collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Websites not updated :(  (Read 3990 times)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
Re: Websites not updated :(
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 06:32:24 AM »
Most can still try getting it through the wayback machine. http://web.archive.org/web/20160906005105/http://www.strawberryreef.com:80/index.html

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 01:16:47 PM »
Aw no, not Strawberry Reef please! That site is great, I hope it will come back online :(
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline Valerie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • ☼ I ❤ G3 ☼
    • View Profile
    • Valerie´s Pony Rainbow
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 03:42:18 PM »
Oh no!! Strawberryreef is my fave site   :cry: :cry:

I used it one or two days ago and it was ok   :shocked:

Fortunately months ago I saved part of the site (only the G3 catalog) because I hated when I wanted to search a pony and I hadn´t connection...

I think I have all the diferent index searches (lists by name, color, etc), The only thing I didn' t save was each individual pony, so if, for example, you are in the white category and you click on the "X Pony" name it won´t open the profile of the pony.

I really hope the site is back active, if not I could try to upload the things I have, do you think the owner could give me permission for that?  :huh:

:sunny:   visitors can't see pics , please register or login
   :sunny:   

Valerie´s Pony Rainbow Tumblr - Instagram - Youtube
:heart:

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 04:02:20 PM »
I wonder if an ID forum/page is something MLP Arena could get involved in?  Between all of us I am pretty sure we have 99.99% of all known older gen ponies? 

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 04:35:03 PM »
i've been working on a new version of my site. http://www.mylittleponycollection.info (the link is temporarily down)

the first version was not as easy to use as i would have liked.  I'm planning to list all of the ponies but I would like some help from the arena since i haven't kept up with G4s at all and i don't think i have all of the G3s in my database.

It will have collection tracking, wishlists, and lots of images like the first version.  it will just be easier to use I hope :)

Any feature requests and suggestions are welcome :)
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline SundanceSadie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 04:53:58 PM »
Most can still try getting it through the wayback machine. http://web.archive.org/web/20160906005105/http://www.strawberryreef.com:80/index.html

Thank you SkyCakes!  :cheer:
I'm not quite as sad now...

I love the way the G1 catalog is set up by country or color on strawberry reef. It makes it easy for a newbie like me to just browse and learn  :heart:

But like many others, I also use MyLittleWiki. The sheer amount of info available is mind boggling to me!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 11:18:36 PM »
MLP Merch is also working on adding the older generations. Should go online this year (But First I'm working on LPS Merch which has all the Hasbro LPS releases) :P

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2017, 03:49:25 AM »
I wonder if an ID forum/page is something MLP Arena could get involved in?  Between all of us I am pretty sure we have 99.99% of all known older gen ponies? 

So not to self-advertise, but my website is still there, and just because I'm in the UK and thus it has UK pony history information on it doesn't mean it's absolutely devoid of any other G1 information, MIP and loose. I am pretty sure I have the whole of G1 covered, minus Nirvana, which the Arena Nirvana forum is the best place for anyway, alongside the wiki.

http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook/

It's there, so if it's of use to people, please use it. That's what it's there for. It's not just a UK pony ID site. It's a MLP site written by someone in the UK from a UK perspective, but it does include ponies from other releases as well.

Also, Strawberry Reef hadn't been updated for a while, if I remember right? Maybe the person who runs it no longer has time or money to fund it?

And for the person who raised it, it's definitely better NOT to upload someone else;s website information without the express permission from the original creator. You don't want to get yourself in trouble.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 03:55:46 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SaveThePonies

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Moonstone Crazy mum to a Minty Crazy daughter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2017, 04:08:35 AM »

So not to self-advertise, but my website is still there, and just because I'm in the UK and thus it has UK pony history information on it doesn't mean it's absolutely devoid of any other G1 information, MIP and loose. I am pretty sure I have the whole of G1 covered, minus Nirvana, which the Arena Nirvana forum is the best place for anyway, alongside the wiki.

It's there, so if it's of use to people, please use it. That's what it's there for. It's not just a UK pony ID site. It's a MLP site written by someone in the UK from a UK perspective, but it does include ponies from other releases as well.

Your site was the first I used for pony id - the first version lol
It is a good site xxx
Looking for Moonstones, Minty's and Nirvana Babies  :shocked:

Fairytails Birds face book page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/FairyTails.Birds/

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2017, 05:53:01 AM »

I use your site Taffeta :)  I've always liked the detailed descriptions and back stories for the ponies and playsets.
It was also so helpful for learning about UK ponies when I first started collecting.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2017, 06:10:43 AM »
Thank you both :) It makes me happy to know that people are using it, especially since everyone keeps complaining that all the websites are vanishing, but there are a lot other than mine that are still here. The world isn't ending, we still have a solid information network between this forum, the wiki, and the various sites out there. It would be a lot more productive if people created a link hub of sites that are still out there and being actively cared for and updated regularly, as opposed to ones that have been abandoned to the point they've disappeared and can only be accessed by a website archive.

In the 19 years I've been online and in the pony community hundreds of sites have appeared and disappeared and new ones have always come to take their place.

Also, @Beth3346, we share a name ;)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:12:33 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2017, 03:29:19 PM »

Also, Strawberry Reef hadn't been updated for a while, if I remember right? Maybe the person who runs it no longer has time or money to fund it?

And for the person who raised it, it's definitely better NOT to upload someone else;s website information without the express permission from the original creator. You don't want to get yourself in trouble.

Thanks Taffeta, I've bookmarked your site  :satisfied:

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2017, 10:53:36 AM »
Strawberry Reef is back online- thank goodness :D

I love love LOVE Taffetas website- the information given is great. It is one of my absolute favourites, thank you so much Taffeta for running it :hug:
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline Kisscurl

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kisscurlsponies.weebly.com/index.html
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2017, 03:52:44 PM »
Thanks for letting us know Strandperle, I was lost for a while without that one!

Perhaps we could come together as a pony community and see if we can help getting some of these sites back online and updated? Just a thought and would only work if we could get in touch with the original owners...

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2017, 10:16:13 AM »
Oh, thank goodness Strawberry Reef isn't dead - I use it for identifying G3s, too!

Taffeta I use your site a lot for G1s, it's one of the best I've found :) What I particularly like about it is that it feels more "personal" than a lot of sites, if that makes sense.. dunno how to describe it, but I love reading about other people's collections, what makes a particular pony special to them, etc. So I really like that about your site ^^

(But First I'm working on LPS Merch which has all the Hasbro LPS releases) :P

You're amazing, omg. I've been longing for a site like this for SO LONG!! It's so hard to find LPS info online.. Will it have the older G2 pets as well or just the current line? :o

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal