collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467026 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1920 on: August 29, 2019, 08:20:44 AM »
A really trivial complaint... Last December my phone went out and I had to take it to one of those places that fixes them. When I was there the worker convinced me to get a new screen cover that he said was super resistant to scratches and cracks.

That's been true, up until this last week, when mysteriously scratches have begun to appear all over the screen cover. They're small, but still noticeable. I don't even know where they're coming from. I have not even been rough with my phone, putting it against things that would scratch it... The scratches are just appearing, and they've all appeared in the last week or so.  :wonder:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1921 on: August 29, 2019, 02:19:35 PM »
Here's something super trivial: My friend is getting lots of help from her parents to pay for college and I am not. She does NOT understand that no, I don't want to pay to go visit her via the train, because that's money I don't want to spend NOR do I want to go that far into the city. She's also bugging me just in a bunch of smaller ways. It's like she suddenly doesn't understand the concept of money or wanting to save it?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: August 29, 2019, 04:24:39 PM »
Here's something super trivial: My friend is getting lots of help from her parents to pay for college and I am not. She does NOT understand that no, I don't want to pay to go visit her via the train, because that's money I don't want to spend NOR do I want to go that far into the city. She's also bugging me just in a bunch of smaller ways. It's like she suddenly doesn't understand the concept of money or wanting to save it?

That's almost the same problem I have, but a bit different.  I have really good money habits so certain friends of mine that do not just assume that it's okay to have me pay for stuff and then never get around to paying me back.  One of my co-workers (who has terrible money habits and no money even though we make the same amount) is constantly in my office asking if she can drink my water/soda (I only keep caffeinated soda on hand for my migraines, but she drinks it all), if I have headache medicine she can "borrow", and if she can have crackers, string cheese, candy, or whatever other snacks I have on hand.  She doesn't bring me anything.  I feel like a grocery store/pharmacy some days. 

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1923 on: August 29, 2019, 06:59:47 PM »
I’m sorry to hear that. :( Depression sucks, I know... I hope you can take it easy for a while and focus on your health. :hug: My thoughts and prayers are with you.

@Black Curtains - I hope you feel better soon :(

Thanks, I am finally feeling better. One of my medications was upped by 10mg and it seems to be making a big difference.

---

My complaint for the day - the non-local weather people acting like doomsayers about hurricane Dorian. Look, I live in a hurricane area and I know how important it is to prepare and have a plan and all that jazz, but some of these weather people, especially on the Weather Channel, are just SO over the top about it. It's way too early to even tell where it will go and there are a lot of things in its way, dry air, areas of high and low pressure, that can make or break it - literally! But you hear these people talk and they're comparing it to hurricane Andrew? Really?! Because one of the models kinda looks like the path Andrew took? C'mon people!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: August 29, 2019, 07:21:35 PM »
I have discovered my duvet covers that I got off eBay forever ago for a new bed ... are for double duvets, not single  :cry: No wonder the first one didn't fit right! Need to get ANOTHER duvet cover and sheet set that actually fits now

I am genuinely annoyed there are very few Monster High single duvet covers, and where are the Lion King ones?? Primark has DOUBLES but no singles??

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: August 30, 2019, 09:40:40 AM »
I have discovered my duvet covers that I got off eBay forever ago for a new bed ... are for double duvets, not single  :cry: No wonder the first one didn't fit right! Need to get ANOTHER duvet cover and sheet set that actually fits now

I am genuinely annoyed there are very few Monster High single duvet covers, and where are the Lion King ones?? Primark has DOUBLES but no singles??

Just get a cheap double-duvet inner from Tesco - having a double cover over a single bed just makes it more cosy!  :cool:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1926 on: August 30, 2019, 10:38:42 AM »
I'm home :(

Not that I don't like my home or my family, and my ponies are here. And hopefully it's a temporary stop while I figure out next steps.

But I really wanted to stay in London.

And I really want to go back.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: August 31, 2019, 01:06:50 AM »
I have been trying to go to sleep for hours and not having any success.  Usually soft noises like fans or air conditioning running help me sleep but tonight I heard every click when the ac came on  :zzz:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1928 on: August 31, 2019, 07:51:58 AM »
I have been trying to go to sleep for hours and not having any success.  Usually soft noises like fans or air conditioning running help me sleep but tonight I heard every click when the ac came on  :zzz:

I can relate to this 100%. I hear every little thing usually and it keeps me up so I got a white noise machine like this one and I love it. It drowns everything out and makes a natural, non-repeating fan noise.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: August 31, 2019, 11:01:25 AM »
I bought a couple of DVDs from a second-hand store. I just came home and saw that the store assistant didn't put one of the DVDs into its box. Now, I know the store won't make a fuss about either giving me the DVD or refunding my money, so that's not the issue. I'm just annoyed that I'll have to go back to the store, when I'm so busy at the moment and *really* don't have time for this.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1930 on: September 01, 2019, 08:19:44 AM »
I slept funny and my neck and shoulder are killing me :pout:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: September 04, 2019, 09:53:14 AM »
I’ve been on antibiotics since last week and I feel worse today than I have in several days. :(

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1932 on: September 04, 2019, 10:01:55 AM »
I’ve been on antibiotics since last week and I feel worse today than I have in several days. :(

Ponyfan

:hug: Feel better!!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: September 04, 2019, 01:37:48 PM »
Our front porch needs to be redone, the thing is 100 years old and starting to lean. Hey at least it lasted this long.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: September 04, 2019, 03:07:22 PM »

Ponyfan

:hug: Feel better!!

Thank you Taffeta.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal