collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466043 times)

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1185 on: November 14, 2018, 05:13:49 PM »
Hugs for Sundance. I can't wait for this semester to be over, I'm doing extremely poorly with my Statistics class.

Thank you and hugs back! :hug:
I've got a face to face meeting with my lecturer tomorrow about everything and I'm not looking forward to that :/
Sorry to hear you statistics class isn't going well :( You've tried your best and that's all you can do :hug:

I said this to one or two of my students as well, but your health is the most important thing and you are right to take it seriously. Hang on in there. It's not long till Christmas. Also I think you should address with the school the issues you mentioned before about not being properly informed about what you need to do, as that may help in the long run with the stress.

@Beldarna - that's horrible :( Time to find a new job..?

Thank you Taf :hug:, hopefully when the Christmas holidays come round, Ill be able to get myself together, I can always switch colleges in the second year if I need to. Hopefully the meeting should do something...hopefully  ^^;

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 14, 2018, 05:44:27 PM »
My bus got stuck in the snow trying to go up a hill I was 45Min late to work. At least I did not loose my whole shift.  I stayed late to make up for some of it.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1187 on: November 14, 2018, 10:06:02 PM »
My orbituary will say: worked to death.. No, but seriously, christmastime is busy in retail and I know the need to put in extra hours for everyone but come on! I only have five days off between 1-24th december and my workdays will extend several hours on top of that. I will work three weekends in a row AND! I am scheduled to work on christmaseve, which in Sweden is the day we celebrate -_-.

I don't have a car, by the time I get off all the buses will have stopped going because Holliday so no possibility to get to my family even if a bit late.. At home my husband will be a sleep and get up by five or six pm only to get to his work at 7 pm.. So basically I'll be working and then sit home alone on christmas, the only Holliday in the world I truly love to celibrate.. I'm honestly crying over this :cry:.

That's such a bummer!  I really hate that retailers are open on Christmas and Thanksgiving.  Those are supposed to be family holidays.

And on facebook people are jumping with joy that the stores are open even longer and busses goes the entire day (locally in town) etc and I'm like.. these people forced to work has families too you know? It's not like they're working with emergency services..

Taffeta, I truly like my job. It's easygoing and so stressless it's almos boring at times which I love, having left a job so full of stress and anxiety only a year ago. Like yesterday I had 9 customers my entire shift and walked around doing nothing. It's just around christmastime it gets crazy and I know my manager will work just as much, if not more. It's just.. december in retail. :pout:

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 16, 2018, 04:22:08 PM »
Just like a few weeks ago I mentioned (in this topic or another related one?) how you have to go shopping for your Christmas decorations in October, or you'll be in trouble.

I just want to demonstrate an example (it's November, not October, but still!) that happened to me between just yesterday and today. I decided I wanted a gold Christmas tree for my musical decorations and knew that we better get out looking before it gets too late. We finally found an acceptable one at Walmart yesterday, but we still had a few places to look if I could find a nicer one. Unfortunately I was to worn out to go back yesterday when we discovered there were no alternatives. I wasn't too worried because it's still a week out from Christmas time even starting, and there were a few copies of it to purchase.

My mom and I got back out today and head over to the same Walmart. Immediately I realize that the display of Christmas trees has been massively downsized just from yesterday. That's right, a week before the season even starts, Walmart is taking down the display. The tree I had looked at just yesterday was a part of that display, meaning that if I had come just one day later, I wouldn't have even seen it and decided to purchase it. I repeat, it's not even Christmas time yet, and it was crucial I come in on this particular day to even see a Christmas decoration I wanted. I can't. I can't even.

Also, all of the copies of the tree in easy reach were now bought. Thankfully there was one, but only one, just left for me to purchase, but it was higher up and an associate had to come help us get it.

The difference one day makes... And it's not even Christmas time yet. People make fun of Christmas for being marketed too early, but I think it's about time people realize that doesn't just happen to Christmas. Stores these days want to push out stuff for every season out too early and then clear it out before the ordinary time to even buy it. Hence why you can't find coats in the winter, because they've all been cleared out and replaced with bikinis.

Retail is weird.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 16, 2018, 04:27:08 PM »
People will not shovel the sidewalks!! I WAS WALKING IN THE ROAD just to get to the bus hub.   :mad: :enraged: :enraged:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1190 on: November 16, 2018, 04:41:50 PM »
People will not shovel the sidewalks!! I WAS WALKING IN THE ROAD just to get to the bus hub.   :mad: :enraged: :enraged:

That sucks. I remember one year back home after snowfall and a freeze they didn't even bother to grit the walkways in the bus station or the steps (!) down to the station. It's like they want to reduce the population in winter...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 17, 2018, 12:37:52 AM »
We got an e-mail from an electrician at work yesterday, he had a question about a priority demand valve for which I'd wired up the control box. All fine so far, but he sent us a picture to illustrate the source of his confusion... well, now it gets interesting. We put the power supplies in and yes, they look as if they're upside down, but they work just the same because the cables are all in the right places and they make the right connections, it just makes the internal layout of the cables neater so it's easier and more efficient to work on if it does need anything doing at it. This electrician, rather than contacting us first to enquire, went ahead and cut all the cables out, then wrote to say he was stumped by it. Hmmm, how is an electrical circuit supposed to work if there are no connections because you've cut through them all?!
On the plus side, the whole thing was so stupid and unbelievable that it made me laugh.
But at the same time it's kind of frightening because these valves and control boxes I'm doing are for fire alarm sprinklers. Honestly, people as dense as that guy should not be indirectly trusted with people's safety. :|

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: November 17, 2018, 05:17:18 PM »
Hugs for Sundance. I can't wait for this semester to be over, I'm doing extremely poorly with my Statistics class.

Thank you and hugs back! :hug:
I've got a face to face meeting with my lecturer tomorrow about everything and I'm not looking forward to that :/
Sorry to hear you statistics class isn't going well :( You've tried your best and that's all you can do :hug:

I said this to one or two of my students as well, but your health is the most important thing and you are right to take it seriously. Hang on in there. It's not long till Christmas. Also I think you should address with the school the issues you mentioned before about not being properly informed about what you need to do, as that may help in the long run with the stress.

@Beldarna - that's horrible :( Time to find a new job..?

Thank you Taf :hug:, hopefully when the Christmas holidays come round, Ill be able to get myself together, I can always switch colleges in the second year if I need to. Hopefully the meeting should do something...hopefully  ^^;
My anxiety has hit me square in the face again. I'm having panic attacks at home and I'm feeling extremely anxious when entering college so much so I got sent home by the head of Student Well-being. My lecturer has turned their back on me as I raised a few questions/concerns I had with work and has been extremely rude to my mum over the phone. I've got a meeting with her too soon about this and I'm dreading it.
I'm not even sure if I am returning to college anymore, it's gotten to a point where I'll panic before I even get there.
I've been told by family and friends that my mental health comes first and that I need to focus on my well-being more than anything else. I can either take a year off and sign back up next year (I'm currently applying for part time jobs so I can gain work experience for a year and boost my confidence back up again), Change college next September and just deal with this one now, get an apprenticeship or change courses (which is definitely not what I want to do- it's the college and lecturers themselves not the course, I absolutely love what I picked, I just haven't been taught how I should, no deadlines given, no guidelines for work, no one stating the sections of work we need to do, no fire exit routes shown, my placement given late etc )
I just feel awful for causing all this and I really don't want to let my family down by leaving for a year.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 18, 2018, 06:41:43 AM »
@StrawberrySundance - it sounds like taking a break, taking some time out, getting some additional experience and then thinking about applying for college somewhere else (if you still want to go down that path and don't find an apprenticeship that suits you better) would be a good plan. Your health is the most important thing for sure. I;m glad it sounds like you have good support from your family in this and your friends as well which is also great.

In any case, there is a duty from the staff to support their students. Although I worked in a FE college (vocational) for 2 years as a learning support assistant and such a lot of the time that well being support of student duty got ignored or dumped onto the LSAs to deal with. I think it doesn't help that a lot of college teachers are horribly overworked on unpaid overtime (at my college some of them were doing 12 hour days regularly then admin) but it shouldn't rebound onto you :/

In any case, it isn't your fault and you're not letting anyone down :) It's better these things are resolved sooner when they can be resolved than allowed to get worse and make a bigger problem down the line.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 18, 2018, 05:29:41 PM »
@StrawberrySundance - it sounds like taking a break, taking some time out, getting some additional experience and then thinking about applying for college somewhere else (if you still want to go down that path and don't find an apprenticeship that suits you better) would be a good plan. Your health is the most important thing for sure. I;m glad it sounds like you have good support from your family in this and your friends as well which is also great.

In any case, there is a duty from the staff to support their students. Although I worked in a FE college (vocational) for 2 years as a learning support assistant and such a lot of the time that well being support of student duty got ignored or dumped onto the LSAs to deal with. I think it doesn't help that a lot of college teachers are horribly overworked on unpaid overtime (at my college some of them were doing 12 hour days regularly then admin) but it shouldn't rebound onto you :/

In any case, it isn't your fault and you're not letting anyone down :) It's better these things are resolved sooner when they can be resolved than allowed to get worse and make a bigger problem down the line.

Thank you Taf :hug:, I've actually just applied for an apprenticeship in the science industry as that's one thing I'm very passionate about and will be looking elsewhere too :)

I just do think that the way I was taught was enjoyable (due to me coming straight into the highest level from school while others moved up from previous years- so others had more experience then me), I definitely get what you mean when you said that most teachers are horribly overworked- it's very stressful! But you're right it shouldn't be thrown onto students. Hopefully these apprenticeships will give me confidence to try again sometime down the road later in life :)

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 18, 2018, 06:19:39 PM »
I thought Payday was tomorrow but it isn’t. :sad:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1196 on: November 19, 2018, 06:30:57 AM »
I am not used to these chunky 7/8 hr shifts at all, especially not with one more class day before the break. I'm not even a college student who rooms on campus, so I don't need all these hefty shifts when someone else might need the hours to maintain the scholarship.
I understand needing help but all I did yesterday was wander the aisles and direct people...I'm going to be cashiering today. I'm not a cashier, and I wasn't asked if I wanted to help out. If I was asked I would have agreed. Ugh, and I still have a test to take tonight online.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1197 on: November 20, 2018, 03:12:00 PM »
While doing the dishes I somehow managed to smack my thumb on the side of the sink. My nail bent backwards. It's been like an hour and a half and it still hurts!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Cactusflower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 20, 2018, 04:39:47 PM »
There's no more almond chocolate milk.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: November 20, 2018, 04:47:11 PM »
I really love the NHK Taiga (Japanese historical) drama series.

However the problem with them is that the people in them are based on real people (however fictionalised their characters might have become).

So when they die or bad thngs happen to them, you know that at some time, in some place, that bad thing really did happen.

I love watching them. But they still always get me every time...

I also often don't get quite to the very end of any of them because I know the history and I know generally how it ends. Since Japan like to make a big thing over those for whom it didn't end so well...yeah, you can basically see where that is going...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal