collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did I get lucky with a selller on Ebay? Possible bad seller  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Did I get lucky with a selller on Ebay? Possible bad seller
« on: March 05, 2017, 11:14:41 AM »
Hi,

This isn't a problem since I got my item but I bought something on Ebay  a week ago and it came in a couple of days ago. I just got on Ebay to leave feedback and the seller has had 2 negatives and 2 neutrals. One negative was for slow shipping speed and the others were for items that were supposed to be that didn't work. The shipping for my item was slower than I'm used to but was still shipped within 3 business days. I guess I got lucky I got my item and it was as described?

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Did I get lucky with a selller on Ebay? Possible bad seller
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 06:34:39 PM »
Did the seller have other feedback before the two negs and two neutrals?  What was their feedback percentage overall?

It's possible you got lucky, but it's also possible that the seller got unlucky (like getting sick and therefore not being able to ship some items on time, or just getting picky buyers).
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 07:23:20 PM »
I think their feedback was 100% when I bought my item but I can't be sure. The negatives and neutrals are very recent. One of the neutrals might have been there but I'm pretty sure the negatives weren't because I usually avoid sellers with less than 100% feedback but do make exceptions at times. All of their feedback was positive until the two negatives and neutrals. One negative mentioned that the item was new, but didn't work.

One thing that seems a little off is the seller claimed that her listings state she ships within 3 business days after purchase but in the listing where I bought my item no mention of ship time was made.

Ponyfan

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 05:40:42 PM »
Some sellers build up a good reputation at first in order to scam people later. You hear of it all the time, and maybe you were just one of the last lucky ones that was in the wave of good before they started scamming.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 07:20:38 PM »
The negative and neutrals are from different buyers but seem to be left really recently. I'm glad things worked out well for me but feel bad for the others that might be dealing with a possible bad seller.

Ponyfan

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 09:04:26 PM »
Selling on eBay can be a rough place.

A lot of negative feedback i see before buying tends to be undeserved. Ebay makes it harder to examine the other buyers patterns these days but in the old days you used to be able too see other transactions to see if they are just complainy buyers.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Your experience was good so if i were you i would leave positive feedback and buy from the seller again if they had another deal i wanted.

The worst is when there are unmentioned bad odors or badly packed etc like when they stuff a bab pony with wings into an envelope 2" smaller than the plush, etc.

Did u buy a pony hmmmmm?

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 04:13:45 PM »
I had that happen too. I bought a book from the 1980s and when it arrived it reeked of a old musty smell. I left positive feedback fo the seller on this transaction. They have been getting more positives now.

Ponyfan

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 06:33:43 AM »
For me usually I just give people the benefit of the doubt until I get the item or it doesn't make it here. :/ Then I proceed with feedback.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 10:18:17 AM »
I had someone leave me a neutral because a comic book I sold "had a fingerprint on the front."  Not, like, in ink.  Just the way you can see a fingerprint on a shiny surface.  Like a comic book cover.  These were comics I specifically said were in "previously read" condition.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

lostpony

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 01:32:22 PM »
Thats the kinda buyer that ruins things on ebay. Did you get that removed, LMD?

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 11:47:01 PM »
I recently got a negative because a doll I sold broke in the mail - I thought I packaged her well (I am super careful about my packaging!) but apparently not well enough. The buyer left the feedback before I could even accept the return request. That one negative shot my 100% down to 97.1%. =(

My point is even if a seller has a neg or two, it doesn't necessarily mean they're a terrible seller or scammer. It's important to read the comment left by the buyer as that could say more about the buyer than the seller. Slow shipping isn't something that would deter me as a buyer unless it regularly took them weeks to ship items or something extreme like that.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 05:42:20 AM »
I recently got a negative because a doll I sold broke in the mail - I thought I packaged her well (I am super careful about my packaging!) but apparently not well enough. The buyer left the feedback before I could even accept the return request. That one negative shot my 100% down to 97.1%. =(

My point is even if a seller has a neg or two, it doesn't necessarily mean they're a terrible seller or scammer. It's important to read the comment left by the buyer as that could say more about the buyer than the seller. Slow shipping isn't something that would deter me as a buyer unless it regularly took them weeks to ship items or something extreme like that.

Agreed. Slow shipping could be the fault of the post and not the seller. However, it is the seller's responsibility to communicate to the buyer shipping times by either putting them in the auction (which should be done anyway) and, if there is a delay, to let the buyer know why there is a delay. And maybe the seller isn't doing that. But weather has been an issue in some parts of the country lately and that may be causing a delay as well.

But to leave negatives willy nilly without allowing a seller to make up for it is terrible. PinkRosedust, you definitely didn't deserve a negative on that! Especially since you did a return on it! And I'm sure you were neither argumentative nor difficult to work with. And I agree with you that a couple negatives and neutrals don't make a seller a bad one. I look for sellers with mostly good feedback. They don't have to be 100%. If they are newer sellers, though, I'd rather they have 100% positive feedback.

lostpony

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 10:36:30 AM »
PinkRosedust, i hope you challenge that negative with ebay. Ive found them to be very good about enforcing their policy of a "safe buying environment" and that was neither your fault nor were you allowed to remedy before getting feedback-ed so they might remove it for you.

If not, you can still.respond in feedback that you werent given time to remedy and other buyers reading the feedback can see what happened.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal