would greatly enjoy resuming my regularly scheduled programming as soon as possible.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: February 18, 2020, 06:21:02 AM »
My go to store for the latest anime releases is once again not stocking the titles I'm most interested in. I don't expect the store to stock every anime title, but I do wish they'd stock the latest releases especially when it's a highly anticipated release

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: February 18, 2020, 07:15:17 AM »
I've been cooped up in the house for about 5 weeks now and I would greatly enjoy resuming my regularly scheduled programming as soon as possible.

I feel your pain.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: February 18, 2020, 07:26:15 AM »
My drawing capacity exceeds what I can imagine and improving so slowly is frustrating.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2299 on: February 18, 2020, 10:52:37 AM »
My mom fell last night and couldn't get up. We couldn't get her up ourselves and had to call the paramedics to come do it. They are required to make a note of falls and after a certain number of times, they will take you to a hospital/nursing home. I think it's some kind of law in Florida (or every state, i don't know). Anyway, she's fallen before and we've had to call paramedics. Once they took her to the ER because she thought she broke her arm (she didn't though just hurt it badly). My sister and I can't remember how many times this makes, or what number at they come to get you.

Not that a nursing home or hospital rehab center or whatever wouldn't be good for her... I think it would benefit her actually. She's a better person around strangers and takes better care of herself. She treats us like garbage, ha. But still it would be odd if she was gone.

Just doing a lot of thinking since I've been awake since 3:30 this morning.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: February 18, 2020, 11:13:23 AM »
Tried listening to "The Count of Monte Cristo" but there are so many side stories that I just can't focus on it.  I like the classics but some of them I have to read myself because I can't follow it when someone else reads it to me.  :P

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: February 20, 2020, 04:18:08 PM »
I've been battling a cold this week.  I've been coming to work because I don't like to give up my vacation hours just because the parents here don't love their children enough to leave them home when they're sick.  The only times I get sick are when parents bring their sick children to the library to cough and sneeze and wipe boogers all over everything.  Because if they're too sick to go to school, they MUST need to come to the library because if they don't get brand new movies to watch their little worlds will just end.

Today I decided I could come in to work even though I felt worse than yesterday because I was supposed to have a day in my office and not be on the desk.  Well, someone else called out (who always calls out when they just don't feel like getting out of bed--there's a reason I have almost 300 hours of vacation saved up and they don't even have 10) and I had to cover on the desk for them.  Again.  So now I don't feel good and I have a headache and on top of that I didn't get 90% of what I needed to get done today done so I'm behind because someone else couldn't be bothered to show up.  Again.  If I wake up not feeling 1000% tomorrow, I'm calling out so someone else can cover the desk for ME for once. :sick:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2302 on: February 20, 2020, 10:05:20 PM »
One would think the roads downtown would be better kept. When I worked at the mall ouside of town I could bike or walk in either weather, which I did, because the walkways were kept. But going down to the city center is a deathtrap of ice, slush and more ice and the occasional spot of dry road. I could walk to my former work all year round without feeling at risk of falling and breaking my bones. Now I need to take the bus because I don't dare walk to walk. It's just :nuts:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2303 on: February 21, 2020, 10:24:57 AM »
Supermarkets not watering the plants they want to sell you.

People leaving plants to suffer and die is one of my pet peeves.

Did rescue some though.

Also...

All the fuss over the UK passport going back to being blue is so annoying.

I never had a blue passport, as I had my first one after they went burgundy. While mine is burgundy and has a long time to run on it before it expires, it really irks me that there's this whole fanfare about blue being more iconically British.

In the past, maybe it was, but this isn't the past and we haven't been living in that since 1988.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 05:53:07 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: February 25, 2020, 04:40:53 PM »
They rescheduled my dentist appointment from 5PM to 4PM and I had to get there in a rush!
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2305 on: February 26, 2020, 06:25:29 PM »
The flooding.

I'm not affected here, but the stuff being shown all over the news is really not that far from here. I mean, this isn't even just local flooding, this is on the national news, that's how bad it is :/ Yeah, this river is aggressive and wild at times and everyone in the region knows it, but this is extreme since it's actually breaking or breaching its barriers all along the flow of the river.

One of the local towns, which is basically surrounded by the river anyway, shut down its station because of the floods. All the trains in this area basically go through there one way or another, so that meant no trains for 2 days, pretty much. Although my sister somehow managed to find one to get back home this afternoon...most of them are still out even now the water is starting to recede there.

The flooding is really bad in this region. A lot of people have been evacuated, homes flooded (some twice) and it looks like raining again over the weekend. Hearing so many stories, it just makes me hope it all settles down soon.

I don't think it can get to us here, I think we're far enough from the river...but yeah, it's all pretty terrifying :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: February 27, 2020, 07:34:43 AM »
Only one of my chocolate habanero seeds sprouted, so I picked it out and repotted it ... and it's wilted overnight  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: February 28, 2020, 07:44:20 AM »
Just my newly adopted cats freaking out if we move furniture to clean it.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: February 28, 2020, 10:03:20 AM »
It's only Feb and I'm ready tired of US political ads.  :enraged:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: February 28, 2020, 10:09:33 AM »
I'm going to request not to work with one of my co-workers anymore.  Her Majesty is getting on my nerves.  She is NOT my boss but if I'm not where she thinks I ought to be, doing what she thinks I ought to be doing, she asks "Is someone covering your shift today?  Because I wasn't sure if you were working it."  Just because she calls out and expects everyone else to do her work because she doesn't feel like getting out of bed doesn't mean that the rest of us (who actually show up to work on time) aren't doing our jobs. :enraged:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal