collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467341 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2010 on: October 15, 2019, 04:33:36 PM »
@ Taffeta -

Spoiler
It's awful, isn't it? I'm not involved in fanfiction communities, but behaviors like you described are exactly why I avoid participating in fandoms - vintage MLP aside, of course. I fully understand being passionate over a series, but some people get unhealthily riled-up over something that, at the end of the day, is meant for entertainment. :huh:

Gah. Yeah.

I'm too old for drama.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2011 on: October 16, 2019, 02:33:30 PM »
I'm going to be late for an exam. This stresses me out so much. I think I might be ok and he'll let me take the test anyway (10-15 minutes) but I'm really upset and it's starting a domino effect in my head. I felt like a city college was the only option and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Ugh. It would be a waste to drop out and it's not a rational thought but navigating everything is very difficult when I'm still sick all the time.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2012 on: October 16, 2019, 02:36:45 PM »
Robocalls are SO. IRRITATING.

The house phone rings every 15 freakin' minutes. They call on my cell too. I report them to the Do Not Call website but everyday there is a new one. Now I'm getting them for credit card debt. I don't even have a credit card :mad: At least the ones about "your social security number is at risk" (which doesn't even make sense) have stopped. One of those my mom answered and got through to a person and asked where they were located. They said after a pause New York, USA. lol

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: October 16, 2019, 04:24:02 PM »

The house phone rings every 15 freakin' minutes. They call on my cell too. I report them to the Do Not Call website but everyday there is a new one. Now I'm getting them for credit card debt. I don't even have a credit card :mad: At least the ones about "your social security number is at risk" (which doesn't even make sense) have stopped. One of those my mom answered and got through to a person and asked where they were located. They said after a pause New York, USA. lol

She should have told them that she knew they were a scam because the Social Security Office is obviously located in Miami Beach... :P

My favorite one was the one claiming that I owed money to the IRS after I got my tax return.  They said that they were monitoring my assets (home and vehicle) so when I reported them to the IRS and Do Not Call Registry I put in my complaint that I felt unsafe because they clearly stipulated that they were stalking me.  And since the idiots put in their robocall where to contact them, the government knew just how to get ahold of them.  I haven't gotten another one from them...

My trivial complaint is that I'm trying to take vacation from work but nobody I work with is stepping in to cover my shifts.  I'm going whether they cover them or not, I can call in sick those three days and they'll have to cover them anyway.  But it annoys me because whenever they want to go, I'm willing to cover for them.  I have almost 300 hours of vacation that I need to start using because I haven't used any for the last couple of years but everyone else goes as soon as they get their hours and I get to hear complaining about how they want to take a long vacation but they can't because they can't get enough vacation hours.  It isn't my fault they call in every time they don't feel like getting out of bed. And other people complain about wanting more money but they don't want to work the extra hours for it.  It's ridiculous.

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2014 on: October 16, 2019, 06:17:23 PM »

We get them so often on the house phone. I'm confused as to why we haven't just dropped it but i wouldn't have another phone number to put on websites so they would end up calling my personal cell all the time instead...
My mom played stupid with one call and held up a representative for 5-10 minutes once...that was fun.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2015 on: October 16, 2019, 11:30:48 PM »
Monday two weeks ago, I accidentaly broke a customers phone while doing a battery replacement. I'm not even sure how I did it, but one of the 'buttons' on the motherboard broke when I tried to put the sensors back on. The customer wasn't too happy about it which I can understand, but she was fully cooperative when I made the arrangement for sending her phone to the workshop and giving her a replacement for the time being, I even downloaded and installed the apps she wanted. The full affair took about four hours.

When we send broken phones into the workshop, routines stipulate very clearly that we can drop the matter until the phone gest back into the store, the repairmen in the shop will do all the communication with the customer. Well, the woman had called the store Monday (my day off) and talked to the manager. He sent an email to the workshop asking about the phone and got the reply that they were awaiting a replacement and had talked to the customer. The manager emailed back asking when they had talked to her to which he recieved no reply.

Tuesday she called again and I took the call. I knew nothing of the mail conversation or that she had called the previous day, but when I logged on the repair site and looked for updates on her phone it simply stood she would get a new unit and it looked like it was sent to us so I informed the customer that it looked like it was in the mail.

Yesterday (Wednesday) she called again. This time I knew about the email convo but she said none had contacted her at all about her phone. I promised the customer to call the shop and ask for an update and she said she would call back within the hour. The man at the shop said there must have been some miscommunication. The phone was not in the mail, they were till awaiting it. He told me the entire status of the errand and said he would talk to the guy handling this and have him call the customer.

The customer never called within the time frame she said so I was positive the repairshop had called her and told her what was happening. But no. She called again about four hours later and my coworker was the unfortunate one to take the call. Now the customer was threatening legal action and demanded not a new phone likewise the one I broke, but a better one. She also said she was gonna call again today.

The thing is, I get the customer I really do. She wants answers and don't get any and everytime she calls there is a new person. But the whole situation is becomming really uncomfortable as well. We tell the customers the timeframe for packing the phone, sending it away to the shop, the shop working on it or ordering a new one and then pack it and send is back is about ten business days. It has not even been ten businessdays. I'm also angry at the shop for not comunicating with her, which leads her to call us. The chain of communication is too long. They should talk to her as they have the answers she needs. Right now, my store is just the middleman. I'm dreading today, if she calls I'm not sure what to do.. might as well ignore it until manager arrives and can take care of things. At the same time I feel awful because I was the one who broke it, it feels like I'm responsible for the entire mess because of it  -_-.

/Rant

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: October 17, 2019, 05:02:35 AM »
I'm sorry that is happening to you Beldarana.

I have to spend a lot of time with a neighbor. She is a nice person but she has some very set ideas on what can and can not be discussed in front of her and a lot of times her reasoning for deciding what falls in to the "can't be discussed" category doesn't make sense. For example I was telling her about a commercial I saw that featured the character Forky from Toy Story Story 4. She replied saying that "She hated the name Forky because it sounded like a stupid name."  When I mentioned Disney inspired engagement rings she said "Do you know anyone personally that has gotten married at Disney?"  However, right after she said that she started talking about some people she knew that did get married at Disney so I don't know why she was making such a big deal about it when I was talking about it.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2017 on: October 18, 2019, 08:20:26 AM »
Woke up with another bad headache. Those are the worst.

I want to go back to bed but I'm waiting for a phone call. I'm afraid I won't hear t if I fall asleep even though my phone always wakes me up anyway. It's an important call so I guess I'll just have to stay up and suffer.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: October 18, 2019, 11:42:07 AM »
Think my computer is wearing out. It's been cutting out randomly, and the monitor keeps flickering and making a somewhat sinister hissing sound ever since it last cut out... I really, really don't want a Windows 10 computer as my main one :sad:

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2019 on: October 18, 2019, 11:45:37 AM »
Got a NPB and someone lowballing me on eBay. I know my prices are a bit wonky but $16 is NOT $20.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: October 18, 2019, 09:22:42 PM »
It's my favorite kind of weather....cloudy, cool, and a little windy.  But the humidity is like 1000% and ruining everything.

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: October 19, 2019, 01:47:54 PM »
At the fast check out line in the market today (20 items or less), the lady ahead of me had a total of $48 and change.  She gave the cashier $50 in one dollar bills, so we all had to wait while he counted them out.
Thanks lady, thanks a lot. 

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2022 on: October 20, 2019, 12:07:55 AM »
I'm sorry that is happening to you Beldarana.

Thanks Ponyfan. It solved itself, thanks to my manager stepping in and working some magic.

I finnished a great book yesterday and I miss it. The weather today is perfect for reading that story. I'm not sure what I want to read now,

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2023 on: October 20, 2019, 07:23:19 AM »
Without dragging this thread into the controversial mire of politics, I'll leave it up to your varied imaginations.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: October 21, 2019, 01:42:19 AM »
The air pollution this week has been horrible, not surprising since I live in China but it is causing a coughthat wont go away.
It wasn't so bad when I lived in the western part of China, the air was ususally OK but the eastern seaboard is not so great.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 01:43:56 AM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal