collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467013 times)

Offline SilverStarApple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1035 on: September 10, 2018, 02:53:23 PM »
Nobody has any Vocal Stems of Tom Jones music. My hilarious meme music idea is ruined!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1036 on: September 10, 2018, 11:10:46 PM »
Woken at 6.30 by the fire alarm. Still have no idea why it went off. But I guess I'm awake now.

The trouble is, I don't need to be awake, because I have no reason to get up early today. Grr.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 11, 2018, 12:40:10 PM »
Apparently laptops don't come with built-in disc drives anymore, so I've just had to get the old laptop out, wait for it to refuse to start up, then wait some more while it umms and ahhrs over whether or not it wants to work, then wait even longer while it struggles to comprehend how to run a program and goes "Not Responding" for no reason. It's running off the mains this entire time because the battery quit holding a charge ages ago, so all this dithering is wasting electricity. All that faff because I want to put a Rag 'n' Bone Man album on my mp3 player. I can't be expected to sit through a bus ride without music, what kind of horrific netherworld am I looking into?! I may have to just admit defeat and go in search of an external disc drive for Pyewacket because the notion of firing up the Flossmonster again just sends shivers down my spine after this palaver. I really hate extraneous bits of machinery, though. I prefer to keep things as streamlined as possible. :drunk:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 12:46:39 PM by Miniature Sheep »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 11, 2018, 01:20:25 PM »
Apparently laptops don't come with built-in disc drives anymore

Really?  How lame! 

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1039 on: September 11, 2018, 01:29:56 PM »

Really?  How lame! 

They don't. I have an external drive because I want to avoid the nightmare of booting up the dinosaur. But it's not totally convenient. The drive lives here in London, and when I take the laptop home it makes it more difficult...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 12, 2018, 11:42:16 AM »

Really?  How lame! 

They don't. I have an external drive because I want to avoid the nightmare of booting up the dinosaur. But it's not totally convenient. The drive lives here in London, and when I take the laptop home it makes it more difficult...

The most irksome things about it is that a middle-of-the-road laptop without the disk drive still costs the about same, even though it's essentially less capable/versatile than the earlier version of it from a few years ago, not to mention the total paradox that has been created presumably in the name of convenience. I gather that digital media is increasingly popular because it's instantly accessible but it really throws a spanner in the works for people who prefer physical media.
(Come to think of it, maybe I'm just a bit salty about a computer making me feel old before my time.) ;)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 12, 2018, 01:33:26 PM »

Really?  How lame! 

The most irksome things about it is that a middle-of-the-road laptop without the disk drive still costs the about same, even though it's essentially less capable/versatile than the earlier version of it from a few years ago, not to mention the total paradox that has been created presumably in the name of convenience. I gather that digital media is increasingly popular because it's instantly accessible but it really throws a spanner in the works for people who prefer physical media.
(Come to think of it, maybe I'm just a bit salty about a computer making me feel old before my time.) ;)

Yeah, that really makes me not want to upgrade my laptop.  I've already replaced the battery once but other than that it still works great (possibly because I never save anything directly on it-it's all on flash drives).

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 12, 2018, 02:14:24 PM »

Really?  How lame! 

Yeah, that really makes me not want to upgrade my laptop.  I've already replaced the battery once but other than that it still works great (possibly because I never save anything directly on it-it's all on flash drives).

I want to get a gaming laptop for Sims 4 I wonder if that has a disk drive init.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 12, 2018, 04:45:52 PM »
I had to work six days in a row at work this week. I appreciate having a job and a full-time schedule, but with my foot issues it was not fun at all. They really need to get my work schedule evened out so I have a set two days off. I've talked to them about it, so hopefully.

I want to get a gaming laptop for Sims 4 I wonder if that has a disk drive init.

Well, I'll just let you know that I don't think EA even releases The Sims 4 by disk anymore. I got a physical copy of the pets EP and the only thing inside of it was a code to download it from Origin.

My laptop that I got a few years back does not have a disc drive and I always found that kind of weird. I bought the laptop without even knowing that it didn't have one because I just thought it was such a no-brainer. Oh well, it's been more of a slight inconvenience for me than anything else, because my main PC is my desktop which very much does have a CD drive.

|My Collection|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 12, 2018, 06:00:10 PM »

Really?  How lame! 

You could convert your music to MP3s and covert your DVDs to videos?

What *I* don't understand is why new Macbook pros don't have a normal USB port... You can't even transfer files between computers without a stupid dongle. (I'm on the verge of needing a new work laptop, and I can't wrap my head around no normal USB port)

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 06:01:53 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 12, 2018, 06:42:50 PM »
Apparently someone called me at 1 pm but my phone didn't register the voicemail until 7 pm.  Um...what if that was a really important call that I'd been waiting for?  Not cool phone companies...not cool.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1046 on: September 12, 2018, 10:24:11 PM »
I have a cold. Again. I have four days of work a head of me. Yaaay, fun!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 13, 2018, 07:19:09 AM »
Why do people on bikes think they're pedestrians?  Crosswalks are for pedestrians, not vehicles.  Bikes are a vehicle (even if it is man-powered). If you're walking your bike across a street on a crosswalk, yes, you are a pedestrian.  If you are riding your bike across a street on a crossWALK you are on a vehicle and I should not be obligated to stop for you, although I will because I don't want to dent my car with your dumb butt.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 13, 2018, 09:02:53 AM »
Now my son's bike has been stolen >_< :(
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 14, 2018, 05:46:35 AM »
I've got a blister from using my forceps to pull doll hair out

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal