collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467168 times)

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1455 on: February 21, 2019, 12:18:41 AM »
Its the last day of my 3 week Chinese New Year Holiday. I don't waaaana go back to work >.<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1456 on: February 21, 2019, 12:26:44 PM »
Rats.

Big rats.

In the communal rubbish area where I live, and the connecting garden.

I have never been scared of rats. But these were not particularly bothered that I was there. They unnerved me. And the fact that sometimes the rear door is left open during the day makes me worry about rats getting inside the main building as well.

I strongly disbelieve in killing animals as pests. But I also don't want them running all over the rubbish and the yard as they cause disease. Torn about what to do...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: February 21, 2019, 01:12:40 PM »
Rats.

Big rats.

I have never been scared of rats. But these were not particularly bothered that I was there. They unnerved me. And the fact that sometimes the rear door is left open during the day makes me worry about rats getting inside the main building as well.

I strongly disbelieve in killing animals as pests. But I also don't want them running all over the rubbish and the yard as they cause disease. Torn about what to do...

Disney World allows feral cats to roam the parks at night to keep the rodent population under control.  Perhaps you need to lure some strays into your area...

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: February 21, 2019, 01:50:07 PM »
Rats.

Big rats.

Disney World allows feral cats to roam the parks at night to keep the rodent population under control.  Perhaps you need to lure some strays into your area...

There is an urban fox that lurks these premises. I remember one of the halls near where I used to live got some cats, but I am not sure this landlord would do that. We don't have a lot of feral cats in London as far as I can tell. I was in Jerusalem last year and there were tons of the critters everywhere there - but I've never seen anything like that here.

It would be nice if the fox came to visit...that would be a natural solution to the problem.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Luxrayx

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: February 22, 2019, 10:51:18 AM »
Some company has apparently received permission to carve out ice from the already receding Svartisen glacier. For the sole purpose of selling it to high-end restaurants around the world to use as ice cubes. Never in my life have I heard of such a foolish decision, except maybe in one or two dystopian novels :huh:

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: February 22, 2019, 04:45:14 PM »
Some company has apparently received permission to carve out ice from the already receding Svartisen glacier. For the sole purpose of selling it to high-end restaurants around the world to use as ice cubes. Never in my life have I heard of such a foolish decision, except maybe in one or two dystopian novels :huh:

That sounds like something right out of a book and it's highly disturbing.

Transit card was loaded last night but the money didn't post today. So this morning I had to catch the next bus while I went to get cash. Just annoying, this is the third time it's happened to me in six months. The local transit companies are rolling out a cashless fare system.

Which is classist as heck, to load the cards one needs a bank account/debit card/credit card and access to the internet You can load it at some customer service kiosks but those a few and far between. My entire county has two, just two.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: February 22, 2019, 05:58:42 PM »
Finally found an old anime movie I remember from my childhood on DVD.  And the dub is different than the one I grew up with.  They did the same thing with the Smurfs and the Magic Flute movie.  I like the dubs I grew up with so much better.  :sigh:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: February 23, 2019, 07:56:56 PM »
I hurt my knee today and now it feels like if I could bend it it would feel better, but I can't bend it.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: February 24, 2019, 05:31:49 AM »
I just had a chicken and chorizo salad sandwich on some mild chilli bread and thoroughly enjoyed it, but it's prompted acid reflux. I never get acid reflux off of anything - why now?! Ugh. So I can't go eating that again, even if it is nice. -_-

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: February 24, 2019, 11:34:52 AM »
I got too close to a faucet that had hot water pouring out of it and ended up with a minor burn.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: February 25, 2019, 07:08:09 AM »
All the stupid people in town today.
I guess it;s the sunny weather.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: February 25, 2019, 10:46:06 AM »

That's quite spooky, I've had the exact same problem on the way home from work! Why on earth people feel the need to constantly zigzag on a pavement is beyond me. :blink:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: February 25, 2019, 01:04:45 PM »

That's quite spooky, I've had the exact same problem on the way home from work! Why on earth people feel the need to constantly zigzag on a pavement is beyond me. :blink:

I find it's usually the phone zombies responsible for potential collisions. That or the cyclists who ignore red lights because they think they're more important than road safety. (There are many of those in London.)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: February 26, 2019, 11:39:33 AM »
Engineers. We got a call today asking for help with a fire sprinkler pump that wasn't working properly (during a test, thankfully!) and it turns out that the problem was caused by a 12-inch spanner that had been dropped into the pipe and left there. So at some juncture, someone dropped their spanner in the pipe, knowing full well this pump is intended to save people's lives in the event of a fire, and didn't think to tell anybody about it. Ugh... Honestly, I accidentally dropped a small screw inside a pump a few months back and immediately got somebody to help me get it out again - it could mess up the motor if it stays in there! How people can be so negligent with such important equipment, it honestly scares me a little bit. -_-

I find it's usually the phone zombies responsible for potential collisions. That or the cyclists who ignore red lights because they think they're more important than road safety. (There are many of those in London.)

Oh yes, phone zombies and irresponsible cyclists are a scourge here as well, unfortunately. I've been lucky enough to avoid collisions but my dad got knocked over by a cyclist running a red light a while back. They do my flipping head in! :/

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: February 27, 2019, 10:06:49 AM »
40 minutes late for work due to trains being suspended because of cable theft! :mad: I had to take 2 buses to reach work, one of them being 20 minutes late. So thank you to the thieves for making everyone who had to take the train's day tough!  :rant:
Luckily suspensions were lifted at lunch so I could get home a little easier.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal