collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467376 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1965 on: September 20, 2019, 06:09:45 PM »
No matter how much I should be used to it after so many years, I still can't help but feel really depressed and frustrated when I look at the 15 day forecast and it's hitting the upper 80s and 90s for highs every single day.

There's no sign of fall in sight.  :sad:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1966 on: September 21, 2019, 02:29:45 PM »
No matter how much I should be used to it after so many years, I still can't help but feel really depressed and frustrated when I look at the 15 day forecast and it's hitting the upper 80s and 90s for highs every single day.

There's no sign of fall in sight.  :sad:

*gives some British rain*

It's actually quite warm here too during the day at the moment, though nothing like that. It's nice warm, not scary warm. But autumn officially begins today.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: September 22, 2019, 08:50:03 AM »
Stereotypical British problem: yet another umbrella broke on me today. I'm thinking of treating one of my cotton jackets with otter wax to make it waterproof as a more practical alternative but I'm a bit concerned about potentially making a total mess of it. :/
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 09:52:40 AM by Miniature Sheep »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: September 23, 2019, 09:30:05 AM »
It's sunny outside so some genius returned their DVDs completely soaking wet this morning.  :argh:  It's not just today and that is, sadly, one of the more intelligent things that happens here.

I can't decide if people everywhere are too stupid to function (and I was just too young to notice) or if the area where I live is specifically populated with a special breed of stupid so the government can study them without having to cover too many areas.  I don't recall people being this dumb anywhere else that I've lived.   These people are so incompetent that I'm to the point where I wonder how some of them breathe without help.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 09:33:25 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: September 23, 2019, 09:32:06 AM »
It's sunny outside so some genius returned their DVDs completely soaking wet this morning.  :argh:  It's not just today and that is, sadly, one of the more intelligent things that happens here.

I can't decide if people everywhere are too stupid to function (and I was just too young to notice) or if where I currently live is specifically populated with a special breed of stupid so the government can study them without having to cover too many areas.  I don't recall people being this dumb anywhere else that I've lived.   These people are so incompetent that I'm to the point where I wonder how some of them breathe without help.

It's not you. THis is the world. It's awesome -.-.

Also, having worked in libraries, I've also met the awesome face to face on a few occasions in the past.

This area...is not a good place for brains. I have been known to refer to it as moron central.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: September 23, 2019, 12:16:08 PM »

I can't decide if people everywhere are too stupid to function (and I was just too young to notice) or if where I currently live is specifically populated with a special breed of stupid so the government can study them without having to cover too many areas.  I don't recall people being this dumb anywhere else that I've lived.   These people are so incompetent that I'm to the point where I wonder how some of them breathe without help.

Also, having worked in libraries, I've also met the awesome face to face on a few occasions in the past.

This area...is not a good place for brains. I have been known to refer to it as moron central.

I work at a library where the employees don't know the alphabet and think I am being unreasonable for wanting them to not only learn it but actually use it.  Moron Central sounds like an intellectual haven compared to what I deal with.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: September 23, 2019, 01:44:47 PM »

I work at a library where the employees don't know the alphabet and think I am being unreasonable for wanting them to not only learn it but actually use it.  Moron Central sounds like an intellectual haven compared to what I deal with.

Sounds like a pretty poor job match up. I mean, I have problems number sequencing so I was never left in charge of shelving and shelf tidying dewey, but I made up for it by trading my share of the non fiction tidying with someone else's abc shelving. There are ways and means...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline beajjai033

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • "It will all be worth it in the end."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: September 24, 2019, 05:30:12 AM »
It's already 1:30pm, on my 2nd cup of coffee, and my body and brain cells say no to coffee and work and yes to sleep  :lookround: >_<

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1973 on: September 24, 2019, 08:55:20 AM »
The internet has been out all night and a tech was supposed to be here between 1 and 3. My extremely trivial complaint is he was here at 11:30. I wasn't really awake yet and not ready for him. But he fixed the issue. Usually they're late, I get the one guy who's early. Pffft.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: September 26, 2019, 12:14:24 PM »
I ate out today and the waitress did not refill my drink even once. She also did not bring the ketchup I asked for until after I finished eating.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1975 on: September 26, 2019, 01:02:33 PM »
My eye keeps leaking! :bawl:

I thought there was an eyelash in it but I can't see anything.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1976 on: September 26, 2019, 08:25:42 PM »
Pokemon Duel mobile game is being closed down at the end of October.  I'm so bummed.  It's sooo much better than Pokemon Go, but it never got any marketing.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1977 on: September 26, 2019, 10:46:16 PM »
We got all the Halloween stuff to the store yesterday so I spent the entire evening packing up and checking it off the list. I used to love this, but now I just feel like meh.. I don't get excited at all.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: September 27, 2019, 10:20:43 AM »
I just shelved an entire cart and a half of picture books (8 shelves of approx 75 books each) in a building with no air conditioning this morning.  It's SO hot!  Even people who aren't moving around much are complaining about how hot it is.  But the building's fine according to the people who don't want to build a new one.  We'll see if they agree when our older patrons start passing out from the heat.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: September 27, 2019, 10:25:36 AM »
Working without air conditioning is terrible. :hot: Where I work the main office usually turns off the ac/heat around 3:00-3:30 and it can get very uncomfortable if you need to stay later.

I think I have a cold. I have been taking extra Vitamin C to try to make it go away faster but I'm not sure it's working.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal