collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466558 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1545 on: April 29, 2019, 09:00:03 AM »
I have stuff to do.

The fact I'm here means I'm not doing it.

I thought that this week I'd actually get a few days break without having to focus on my thesis. BUT apparently not. I realise getting it done sooner is better. But I have spent so long going over this thing I am thoroughly sick of it now.

Sigh. I'm going to start dreaming about it soon...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: May 02, 2019, 12:37:09 PM »
Our pre-order STILL isn't here! :pout: :argh:

The album was released last Friday, they claimed it would be "shipped in time for release date". NOT. I have never pre-ordered something before, and I never will again. Usually I just go to the store on the release date of an album I want, but I wanted to buy this one directly from the official store because this is a special album (the very last album of The Cranberries).

I can't believe it. I have been a huge and true fan since '94, now their very last album is out, and almost a week after its release I still haven't heard it. :cloud:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: May 02, 2019, 02:07:35 PM »
I went back to an antique/vintage store to look at the G1 MLPs with my mom again, since I didn't get a good look at them last time. I had seen that Raincurl was there, and I really wanted her. I was so ready to get her, but then she costed $30. Now that may be a standard price, and she is in really good condition, with great curls still in tact and everything (just mentioning this makes me so depressed lol) but I'm extremely short on money. I could buy Raincurl and have no fun money at all for who knows how long (health and job complications. I'm not making any money any time soon. T.T). If I had money, there would have been no stopping me.

My mom also was there to keep me down to earth. I'm quite an impulsive buyer, especially for something this cute. I'm sooo sad I can't have it.

|My Collection|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: May 02, 2019, 03:29:29 PM »
I do not understand why it's apparently considered abnormal for people not to drive. Quite a lot of people appear to commute to work on public transport, I know this because I see a lot of the same folks on the bus each morning, they're presumably not just going up to Bollington at the crack of dawn for a lark. I keep getting asked about it and for some reason people get really defensive about the fact that I don't drive, like by making my own choice in life, I'm somehow automatically saying that others' choices are wrong or something, which I wouldn't do because I'm not a complete and utter specimen.
As it is, I probably couldn't learn to drive even if I wanted to because I have eyesight problems, but I shouldn't need to bring that up just because the fact that I live my life in a way that suits me is apparently inherently offensive. :/

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: May 02, 2019, 04:14:24 PM »
I do not understand why it's apparently considered abnormal for people not to drive. Quite a lot of people appear to commute to work on public transport, I know this because I see a lot of the same folks on the bus each morning, they're presumably not just going up to Bollington at the crack of dawn for a lark. I keep getting asked about it and for some reason people get really defensive about the fact that I don't drive, like by making my own choice in life, I'm somehow automatically saying that others' choices are wrong or something, which I wouldn't do because I'm not a complete and utter specimen.
As it is, I probably couldn't learn to drive even if I wanted to because I have eyesight problems, but I shouldn't need to bring that up just because the fact that I live my life in a way that suits me is apparently inherently offensive. :/

It's nobody's business but yours if you choose not to drive.  Quite frankly, if I lived in NYC, I wouldn't bother to drive because they have such good public transportation.  Perhaps you should look at them, smile sweetly and reply "They won't let me drive again until the last person I ran over is out of hospital."  :devious:

My complaint is that I'm trying to recreate artwork for DVDs at work (I work in a library) and I can't find pictures online to use, which means I'll have to make up something that will take longer than cutting and pasting.  Usually I can find what I need on eBay if nowhere else but this particular piece (the spine) isn't anywhere, not even eBay. 

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: May 02, 2019, 04:28:40 PM »

I also can't drive for eyesight reasons. Sadly, where I live public transportation is not very big. People don't actually usually bother me about not driving, but I always feel like such a huge burden upon my family and friends. I hate that I can't just meet my friends somewhere, that they have to come pick me up.

I also really dislike how having a driver's license is so fundamental and expected that the fact that there is actual separate state ID you can get is not common knowledge and I did not even know about it until 2014.

So much is tied to being able to drive where I live. I doubt people who are able to drive even think much of it.

|My Collection|

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: May 02, 2019, 05:15:01 PM »
I share that frustration! I had driving lessons for a long time but never passed. And though I probably could have done, eventually, I realised that my tendency to self destruct under the pressure of the test didn't bode well for me out on the road on my own.

I have great eyesight but really bad navigation. To the point that I have a bus pass and railcard, so yeah. That bad. But yeah, I get that too. The "oh, you don't drive?" thing. And then people arrange things that you need to drive to get to. Where my folks live, the buses, we had to fight so hard because "but everyone there drives!" (not). Even now the buses there are bad. I couldn't do much after 5 when I lived at home and I am frankly scared of leaving London and losing any sense of freedom by going elsewhere.

On the transport note, today I took a detour back to visit a store I like in London. Waited ages for the bus but it didn't come. So ended up getting lost and then walking half the way instead. Walked over Waterloo Bridge. The "it will immediately wash away and be gone forever!" paint daubed all over the bridge in the occupation the other week is still very much there, and looks like it's been spreading over the bridge. So what that's doing to the local birds and any urban nightlife is anyone's guess.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 05:25:29 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: May 02, 2019, 11:51:41 PM »
Oh man, people are always on my case about driving too. >_< I am 32, therefore I surely must have a drivers licence? Yeah, no. I couldn't do it either. There's no way on God's green earth that I could even afford lessons, let alone a CAR, and I would also be very scared all the time on the road. I have absolutely no problem with that (except sometimes when it seems like everyone has a car, and we are the only ones struggling to carry heavy things home), but ask anyone, I made all the wrong choices and I am not living a full life without a car! :freak:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: May 03, 2019, 02:39:22 PM »
Things I have learnt this year.

#1 Submitting an article is more difficult than writing an article.

#2 Submitting a PhD thesis is more difficult than writing a PhD thesis.

#3 The History Office hates all tutors. Spent 3 months trying to get a past paper for the students. Eventually gave up and told the students to go try themselves. 24 hours and they have the paper. Sigh.

#4 I need a holiday.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: May 04, 2019, 01:23:54 AM »
Because of stupid road construction work I took a wrong turn when driving to pick up a family member from a health resort and I ended up lost in the middle of countryside for two hours (the car doesn't have a GPS), and on my birthday too :yikes: :enraged:
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Ponyfan

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: May 04, 2019, 06:42:07 AM »
I also had bad experiences with driving lessons. Starting when I was a teen and although I took all of the lessons the instructor decided I "wasn't ready" and wouldn't give me my driver's ed certificate unless I got my license within a certain time frame. I didn't get in in time so never got the certificate. Fast forward several years and my parents bought me a used car that they thought was great but had several problems that were not disclosed by the seller including the fact that the car had been submerged at some point long enough for the break lines to rust out and brake.

I'm trying again to get my license but I've gotten a lot of the comments about not having a drivers license too.

I woke up extra early again and all of my usual strategies for trying to go back to sleep failed  :zzz:

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 06:50:39 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: May 04, 2019, 11:09:46 AM »
A broken Irishwoman went to the doctor... Sounds like a joke, right? Well, it was! :pout:

My own doctor didn't have time, so I saw a different one. She asked if I tried any painkillers yet, so I said that I tried an aspirin since paracetamol doesn't work for me. She asked what a meant... "Aspirin? You mean ibuprofen? Or naproxen?" No, just aspirin! In those white/green boxes? :blink: She had no idea... I'm not sure about other countries, but aspirin is the second most popular painkiller here, how a doctor doesn't know about its existence is beyond me...

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: May 04, 2019, 05:14:15 PM »
A broken Irishwoman went to the doctor... Sounds like a joke, right? Well, it was! :pout:

My own doctor didn't have time, so I saw a different one. She asked if I tried any painkillers yet, so I said that I tried an aspirin since paracetamol doesn't work for me. She asked what a meant... "Aspirin? You mean ibuprofen? Or naproxen?" No, just aspirin! In those white/green boxes? :blink: She had no idea... I'm not sure about other countries, but aspirin is the second most popular painkiller here, how a doctor doesn't know about its existence is beyond me...

If my doctor didn't know the difference between aspirin and ibuprofen I would run away!  I certainly wouldn't trust them with something hard!

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: May 05, 2019, 03:52:41 AM »
I had a dream that it was 2012 again except it turned out that the end of the world prophecy was confirmed 100% to be true :scared:
Inka Dinka Doo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal