collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466427 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2205 on: January 03, 2020, 02:10:04 PM »
I'm meeting with a new therapist because my regular one is MIA (or she quit/was fired - I don't know the details). I'm so nervous meeting new people but it's especially so since it's at my house and she'll be inside. I'm not worried about my pony or other collections but my room is so small and there's just stuff everywhere. Ugh. Where is my regular therapist? :cry:

Edit: She cancelled on me. Again. We were supposed to meet yesterday and she "forgot" now today she got lost trying to find my house and gave up. She wants to meet tomorrow instead. So that's three days of me being a nervous wreck, not getting sleep, anxiously waiting for someone. Gosh, I sure am glad I'm listed as a critical patient otherwise how would I be treated???

:cloud:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 02:48:37 PM by BlackCurtains »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: January 03, 2020, 03:22:01 PM »
They're getting dumber. 
I just had a patron tell me she couldn't find Stephanie Meyer's The Host and I told her it would be under Sci-Fic Fantasy Meyer and she said, "Yeah, I know but I'm not seeing it" as she pointed to books with a call number of Sci-Fic Fantasy Star Trek. 

I wonder why she couldn't find it... :argh:

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: January 08, 2020, 01:24:43 PM »
Edit: She cancelled on me. Again. We were supposed to meet yesterday and she "forgot" now today she got lost trying to find my house and gave up. She wants to meet tomorrow instead. So that's three days of me being a nervous wreck, not getting sleep, anxiously waiting for someone. Gosh, I sure am glad I'm listed as a critical patient otherwise how would I be treated???

:cloud:

Oh man, I understand this SO well... I'm the same way. I've had a couple of days in a row ruined by the fact that someone was supposed to call or come over too. I can't handle that AT ALL. People really don't get this... Sorry I'm no help, I just wanted to say that I do get this. :(

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline pawpatrolbab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Never be afraid to be yourself
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2208 on: January 09, 2020, 08:23:18 AM »
Super emotionally drained from Twitter, wether it's disasters in the world or callout posts. Wish things could just be nice for once
🌈Wordpress Blog: https://natescoloringbook.wordpress.com/
✨Tumblr Blog: https://crayoncritter.tumblr.com/
I don't have much of a collection anymore due to immigrating but I hope to bring my trade score up so I can participate in the future! Always open and looking to make friends with fellow adults 💙 Please don't hesitate to shoot me a message!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2209 on: January 09, 2020, 08:44:06 AM »
Super emotionally drained from Twitter, wether it's disasters in the world or callout posts. Wish things could just be nice for once
I hear you on that.  :sleepy: My friends use Twitter to start fights with posts that are so obviously bait, or they keep retweeting bigoted takes that I don't really care to see. It's like everyone forgot how to use the block button, or to be courteous and just not put dumb stuff on my timeline. I so miss when Tumblr was more active, at least people could blacklist stuff. Twitter really needs something of that ilk.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline pawpatrolbab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Never be afraid to be yourself
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2210 on: January 09, 2020, 04:36:54 PM »
I hear you on that.  :sleepy: My friends use Twitter to start fights with posts that are so obviously bait, or they keep retweeting bigoted takes that I don't really care to see. It's like everyone forgot how to use the block button, or to be courteous and just not put dumb stuff on my timeline. I so miss when Tumblr was more active, at least people could blacklist stuff. Twitter really needs something of that ilk.

I definately agree, Twitter does allow you to mute words now but the feature sadly doesn't work most of the time. I've honestly considered making a Tumblr account again at some point but I always remember the site being extremely drama-centric and focused so I'd be worried of that happening again. But maybe since NSFW has been wiped it's been better?
🌈Wordpress Blog: https://natescoloringbook.wordpress.com/
✨Tumblr Blog: https://crayoncritter.tumblr.com/
I don't have much of a collection anymore due to immigrating but I hope to bring my trade score up so I can participate in the future! Always open and looking to make friends with fellow adults 💙 Please don't hesitate to shoot me a message!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2211 on: January 09, 2020, 04:43:59 PM »
I definately agree, Twitter does allow you to mute words now but the feature sadly doesn't work most of the time. I've honestly considered making a Tumblr account again at some point but I always remember the site being extremely drama-centric and focused so I'd be worried of that happening again. But maybe since NSFW has been wiped it's been better?
It's definitely quieter. It's all about who you follow. I follow a bunch of aesthetic and pony accounts and I rarely if ever hear of any drama on there.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2212 on: January 09, 2020, 05:14:40 PM »
It's definitely quieter. It's all about who you follow. I follow a bunch of aesthetic and pony accounts and I rarely if ever hear of any drama on there.

I am the trogladyte of Social Media but I use tumblr now for translations in an anime community (long story short, I was going to do the translations, had nowhere to put them, someone in the fandom suggested tumblr, taught me how to use it, now I put them there). I have no idea what else goes on on  tumblr outside of this fandom and frankly, this corner of the fandom but it suits me fine. At worst I get bombarded by Haikyuu, Furuba or Bungo Stray Dogs fanart, because a lot of people are cross-fandoms, but I can handle that xD.

It's actually the safest area of space for this community I've found since the other options are reddit (nuff said) and discord (which would be fine except it's in the stranglehold of a clique of trolls and literally everyone who tries to join ends up leaving or muting all the main channels and only staying for the manga notifications. But that is my only experience of tumblr, and everything I post is entirely linked to the anime stuff, and not anything in my real life.

The fandom in question has some controversial fan faction points that flare up sometimes (mostly in the discord because of the aforementioned troll clique) but I try to avoid them and so far, so good.

I don't understand twitter nor do I want to use it since there have been several cases here of people being prosecuted for hate crimes on twitter. That tells me that I don't want to use that platform as it's full of trolls as well as nice people.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 05:16:19 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: January 09, 2020, 06:31:59 PM »
During the Sentai Filmworks holiday sale I purchased a blu-ray and the second episode won't play on it.  It freezes and skips to the third episode.  So I contacted Sentai to ask if they can replace just that disc because the rest of it works great.  Well, after over a week of waiting for a response, they told me it was probably because my player needed an update. Um...no.  I tried the disc on my parents' blu-ray player (which is only about 2 years old) and it did the exact same thing.  Froze at the beginning of the episode and jumped to the third one.  And if it was a problem with my player, why would the other 21 episodes play just fine????

I hate stupid support people who are just too lazy to do their jobs. 

So I contacted the company that makes the show in the first place, telling them about Sentai's response and we'll see if they're any more helpful.

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: January 10, 2020, 03:31:23 AM »
This may not be too related to the topic, but it is a trivial thingy. I'm making wishlists with pictures and I'm wondering how one would go about crediting the photographers? Or if I should ask them before posting them online? I just don't want to be a dick.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: January 10, 2020, 12:14:46 PM »
During the Sentai Filmworks holiday sale I purchased a blu-ray and the second episode won't play on it.  It freezes and skips to the third episode.  So I contacted Sentai to ask if they can replace just that disc because the rest of it works great.  Well, after over a week of waiting for a response, they told me it was probably because my player needed an update. Um...no.  I tried the disc on my parents' blu-ray player (which is only about 2 years old) and it did the exact same thing.  Froze at the beginning of the episode and jumped to the third one.  And if it was a problem with my player, why would the other 21 episodes play just fine????

I hate stupid support people who are just too lazy to do their jobs. 

So I contacted the company that makes the show in the first place, telling them about Sentai's response and we'll see if they're any more helpful.

I hope you get a better response from the company that makes the Blu Ray set.

One year for Christmas I got a copy of Ducktales on DVD. When I opened it one disc was missing out of the set. It was still sealed in factory plastic wrap when I got it.  I contacted Disney and after I sent them the information they requested Disney replaced the entire set for free.

I have no energy today and I can't figure out why.

Ponyfan 

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2216 on: January 10, 2020, 02:33:06 PM »
I felt good when I went to bed but when i woke up I felt awful. I wanted to get some things done today but I don't have the energy or motivation.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2217 on: January 11, 2020, 01:24:47 AM »
I'm in total zombie mode today. I do stuff by default, but it feels like I'm not 100% present.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: January 11, 2020, 08:42:08 AM »
Sometimes I really can't stand being short and fat. >_< Well, I never enjoy it (especially the fat part), but sometimes the confrontation is too much. I bought this lovely blouse, but those things NEVER sit right on me! Anything with an accentuated waistline looks stupid on me. If I were thin, I'd just buy a small size and everything would be cool. But nooo, I need the biggest size, which is also about a mile longer than the smallest size, so the waistline falls pretty much on my hips... :pout:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2219 on: January 11, 2020, 02:39:27 PM »
This may not be too related to the topic, but it is a trivial thingy. I'm making wishlists with pictures and I'm wondering how one would go about crediting the photographers? Or if I should ask them before posting them online? I just don't want to be a dick.

You should ask first if it's something that's going to be public :) I dunno if it is pony related, but if it were me personally I would be pretty upset if someone was using my images without asking first.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 02:41:21 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal