collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466070 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1020 on: September 05, 2018, 08:22:37 PM »
I just got a phone call about an "important Mazda recall."  When I answered, they asked for "J", who I said didn't live here and this wasn't his number.  So they asked if I could give him a message.  I asked why they were calling me and she said that my number was "what was in the system."  Multiple things wrong with this aside from not listening when I said it wasn't his number.  1) I have never owned a Mazda.  2) My brother goes by "J" but they couldn't tell me if it was my brother that gave them this number or not.  3) It's after 9PM here.  Why wouldn't they call during sensible hours?

Solution:  I gave them my dad's number.  They can deal with him.  Oh, but he's off hunting this week so they'll get nothing but voicemail until he gets somewhere where he gets service.  Maybe by then they'll give up.  And if it is a legit recall, he would be able to tell and he would know whether or not it was my brother's car that they were talking about.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 06, 2018, 04:50:57 AM »
The mail: "Hey we are building a medical center near you-- pls donate"

ARGH, maybe if you didn't bleed me dry local hospital system year after year I COULD.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 06, 2018, 11:27:52 AM »

I need to learn to shut people down when they bring up political issues at me because they never want a discussion, they just want to try to validate their own views via medium of the screaming match. And I am just so done with meaningless conflicts at this point in my life. :pout:

Can relate. I genuinely don't want anything to do with any of British politics at the moment either. It's not like anyone making the decisions is really listening to anyone but themselves anyway, and the more I think about it, the more annoyed it makes me...

Very true, I'm just hoping that all this nonsense is a temporary state of upheaval and sometime in the (nearer rather than further) future, people will come to their senses and learn to work together. Probably a bit too much in the realms of wishful thinking, though. :/

And my complaint for today is my leg, it's been alright for most of the day and I was able to get about without a support bandage, then on the way home from work, it started hurting again.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 06, 2018, 04:11:21 PM »
I thought my camera was dead, nope just the battery, just when our porch spider is out, and i have a perfect shot of them.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1024 on: September 06, 2018, 05:36:39 PM »
I'd love to find a lens cleaner that actually cleans my glasses instead of leaving streaks and little specs of dust. I paid $70 out of pocket for reinforced, glare-free, and dirt resistant lenses too. It seems like I try to clean them a dozen times a day :mad:

edit: and apparently I forgot how to post on the forums.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 05:38:38 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1025 on: September 06, 2018, 09:06:12 PM »
The chain and gears on my bike started to act weird so yesterday me and husband was gonna take it to the bike shop where I bought it which is on another side of town so we decided to go early in case it would be hard for me to bike with the chain jumping on and off. We came out to the storage room and I have a flat front tire.. I was gonna start work at noon, it was fifteen minutes to ten and I began to walk with said bike and made 3,4 miles within an hour! Left the bike, ran to the bus stop and made it to the bus which goes to the mall I work at on the other side of town. I made it to work with a minute to spare. My legs felt like spagetthio after my shift so instead of walking I took the bus home. At home I started to freeze and woke up too early this morning with a soar throat and soar legs from yesterdays long march. I can't be sick! We already have a coworker who is sick so there's none to cover for me and tomorrow my family comes to town to celebrate my brothers 30th birthday! I'm the one who booked the restaurant and I'm gonna help blow balloons and things! Aaargh >_<

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 07, 2018, 07:12:13 AM »
My my little pony headphones are on the way out, the jack is messing up.  Well at least they lasted a few years.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 07, 2018, 09:16:35 AM »
I got some sushi yesterday and there was no pickled ginger with it... what is the world coming to. :|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 07, 2018, 09:23:42 AM »
The Charlet me and my family had mould in it, the beds weren't comfy. Glad to be back home to sleep in my own bed.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1029 on: September 08, 2018, 01:27:30 AM »
So when you spend two hours on a train to a conference and the guy in front of you is spending the whole journey looking at naughty images.

I genuinely don't care what he or anyone else wants to get up to in their private life, but I would have preferred it if he wasn't trying to be really furtive to prevent people walking past from seeing. Because it meant instead I got a full view through the seat gap at regular intervals whenever I tried to look out of my window and yeah. I don't need to see that.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SilverStarApple

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 08, 2018, 05:10:59 AM »
I designed a control scheme for a Fighting Game character with 9 helpers. I don't know if I should bother with the old "Pick 2 helpers at the start of the round or get all 9 at once but no super atks" system or not, now that I've figured out how to map their functions to an extra stick.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 09, 2018, 10:44:33 PM »
Hearing aid batteries, if I wear my hearing aids for two 12 hour days I have to change them after day two. Three days of about 8 hours and they last three maybe four days. Anything less than 8 hours and I can squeeze a week out of a pair.

Each package has  8 batteries, making four pairs and depending on where I get them they can cost about $17 for two packages. Thankfully my best friend was able to pick up a nice bundle of them at Cost Co which saved me a bunch of money. Why don't they last longer... :blink: :huh:

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 10, 2018, 08:38:52 AM »
Hearing aid batteries, if I wear my hearing aids for two 12 hour days I have to change them after day two. Three days of about 8 hours and they last three maybe four days. Anything less than 8 hours and I can squeeze a week out of a pair.

Each package has  8 batteries, making four pairs and depending on where I get them they can cost about $17 for two packages. Thankfully my best friend was able to pick up a nice bundle of them at Cost Co which saved me a bunch of money. Why don't they last longer... :blink: :huh:

Because the companies would loose money, and they would rather keel over than do that.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 10, 2018, 08:45:56 AM »
Kept poking myself with my doll needle rerooting a doll, in my leg and another part of my body.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 10, 2018, 02:21:52 PM »
My big thrift store closed, so one less reason for me to go out anymore.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal