collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466535 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1140 on: October 21, 2018, 03:49:31 AM »
*sigh* There's been a rash of parcels going missing in the post lately. I think this is three in about a fortnight now. And it's not just my stuff either, my housemate ordered a CD that never turned up and I had an absolutely nightmarish rigmarole to get a refund for him. Urrgh. So frustrating. -_-

Is it still treason to tamper with the mail now that RM is privatised?
That sounds a bit concerning, either there's a problem at your sorting office or getting stuff to it, or something else is going on.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 21, 2018, 07:13:01 AM »
Yesterday one of my Barbie Fashionistas came, I ordered two from the same seller on eBay.uk; the main one I wanted wasn't in the package. Contacted the seller and they said they sent an email to me saying it was out of stock, I didn't have the email from them; waiting for them to refund me the money for the one I didn't get.

Not very happy, now I have to pay more money for the same one that I really wanted.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 21, 2018, 09:43:27 AM »
*sigh* There's been a rash of parcels going missing in the post lately. I think this is three in about a fortnight now. And it's not just my stuff either, my housemate ordered a CD that never turned up and I had an absolutely nightmarish rigmarole to get a refund for him. Urrgh. So frustrating. -_-

Is it still treason to tamper with the mail now that RM is privatised?
That sounds a bit concerning, either there's a problem at your sorting office or getting stuff to it, or something else is going on.

That is a good question! I looked it up out of curiosity but of course, the internet being what it is, all I could find was people arguing rather than providing information or having a discussion about it. Flippin' internet, honestly... I'm thinking that it's just incompetence that has caused the parcels to go missing, as it's only been small things that have failed to arrive. I've had some pieces of music equipment delivered safely, and they seem like a much more logical thing to go missing than the blank tapes that seem to have disappeared. Fingers crossed it's just a bad day at the sorting office!

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1143 on: October 21, 2018, 06:33:18 PM »
I'm finding myself loving charms I see when going into jewelry stores, but the problem is I hate jewelry. :huh: I hate how necklaces hang and get tangled in everything, I hate the weight of bracelets, and I have a legitimate phobia of rings (as soon as I slide one on I panic, I'm scared it'll get stuck!). Maybe one day I'll buy some, and put them on a keychain or something... I just love them so much!! They're so cute...

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 22, 2018, 02:46:55 PM »
I was putting together the goodie bags and ran out of candy at least I had enough for about 100 of them, so not a big worry.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1145 on: October 23, 2018, 12:58:08 AM »
My manager changed my schedule without informing me. Yes, I have access to it online and on my phone as an app, but since my schedule always is the same I look at it only to write it down in my calendar. Any changes are to come to me either by textmessage from the app when it changes or by mouth from him. Neither happened. I found out two hours before my shift usually ends that I was suppose to work til closing.. Not happening. I had plans. Gone over my schedule now to see and there is more changes I've not been informed of.. How hard is it to say, "i've done some tweaks, take a look will you"?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 23, 2018, 04:01:44 AM »
Rail company on strike again.

My rail company is weird and halfhearted with its striking usually, in that most of its strikes happen on Saturdays. But this week is Half Term (kids off school) so apparently they think it's a big long weekend or something.

In any case, trains are running on my line, but only 2 an hour. At home where my family live, 2 an hour is basically fine. In Zone 5 of the London area, at rush hour, not so much. Normally my station has 4 trains an hour offpeak and about seven or eight at peak times. This morning...2 trains at peak time. Not a pleasant experience getting in to teach today. At least most of my students showed up so it made the trip worthwhile!

I am better off than other people, though, some stations are closed and the other trains that run through my station are off completely, stranding people in those areas.

It also took me longer than normal to type this post because my keyboard is still having haphazard moments when it doesn't want to type certain letters. It seems to hate being carried around, so I think there's a loose connection. It always takes a while after I start it up at uni or when I've taken it back home to register that it has a full keyboard. By this point in the post most keys have unstuck, but the f is still being annoying.

Also, I miss my tab key.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 23, 2018, 02:02:59 PM »
Math math math.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 24, 2018, 02:20:13 PM »
Losing a day of the week because of a busy day before is still such a nusiance. I have a long day on a Tuesday which for most people would probably be no big deal but long days at work surrounded by people really drain my energy and yesterday was worse because of the strike and the crowded trains and late trains and so on. I try and avoid crowded places, especially at rush hour, having to wait half an hour on a packed station where people are shoving past all the time is not a great thing. I was absolutely shattered when I got home last night.

And today I am basically useless for anything meaningful. So that means losing a day because I worked a day.

Nothing I can do about it. But it's really frustrating, not least because most people around me just don't get it. And also don't understand personal space.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 24, 2018, 04:40:53 PM »
I might have to get some more candy for mini goodie boxes for some friends. 

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 25, 2018, 12:14:52 PM »
Weighing up whether or not I should go to Manchester on Saturday. It was meant to be a perfunctory trip down there just to get my melodeon looked at and work out whether it can be restored to playable condition or whether it'll have to be sentenced to a dull life of being an ornament, but I'm really struggling with my social/general anxiety disorder in equal measures at the moment, and just the thought of crowds put me in a panic at work today. I don't know whether I should grit my teeth, make the trip and get it done or just stay at home and try again next weekend. :/

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 25, 2018, 04:43:17 PM »
Today I went to a restaurant with some people and we were seated next to a group of people. It was okay at first until the group seated next to us become so loud that we couldn’t carry on a conversation at a normal volume at our table. They began to yell at each other and someone at their table began singing at the top of their lungs. As they were leaving a man from that table came up to ours and said “I hope we weren’t too noisy for you.” and “You should go vote.”

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 27, 2018, 06:03:22 PM »
I have some wood boxes to paint and no idea what to paint on them. 

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 27, 2018, 06:12:44 PM »
Rain today , tomorrow, and possibly Halloween enough with the rain.  :pout: :mad: Also the 30th is supposed to be partially sunny too.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 28, 2018, 03:48:28 AM »
I am annoyed it's wet and raining here today too, I was going to go out but I don't like walking in the rain as I don't have any watertight shoes at the moment. It's on my to do list once I get paid :/

Also just ripped a hole in my local rail company. Not about the strikes, I sort of accept they happen, but about their decisions to cut trains from my station when they're running late. Which would be fine if the following train wasn't 15 minutes late too. I don't like waiting 30 minutes on the station because they've cut a train that was only running 5 minutes late. Starting to understand why people moan about commuter lines around London xD. Glad I only have to use this rail system when I need to get to campus, as the buses where Inow  live are awesome and go to lots of interesting places well outside of London!

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal